• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I just had the feeling someone was going to say something of this sort when discussing wax treatments

Hi, I don't know exactly what the wax treatment consists of but it was offered to me by one of our esteem modder @Harleysta91 (EU based) I suppose you could contact him :)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru do you know about this?

normally girls use a wax treatment. Doing this on the 116500 is just ripping you off with another unnecessary mod. The ARF white dial is very good. It all depends on the lightning when the picture is taken.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
both gen, first one is same color then ARF
second my ARF dial on noob with ARF bezel
Third also gen but pic taken with different light.
I would rather spend the money in a service for the 4130 movement instead this so called wax movement!

f149257bd61ed4db3d09a2a958f46b85.jpg

3021cdf6b991b07f171540e2a121cd25.jpg

e91eef0abf2415792f6c02ed686f701e.jpg

Last edited:

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
both gen, first one is same color then ARF
second my ARF dial on noob with ARF bezel
Third also gen but pic taken with different light.
I would rather spend the money in a service for the 4130 movement instead this so called wax movement!

f149257bd61ed4db3d09a2a958f46b85.jpg

3021cdf6b991b07f171540e2a121cd25.jpg

e91eef0abf2415792f6c02ed686f701e.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up. I have two Arf and two noob with me and both Arf are cream/ivory and Noob is white. Looks like they used a different gen to copy the dial

Reactions: vcappp

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Hello,i have arf v2 and i need to manual wind it every few days..is this normal for that model?

Bobi01

2/2/19
Why wrong? Because of that? If it is normal it is not problem for me..i like the feel of this watch..it is so expensive feel

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Hello,i have arf v2 and i need to manual wind it every few days..is this normal for that model?

Yes with the useless deco-plates and deco-rotor inside, it is normal.
Just remove these unnecessary parts (deco plates + rotor) and install an ETA7750 rotor instead.
The watch winds than much better and has much more power reserve.

Another suggestion:
When you are already removing these deco-parts and install the ETA rotor, source a small caseback (from JF Faux Chrono version, or Noob Faux Chrono 2824 version...)
Than the watch is much slimmer and the feeling is also more GEN like with this.
Also a slight service (oiling ...) will be good for these movements.

Why wrong? Because of that? If it is normal it is not problem for me..i like the feel of this watch..it is so expensive feel

Yes I understand you. This watch is really nice and OOTB a very good REP. The ARF dial and bezel is just amazing.
I sold mine only, because I have a modded Noob with ARF parts ;)

Reactions: sniffti and Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
Can you please send me link of which rotor would i buy because i dont know anything about this things ????????... and for that case back i like it like this it is not problem for me...just i need to do is change this rotor because of winding..this loud not bother me but low power reserve bother me...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Can you please send me link of which rotor would i buy because i dont know anything about this things ????????... and for that case back i like it like this it is not problem for me...just i need to do is change this rotor because of winding..this loud not bother me but low power reserve bother me...

If you start reading this thread and search more in the Rolex section, you will get all your answers. This was discussed more then 10x. I already posted a how to do. This forum has a search function.....

Reactions: Therion666 and SBM

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
So I heard with other Springbars we can get a slightly better SEL Fit on the Noob? Still correct? Which ones?
Which Springbars do Stock Noob use and what should be on a 78490/78590 (GEN Daytona) 1.8mm or 2.0mm?

Anyone tried?

Last edited:

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I think all spring bars are generic. No specific brand. Just go to any watch smith with your current defective spring bar and ask for one that is similar but thicker and spring is stronger. You can always buy lots of them to try. They aren’t expensive. I got mine $1 each. You will notice your current defective spring bar has lots of play when you hold it between your thumb and index finger and push the middle of the bar with your other hand. Look for one with little play and feels sturdy.

Reactions: vcappp

Justcurious321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/18
Just wanted to confirm with the pros but from flicking through a lot of these threads and pages the consensus seems to be that the minor “flaws” on the noob are:

Rolex Perpetual may be wonky
Bezel on 116500 engraving is too thin?
fat sundials? I can’t really notice this even after comparisons
bad bracelet?

i haven’t purchased a rep yet and this is looking to be possibly my first so thought I’d just let the experts chime in.

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

grandphuba

8/4/18
Just wanted to confirm with the pros but from flicking through a lot of these threads and pages the consensus seems to be that the minor “flaws” on the noob are:

Rolex Perpetual may be wonky
Bezel on 116500 engraving is too thin?
fat sundials? I can’t really notice this even after comparisons
bad bracelet?

i haven’t purchased a rep yet and this is looking to be possibly my first so thought I’d just let the experts chime in.

Depends on who you ask some will say the lugs of the Noob is on the fat side without much curve to it.

When I got my Noob, the bezel is also crooked. I didn't mind as I plan on swapping it with an ARF bezel anyway.

The crystal also sits a fraction of a fraction higher than gen due to the rep gasket.

If your question is ARF vs Noob, I'll go for the Noob, the movement alone should be worth the money, and it gives you the opportunity to franken it with ARF or gen parts, but even without modding it, the watch in my opinion renders gen NWBIG.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Im currently modding my noob panda and just machined the ARF dial on a lathe to fit the noob case. I e been trying to get the ARF bezel to finish it off but can’t get one anywhere. I’ve tried a few TD’s even the ones that other members have purchased parts from and all I get in reply is “ARF don’t sell spare parts and we’ve never sourced them for anyone ever”
if anyone can give me some advice as to sourcing an ARF ceramic bezel itd be a great help