• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

scorpioneinter

Known Member
9/12/18
Have not seen any good modd when the bracelet is too small.
Why does he needs to be specialized on Daytonas when he works on the bracelet?

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk
I do not want to compete, I'd lose at the start. I hoped it was possible for the experience. So you believe that it is not possible in any way to insert an Arf bracelet in the Noob?

scorpioneinter

Known Member
9/12/18
But Yesterday it was said that by modifying the two clocks a top result was obtained, almost gen. Today, however, it is said that you can not change the arf bracelet on the noob, which has a lousy bracelet. Let us decide! :)

Adrenix

5/12/18
scorpioneinter

My thoughts below:

Noob base watch
Casework to shave lugs
Arf Bezel
Arf Dial
Arf clasp (I think you can get away with using the NOOB bracelet, but invert the SELs from 6->12 and vice versa, then use the ARF clasp)
​​​​​​​Arf Crystal (requires a trim of the gasket)
Double check timekeeping, power reserve and a light oil.

gekkehenkie

Renowned Member
21/7/14
The thing i dont like about the noob is that the edges of the bracelet are not sharp but rounded

Noob:
a481801f3bd4f0d8afa761b6d0644750.jpg

Gen:
d5ccdd90d5548496b5cb222842a4433b.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru ssouthall6 ​​​​​​​Sorry, I did not tag you. Could you clarify, once and for all, what combination should we make to get a top replica without gen parts?

It was already said, due to the tolerance some ARF bracelets fit, some don‘t fit. I had 2 ARF bracelets and the did not fit. The gap was too big, maybe some people can live with it? I changed the endlinks from 12-6 on some noob cases and that gave me a good SEL fit. Then I replaced the parts of the noob bracelet which had a screw incl the clasp with ARF parts. You can‘t see any difference from 904 to 316.
I was under the opinion that the 904 noob released are much better now inc bracelet, clasp, SEL fitting and bezel.
Anyhow, there is no way you can modd a ARF SEL when it is too small.

V1 SEL, I can live with the edge

8c96dc8d6294526882297ffe2fbbab5c.jpg

Sent from iX

Reactions: KJ2020

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
I think there is a problem with the standard image function of the forum with tapatalk... for the future I will use BB code...

Reactions: jakekrait

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
scorpioneinter

My thoughts below:

Noob base watch
Casework to shave lugs
Arf Bezel
Arf Dial
Arf clasp (I think you can get away with using the NOOB bracelet, but invert the SELs from 6->12 and vice versa, then use the ARF clasp)
​​​​​​​Arf Crystal (requires a trim of the gasket)
Double check timekeeping, power reserve and a light oil.

Whats the thing with inverting the SELs ? Does it fit better ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru mentioned that it fit better. It may not be necessary.

If it fits from the beginning, then no need for it. Because of the tolerance it could be that it fits better on the other side.

I have 4 noob Daytonas, so I had 32 chances to get good SEL fit and it worked out. I am happy with the SEL on all 4 watches.

Sent from iX

Reactions: KJ2020 and Tschacko

JacksonLee

Looking Around
2/1/19
On my recently received noob, the terrible SEL's had an interesting cause for their poor fitment.

The center portion of the SEL springbar hole measured measured at 1.77mm while the outer two parts of the SEL measure out at 2.1mm. So one of the 1.75mm spring bar had bent causing a gap between SEL and case. The other springbar hadn't bent, but the flex the 2mm side holes allowed to the 1.75 springbar made for a SEL gap when ever any tension was applied to the watch bracelet.

I drilled out the center part of the SEL to match the larger outer parts. I then used a diamond bit to very, very slightly open case lug holes and installed the larger 2mm Submariner springs bars. The SELS now fit almost perfectly up against the case.

*Edit* I forgot to add that opening up the case lug holes to fit the slightly larger Sub springbars also gave the opportunity to correct any issue with the springbars lug hole alignment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tschacko

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
QC Noob Daytona 904L.......counters are orrible!!! I will change with ARF V2!
7ec4df28f80107d35c4529368dc0be4e.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
On my recently received noob, the terrible SEL's had an interesting cause for their poor fitment.

The center portion of the SEL springbar hole measured measured at 1.77mm while the outer two parts of the SEL measure out at 2.1mm. So one of the 1.75mm spring bar had bent causing a gap between SEL and case. The other springbar hadn't bent, but the flex the 2mm side holes allowed to the 1.75 springbar made for a SEL gap when ever any tension was applied to the watch bracelet.

I drilled out the center part of the SEL to match the larger outer parts. I then used a diamond bit to very, very slightly open case lug holes and installed the larger 2mm Submariner springs bars. The SELS now fit almost perfectly up against the case.

*Edit* I forgot to add that opening up the case lug holes to fit the slightly larger Sub springbars also gave the opportunity to correct any issue with the springbars lug hole alignment.

I had a bad SEL fitment on my Spectre and changing the spring bar out with a bigger one solved the misalignment problem. So not necessarily a bad thing just poor quality spring bars. Easily resolved.