• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
I wouldn’t do a service, just regulate them on a time graph.

Sent from iX

I know, as I've read both theories in a lot of posts, that there isn't a rule, and I realize that everybody say "this watch this last forever" then the sales section works more then the others :)

… why do you say a service is not needed? I'm like the others, I'd like to keep my noob Daytona forever :)
I think that a serviced watch should be much cleaner after a service, so in theory it should last more (my gen Rolex receive a service once every ten years or more and they works perfectly but they are gen). But I realize a service could be a sort of "stress" for a mechanism that can't be perfect as the gen one… what's your opinion about that?
Thanx, I ask you 'cause you're "the guru" :)

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Here is a pic, check my thread to see more!

NUFGh.jpg

Reactions: BlackJaguar

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I know, as I've read both theories in a lot of posts, that there isn't a rule, and I realize that everybody say "this watch this last forever" then the sales section works more then the others :)

… why do you say a service is not needed? I'm like the others, I'd like to keep my noob Daytona forever :)
I think that a serviced watch should be much cleaner after a service, so in theory it should last more (my gen Rolex receive a service once every ten years or more and they works perfectly but they are gen). But I realize a service could be a sort of "stress" for a mechanism that can't be perfect as the gen one… what's your opinion about that?
Thanx, I ask you 'cause you're "the guru" :)

OK, good point you bring up!
I have 4 Daytonas,116500 with ARF dial, 116520 franken. I like these watches a lot and I agree with what you are saying but times have changed with this movement, the rep factory has used much better material and all of my 4 are clean from the beginning. Domi has checked all 4 and they are not dirty and not over oiled. So why do a service if it runs good? If you buy a gen do you service it right away? I agree on some other movements but as of now, I have not seen any big problems.
Domi just adjusted the time and my watches run like a gen, gaining a few sec per day and loosing 1 or 2 during the night, depending how I lay down the watch.

Sent from iX

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
My case as well. My watchmaker had a look at the movement and it's all good. No real need for servicing there.

After regulation mine has been averaging +0.3 spd. These movements are THAT good!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: guru

Slowlex

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
So much positive feedback on the noob movement so I need to have one of these. Are there several versions out with the sa4130 or just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
Hi guys, I have read throughout this post and I only see 116520. Why do I only see a 116519 listed in Puretime? Where do u guys get the Noob version from ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Hi guys, I have read throughout this post and I only see 116520. Why do I only see a 116519 listed in Puretime? Where do u guys get the Noob version from ?

every TD can get you all noob version,
PT also

Sent from iX