• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I think they based the dial on the 2018 model where the subdials are a shade thicker. Even so noob is still too thick.

Having seen a 2019 panda in the flesh, they've gone back to slimmer subdials again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you find the dial colour on the latest panda, white or just slightly off? The colour stands out a lot to me between the two reps but I have not seen a gen in hand.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
How did you find the dial colour on the latest panda, white or just slightly off? The colour stands out a lot to me between the two reps but I have not seen a gen in hand.

It didn't look bright white to be honest but it was a gloomy day here in the UK. My client was wearing it, he usually wears a black dial 116500 so it jumped out straight away. I was really keen to see the ROLEX lettering in case noob knew something we didn't :D but no, the spacing is the same as previous dials.

Reactions: Digital.

grandphuba

8/4/18
It didn't look bright white to be honest but it was a gloomy day here in the UK. My client was wearing it, he usually wears a black dial 116500 so it jumped out straight away. I was really keen to see the ROLEX lettering in case noob knew something we didn't :D but no, the spacing is the same as previous dials.

People are so caught up with the dial (including me), no one discusses the black dial. I always get discussions about the 116520 or the white dial 116500 when using the search bar/google.

But I for one am now interested in the black dial. How would you compare the gen black dial with the ARF/Noob black dial? I think the fat subdials are more prominent with the black Noob dial, but I assume the ARF dial should be fine without any kind of dial treatment, right?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Guys, if you been following this game for a while, you'll see there's a release pattern and a method to this madness. I'll bet anything that both Noob and ARF will launch new versions of they're daytona's in the Spring (March or maybe April). I'll bet in the next version, the noob will bet thinner subdials (that is easy enough to do), but the font and letter spacing will probably still be off (no factory ever seems to be able to nail down the Rolex font). ARF will probably do a little something to tweak their version too and maybe drop the price a bit to put pressure on noob. Let's face, most people that buy these watches are not forum addicts that fixate on tiny details. They just want a quality watch that looks convincing on the wrist. Maybe 1% of buyers will even consider frankening a Daytona (the parts costs are shockingly expensive!!!!)---this ain't no breitling or omega project. At some point, you have to decide what flaws you can live with. If they are going to bother you that much, there are plenty of other watches out there in the rep world that cost a lot less--are just as much or more accurate when compared to the gen and may be cheaper to franken. At some point though, a rep becomes "good enough" that you just enjoy it and stop worrying about the small stuff. I still wear my v5 noob sub all the time (have had it for three years already). It runs great, looks great and no one has ever doubted its authenticity. The thing that excites me about the noob daytona is the fact that if this clone movement is reliable, it's the type of watch you can enjoy for years and not have to worry about running the chrono (like you do with the A7750, particularly with the extra gears to run the seconds at six). If I have the extra cash in a couple of months, the noob panda daytona will be my first rep purchase since 2015.

Reactions: XLR8R and vcappp

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Guys, if you been following this game for a while, you'll see there's a release pattern and a method to this madness. I'll bet anything that both Noob and ARF will launch new versions of they're daytona's in the Spring (March or maybe April). I'll bet in the next version, the noob will bet thinner subdials (that is easy enough to do), but the font and letter spacing will probably still be off (no factory ever seems to be able to nail down the Rolex font). ARF will probably do a little something to tweak their version too and maybe drop the price a bit to put pressure on noob. Let's face, most people that buy these watches are not forum addicts that fixate on tiny details. They just want a quality watch that looks convincing on the wrist. Maybe 1% of buyers will even consider frankening a Daytona (the parts costs are shockingly expensive!!!!)---this ain't no breitling or omega project. At some point, you have to decide what flaws you can live with. If they are going to bother you that much, there are plenty of other watches out there in the rep world that cost a lot less--are just as much or more accurate when compared to the gen and may be cheaper to franken. At some point though, a rep becomes "good enough" that you just enjoy it and stop worrying about the small stuff. I still wear my v5 noob sub all the time (have had it for three years already). It runs great, looks great and no one has ever doubted its authenticity. The thing that excites me about the noob daytona is the fact that if this clone movement is reliable, it's the type of watch you can enjoy for years and not have to worry about running the chrono (like you do with the A7750, particularly with the extra gears to run the seconds at six). If I have the extra cash in a couple of months, the noob panda daytona will be my first rep purchase since 2015.

