• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Just bought a noob 116500 and the SELs are not great. Is there any way I can improve it by buying another ARF 904 bracelet?

SEL is very likely just the spring bar. They provide crappy spring bars for these reps sometimes. I changed my rep spring bar with sturdier ones and the SEL fitment is much better.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
SEL is very likely just the spring bar. They provide crappy spring bars for these reps sometimes. I changed my rep spring bar with sturdier ones and the SEL fitment is much better.

Where did you get the new spring bars?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

Thanks for clarification but I don’t get it. Aren’t these made of solid steel? How can the spring bars affect the fitment there?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Thanks for clarification but I don’t get it. Aren’t these made of solid steel? How can the spring bars affect the fitment there?

the material of the springbars is very bad, get springbars which have a stiff end. Also change the ends of the SEL and move the SEL from 6 to 12.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
the material of the springbars is very bad, get springbars which have a stiff end. Also change the ends of the SEL and move the SEL from 6 to 12.

Hey, I’ve been reading this 6 -> 12 several times now but can’t understand what you mean by that. Do you have an illustration of it somewhere?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

I don't understand what you said either... What size of spring bars do we need?

So Noob case is not bad and it is the Noob bracelet somehow different from gen? Right?

Thanks in advance, guru. I heard you advice and bought this watch.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

Not all spring bars are made equal. Some are stiffer than others. When you see a lose fitting SEL, poor spring bar is mostly to blame. And yes you can get spring bars from any watch smiths or from ebay. They sell them like they sell a set of o-rings. In different sizes in a box.

Reactions: Seefeld

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

Guru, your last bit of the message is very cryptic. Please enlighten us? :)

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I don't understand what you said either... What size of spring bars do we need?.

HrPN3.jpg

Adrenix

5/12/18
You know what the SEL are - where the bracelet meets the watch case?

Remove the SEL from the 6 oclock position of the watch case, do the same with the one at 12 oclock. Put them in alternate positions. Reattach bracelet.

Reactions: Nivka

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
You know what the SEL are - where the bracelet meets the watch case?

Remove the SEL from the 6 oclock position of the watch case, do the same with the one at 12 oclock. Put them in alternate positions. Reattach bracelet.

Now I get it. Haha.. Why though? Aren't they made the same?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Now I get it. Haha.. Why though? Aren't they made the same?

No, it is a problem of the tolerance. I am guessing the tolerance from Rolex is .02 mm and the tolerance from chinese makers are
. 08 mm

Reactions: Nivka

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
No, it is a problem of the tolerance. I am guessing the tolerance from Rolex is .02 mm and the tolerance from chinese makers are
. 08 mm

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Come on guys. Ask yourself does guru really need to be bothered by stuff like this?

Will there be less play in the bracelet if the spring bars are stiffer...does this really need to be answered?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nur-Uhr and guru

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Come on guys. Ask yourself does guru really need to be bothered by stuff like this?

Will there be less play in the bracelet if the spring bars are stiffer...does this really need to be answered?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol....

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Does anybody know if we can fit oysterflex+endlinks with the 116500? Both at lugs ends and the 116500 clasp ends

I imagine so but never know for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk