• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
What's mods have you done and where did you source the case back from? Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Noob 904 with
-ARF xtal
-ARF Dial
-ARF Clasp

Regulated to 0,1seconds per day and tested for a 10 bar pressure resistance.

The caseback is from http://Www.customwatchconcepts.com
​​I also have one in my Gen 16710.
​​​​​​This watch really deserves a clear caseback

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Seems there is already a Noob 126500 V2 with black dial available. I posted my QC pics earlier in this thread and it was generally confirmed that this is a V2 (or at least my watch has an updated black Noob dial), because the subdials are now closer to gen. I'm eagerly awaiting this watch, it's already shipped.

You got a unicorn bro. You deserve it after all you've been through!

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Noob 904 with
-ARF xtal
-ARF Dial
-ARF Clasp

Thanks! does this add a lot of depth over the standard case-back?

Also when you had the watch regulated was the 0.1 seconds to all positions or is there a (large) deviation between the 5 positions?

Cheers!

Less

30/9/18
DE
Not sure why anyone would pick an ARF over a Noob

After owning both, the noob is hands down better in every way other than the dial and bezel, but on the wrist there is not much even in dial and bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Color choices? My father in law wants one but only with metal and lots of gold. Now I'm not sure if I should get him a ARF anyway because he doesn't like those not gold colors and rubber strap... ARF Daytona is still a good watch, isn't it (at least for a old man who doesn't care too much about whatever Noob or ARF ist)? What do you think?

Reactions: euro1955

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
Thanks! does this add a lot of depth over the standard case-back?

Also when you had the watch regulated was the 0.1 seconds to all positions or is there a (large) deviation between the 5 positions?

Cheers!

It's not too bad, face up and face down was 0,1 and the highest deviation was crown up with +5. Still absolutely acceptable in my eyes.

Caseback adds around 0,3-0,4mm. But you don't feel it

Peter Di Palma

Horology Curious
22/3/17
Not sure why anyone would pick an ARF over a Noob

After owning both, the noob is hands down better in every way other than the dial and bezel, but on the wrist there is not much even in dial and bezel

Aren't those the main parts of what someone will see visually? Those subdials and bezel is like putting a ferarri engine in a fiat body..lol. IMO i want the watch to look real as no one sees the movement, and i personally don't know anyone who uses the full functioning chrono. Unless you plan to mod the NOOB with ARF parts, the ARF V2 is the best out of box rep, visually, hands down.

Reactions: swink6112

jb3

17/4/17
USA
QC Noob Daytona 904L.......counters are orrible!!! I will change with ARF V2!
7ec4df28f80107d35c4529368dc0be4e.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Looks like the v1 Noob dials. v2 dials are considerably better - my Noob v2 sub dials are nowhere near that wide. Have fun with the chronos that don't work when you could just swap the dial =)

Reactions: KJ2020 and Seefeld

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Aren't those the main parts of what someone will see visually? Those subdials and bezel is like putting a ferarri engine in a fiat body..lol. IMO i want the watch to look real as no one sees the movement, and i personally don't know anyone who uses the full functioning chrono. Unless you plan to mod the NOOB with ARF parts, the ARF V2 is the best out of box rep, visually, hands down.

Yeah but by that standard the ARF is like a Ferrari with a 1992 Honda Civic engine, the movement is terrible, my arf 116500 was terrible compared to my noob. Maybe I’m just into horology, movements, engineering etc more than I am into fooling people my watch is gen

I would love to see someone confidently call this out on the wrist when my wrist is moving about, without massively invading my person space, spotting reps in pictures is a lot easier than in real life

171adf737a8ba033aa794384d39c3ed7.jpg

jakekrait

19/1/17
Looks like the v1 Noob dials. v2 dials are considerably better - my Noob v2 sub dials are nowhere near that wide. Have fun with the chronos that don't work when you could just swap the dial =)

Can you share pictures of your v2 noob?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Noob 904 with
-ARF xtal
-ARF Dial
-ARF Clasp

Great with the caseback especially when seeing the vertical clutch!

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Just a note - I am not saying the v2 Noob is as good as the ARF dial but it is better than the v1 Noob by a fair margin. If I like the feel and size of the Daytona I am switching the dial and bezel on the Noob to the ARF and having the gasket fix done to get the xtal sitting at the right height.

guru laid out the recipe here I am just following the advice of those willing to harbor the investment to clue the rest of us in =)