Wall of Text critically hits you for 103,489,743 damage....

ssouthall6

10/10/13
People are so caught up with the dial (including me), no one discusses the black dial. I always get discussions about the 116520 or the white dial 116500 when using the search bar/google.

But I for one am now interested in the black dial. How would you compare the gen black dial with the ARF/Noob black dial? I think the fat subdials are more prominent with the black Noob dial, but I assume the ARF dial should be fine without any kind of dial treatment, right?

I have an ARF black dial and it's close enough. Again, it is based on the 2018 model, but Subdials are a touch too fat. The R in ROLEX is slightly too skinny but not as noticeable as the O on the noob dial. I may proceed with a black dial Franken as these details are so difficult to see close up, I learned that the the other day...give me a blown up picture and I can spot the differences very easily, close up its much harder unless you inspect.

ssouthall6

10/10/13

31d9b280b14080daaed81b8f30c15953.jpg

Bear in mind, when resting the ARF dial flat, the dial feet make it slope to the right, which makes the right hand subdial numbers appear less close to the inner circle of the subdial. When held completely centrally this is not as apparent. So for example 3 looks far from the inner edge - in reality it's not obvious.

I think ARF nailed it. Kinda made my mind up to go with black now rather than wait for white.

Reactions: vcappp

ssouthall6

10/10/13
19c5294c0170332a36c1bcf210701207.jpg

2018 comparison - skinnier R but thicker subdials as per my previous post (#1300)

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
How is the red color of the Daytona compared to gen on ARF and Noob ?

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
What do you think of the new Black V2 Noob 116500 Dial compared to the ARF?

The Noob sub-dials appear a little bigger because they are more shiny in these pictures, but when I overlay them in Photoshop, they are the same size.
43Ye2.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Noob right?

yes, without modifications. I have 2, one super franken and this. I am travelling since November in a Motorhome in Spain and left the franken at home. If this gets stolen, who cares.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: SBM and sniffti

grandphuba

8/4/18
yes, without modifications. I have 2, one super franken and this. I am travelling since November in a Motorhome in Spain and left the franken at home. If this gets stolen, who cares.

I thought I read somewhere that the Noob 116520 white dial was bad because it was based on the 116500 dial proportions, or was that the black dial? Trying to find that thread (I believe it was yours guru or someone else's comparison ), but my recollection might be really off.

grandphuba

8/4/18
Okay, I saw your thread, definitely not you guru as you were clearly fond of the white dial.

If anything, the white dial would be easier to franken as there are tons of gen dials available for sale online.

SBM

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/17

So the ceramic white one is not as good as this one?
Yeah, who gives a shit if this get stolen, love reps in that way.

Ps, in Costa del sol ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
So the ceramic white one is not as good as this one?
Yeah, who gives a shit if this get stolen, love reps in that way.

Ps, in Costa del sol ?

Yes, Costa del Sol, near Marbella, 22 deg and blue sky eveyday and lots of Golf clubs. No rain since end of November

The dial color of 116520 is perfect, subdials are like gen. They change color
from silver to gold, depending on light.
The only dissadvantage are the fonds and printing of the writing on the dial. But from 50 cm away nobody will see it.The 904 version has also an updated bezel and a new clasp. Also the Sels are improved.
A good watch for every day. On all other 3 SS models the subdials are too fat and the watch looks like a cheap beach watch

Sent from iX

Reactions: ssouthall6

SBM

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/1/17
Yes, Costa del Sol, near Marbella, 22 deg and blue sky eveyday and lots of Golf clubs. No rain since end of November

The dial color of 116520 is perfect, subdials are like gen. They change color
from silver to gold, depending on light.
The only dissadvantage are the fonds and printing of the writing on the dial. But from 50 cm away nobody will see it.The 904 version has also an updated bezel and a new clasp. Also the Sels are improved.
A good watch for every day. On all other 3 SS models the subdials are too fat and the watch looks like a cheap beach watch

Sent from iX

Awesome place to be.
If you're in Marbella and looking for a great dining exp, inbox me. My friends own OCCO, I'll hook you up :)

Great info about the 116520, got the -00 didn't get the feeling for the dial.
Oh well, getting the -20 in white now then... haha!

Enjoy your vacation