• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Can anyone report on their results having the Noob 4130 or the ARF pressure tested for water resistance? Anyone showering with either of these specific reps??

When you get your QC photos you should get a pressure test photo of your watch on the machine (looks something like this)

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Can anyone report on their results having the Noob 4130 or the ARF pressure tested for water resistance? Anyone showering with either of these specific reps??

A rep will always be a rep. So best not to shower or swim with it. You need to spend money to have a few things sorted out before you can be sure its water proofed.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
When you get your QC photos you should get a pressure test photo of your watch on the machine (looks something like this)

My Tudor GMT was pressure tested by TD. But guess what? When I received the watch, I could open the caseback with my hand. So I hand tightened it and the watch never gets near water.

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany

My watchmaker tested my Noob and ARF Daytonas and both passed 10 bar without him having to do anything (well he only needed to regrease the crown seal on the ARF, but Noob was fine for 10 bar out of the box)

And I shower with my watches on

Reactions: jcher

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

All my 4 noob incl,franken passed 10 bar without any greasing

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I'm torn between the V2 Noob 116500 white and the V2 Noob 116519:

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5816-...ber-strap.html

Do you guys think that the new 116519 is a more accurate rep ( better subdials, bezel ) ? Or is the 116500 V2 white dial good enough? The subdials still seem way too fat on the 116500, but they look quite good on the 116519..The only thing that worries me, is the fact that white gold looks different than 904l steel in real life. I saw some white gold Rolexes some time ago and once you see that there's just no comparison.

guru ssouthall6 Nur-Uhr

Last edited:

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
beautiful watch. I have a gen 116523 2tone daytona and when I see the frankens 116520, I can say that they look like a real deal...
I absolutely have to build one!And about the tells in your franken ,are you talking about the sels? Cuz I can’t spot any other from this pic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topreplika I actually cannot see any SEL tells can you show me the difference please?
An important difference is the engraving in the rehaut… but I've spent so many years with my gen and I've never, never watched even once how the engraving is done…. the main problem is this forum for me!!!!
I also see an important tell in the glass thickness although my daytona is exactly 12.4 as the gen. I also dont see the gasket whilst in gens you see a white stripe around the glass. But leaving noob stock glass and gasket gives you a thicker watch ... probably it's just me, I've spent too much time looking daytona's pics for example i do recognize a non gen bezel immediatly (I have a gen bezel now) although people write that the arf bezel is perfect (I've spent few weeks with it and imho it is an istant tell). I know, I'd have to buy a gen!

qxn6h.md.jpg
qxMTD.md.jpg
qxsCU.md.jpg
qx238.md.jpg
qxP93.md.jpg

ps please show me your gen 2tone Daytona!!!!!

Last edited:

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Therion666
In my opinion, the subdials on the Noob 116500 are still too fat. I do not like them.
Lot if members say, they are much better now, but no comparison to the ARF dial or GEN dial.
The Noob 116500 needs another dial to like "good" - but just my opinion for this. I would go the route with ARF dial again (and perhaps to a later time to change with a GEN)

The 116519LN looks great. When you compare with GEN pics (real GEN pics at Chron24 or other sites) this watch and dial is great.
Subdials are much more accurate.
I would not care about the "color" of the whitegold compared to the 904L stainless steel.
My wife has lots of white gold jewelry, and I did not notice any different to 904L. This is one of the reasons, why lot of people would not wear white gold rings, cause of the look (too identical to stainless steel)

I saw once a white gold daytona at a business meeting and to be honest, my first thought was, it was a modded stainless steel with racing dial (but the case shape told me, that it was white gold)

So I would not care, and if you want and like the 116519 - go for it. This watch is so good repped, very nice.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Nur-Uhr My thoughts exactly! I was only worried about the appearance of the white gold and the difference compared to the 904l steel, so it's good to hear that it's not that apparent. The one obvious difference is the weight of course, but I don't care about that. I just like the 116519 sooooo much more :)
​​​​​​
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it a lot!

Reactions: Maxer

Maxer

Known Member
13/11/18
qN1h8.jpg

Finally the noob with arf parts is finished.

The only thing left is that i want to use the end links from the noob bracelet with arf bracelet. Right now I'm only using the arf clasp. Any help with this mod would been great

Reactions: Micasol and Seefeld

Bemma19

Horology Curious
3/1/19

Received QC photos on my Noob4130 today. I'm pleased with it. Seems like V2 sub-dials to me.
Im also pleased with bezel alignment. The SELs are my only minor concern. I did not get any images of the watch on a timegrapher. Is that something I should definitely request??

For those that are curious, it was ordered from Ryan. Took 7 days to get QC from time of payment.

Reactions: Kitosarg

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria

Received QC photos on my Noob4130 today. I'm pleased with it. Seems like V2 sub-dials to me.
Im also pleased with bezel alignment. The SELs are my only minor concern. I did not get any images of the watch on a timegrapher. Is that something I should definitely request??

For those that are curious, it was ordered from Ryan. Took 7 days to get QC from time of payment.

You will get a timegrapher image from Ryan after approving the QC pictures.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

Looks nice. Have they corrected the fat dial on both this and black one Noob V2?

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Looks nice. Have they corrected the fat dial on both this and black one Noob V2?

Someone in another thread (maybe this one) posted a noob black dial with skinny bezels, looks like they fixed the flaw finally and they are trickling in.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I think it's better to wait until after the CNY for the updated dial.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I've read this thread more than once and I really thought I knew everything there is to know about Daytonas and all the different versions and updates. But I'm too thick to know if this is the updated dial version of the Noob V2 or is it still the same thickness than before ( this pic was shown to me as an example of what the watches available right now look like). The subdials still seem a bit thick to my eye.

IMG-20190118-080322.jpg

Feel free to delete my post if it's against any rules, I seriously couldn't decide.

guru Nur-Uhr ssouthall6 Thoughts?

Last edited:

The Tourist

27/3/14
Someone in another thread (maybe this one) posted a noob black dial with skinny bezels, looks like they fixed the flaw finally and they are trickling in.

That would have been me ;)

True, Sead confirmed that this (my) Noob is a true V2 with updated subdials. It was shipped a week ago from EU stock list, so my hopes are that it arrives here latest next week, then I'll be able to make some good close-ups in order to find out all the optical changes Noob did on the 116500 V2's. ...really awaiting this watch impatiently...

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: m5smg2

sabrina.gm

21/5/14
Hey Guys. Want to buy a new Daytona. I found 3 pieces from Puretime.
Whats the best Quality? Which looks the most similar to the original one?

Daytona 116500 GMF Best Edition
https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-...ic-bezel-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a4130.html

Daytona 116500 ARF 1:1 Best Edition
https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-...nd-bracelet-black-dial-a4130-super-clone.html

Daytona 116500 ARF 1:1 Best Edition V2
https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-...bracelet-black-dial-a4130-super-clone-v2.html

Adrenix

5/12/18
qN1h8.jpg

Finally the noob with arf parts is finished.

The only thing left is that i want to use the end links from the noob bracelet with arf bracelet. Right now I'm only using the arf clasp. Any help with this mod would been great

Looks great. Which parts did you use and who did the work?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Hey Guys. Want to buy a new Daytona. I found 3 pieces from Puretime.
Whats the best Quality? Which looks the most similar to the original one?

Daytona 116500 GMF Best Edition
https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-...ic-bezel-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a4130.html

Daytona 116500 ARF 1:1 Best Edition
https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-...nd-bracelet-black-dial-a4130-super-clone.html

Daytona 116500 ARF 1:1 Best Edition V2
https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-...bracelet-black-dial-a4130-super-clone-v2.html

Seriously?

Reactions: Maxer and jcher