• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Looking great. Going to buy the V2

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I'm putting an ARF dial and bezel on it :D

the ARF 116500 white dial is the closest you will get to a ROLEX dial ever IMO. It's almost perfect to the 2018 model

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
So I understand the best Daytona is Noob V2 with black ceramic bezel and white dial.

i read new noob movement is pretty reliable and accurate.

this model is growing on me

nuancepill

Horology Curious
17/11/18
So I understand the best Daytona is Noob V2 with black ceramic bezel and white dial.

i read new noob movement is pretty reliable and accurate.

this model is growing on me

Yup. It's functional chrono is modeled after the 4130. You can always swap out the dial and bezel down the line if you're a stickler... but to me the black/white noob looks awesome.

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Is this with the thinner subdial?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a consenus on that (yet)? Some say it's thinner while other says that the white V2 noob has the same dial as the previous...

audiwt

25/5/18
The Noob V2 looks pretty good to me. And with this Dial i think its looks a litte bit better.

557583a543b7e6ea1606304c5e31e07e.jpg

2315ee7129b03e3b23fbadc934a6d9a3.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

tangle

5/8/09
UK
I think the noob V2 dial is very good, I was concerned about all the reviews in this thread but as they go back a long way the V2 maybe a lot better than the original V1. I just overlayed the white V2 dial from an image sent by marvellousreplica with a gen image and I see the ROLEX as very good almost perfect, as is the position of all the dial text, and the subdials are very close in thickness. I would be interested if anyone else has done this with better images or better photoshop skills than I. I much prefer the white dial so hope this dial is improving, the Bezel font is still not correct but it is pretty good, I wonder if unless you had intimate knowledge of the Gen or had the 2 side by side you would notice. If I remember how to post images I will post an example.

Has anyone received a white dial V2 in the last few weeks and can share their experience with me? is the ROLEX lettering convincing? also I see the early V1 subdials smooth rather than ribbed, my research suggests they should be ribbed, does any one know the definitive answer ?

I am looking at a white dial for purchase.

thanks

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
I think the noob V2 dial is very good, I was concerned about all the reviews in this thread but as they go back a long way the V2 maybe a lot better than the original V1. I just overlayed the white V2 dial from an image sent by marvellousreplica with a gen image and I see the ROLEX as very good almost perfect, as is the position of all the dial text, and the subdials are very close in thickness. I would be interested if anyone else has done this with better images or better photoshop skills than I. I much prefer the white dial so hope this dial is improving, the Bezel font is still not correct but it is pretty good, I wonder if unless you had intimate knowledge of the Gen or had the 2 side by side you would notice. If I remember how to post images I will post an example.

Has anyone received a white dial V2 in the last few weeks and can share their experience with me? is the ROLEX lettering convincing? also I see the early V1 subdials smooth rather than ribbed, my research suggests they should be ribbed, does any one know the definitive answer ?

thanks

I have a V2 latest version on it's way to me, white dial. I'll post pics when it arrives

Reactions: jcher

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

thanks

9b5deb941c348a56b61357ce1ef8e2a2.jpg

V2 QC - appears to be based on the 2016 116500 dial (ARF is based on 2018)

No more dial shaving :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcher

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Can someone send a picture of an stock Noob Daytona black dial ceramic? Really interested in that one.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

080f95549db8b09846c5f87458ba0676.jpg

This is the latest version, with updated dial... it’s coming to me..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Isragg16

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Guys how difficult is it to install an ARF Bezel on a Noob v2 116500? Does it need to go off to a modder? Or can I just pop the old bezel off and press the new one down?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Guys how difficult is it to install an ARF Bezel on a Noob v2 116500? Does it need to go off to a modder? Or can I just pop the old bezel off and press the new one down?

If you have to have the right tools, experience with it and apply even pressure on the ceramic it should be ok. But keep in mind that these bezels are very fragile and break easily...

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I also I see the early V1 subdials smooth rather than ribbed, my research suggests they should be ribbed, does any one know the definitive answer ?

thanks

N 904L early batch (early Oct'18) ripped
i never see any smooth subdial rings in latest from all makers..

31510089858_1d59838475_k.jpg