• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
2 question about the ARF V1

1. how can the dial be centered better? how?

oIN4U.jpg

2. is there any good aftermarket caseback (thinner than arf)? i know that the 23j daytona caseback fits, but no td sells the caseback alone...

what do you mean? What should be centered better. The rehaut on ARF always sucks!

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
not always... ;)

problem i meant: on the left side the outter ring (lets call it ticks-ring) is very close to the rehaut, on the right side there is a gap between. imho all arf v1 have this problem...

Rolly123

17/11/18
Sorry if this has ready been extensively covered in this thread but I haven't found a clear answer.

I have read that the ARF has a noisy rotor. How much quieter is the noob rotor and is it possible to get the noob to a similar standard if it is lubricated well?

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Sorry if this has ready been extensively covered in this thread but I haven't found a clear answer.

I have read that the ARF has a noisy rotor. How much quieter is the noob rotor and is it possible to get the noob to a similar standard if it is lubricated well?

Never have an ARF, my Noob is very quiet..

Reactions: Rolly123

Jxwatch1

Supporter
Certified
3/10/18

Miles apart. The arf you would hear the rotor in a quiet room. Noob is very quiet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolly123

kudos

18/2/14
Ok, I read all 81 pages on this thread and have decided to get the Steel white dial Noob Daytona 116520 as recommend on this thread by Guru and others.

I plan to change the gasket which I can do but how do I go about shaving the caseback?

Reactions: botsyboy

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Ok, I read all 81 pages on this thread and have decided to get the Steel white dial Noob Daytona 116520 as recommend on this thread by Guru and others.

I plan to change the gasket which I can do but how do I go about shaving the caseback?

On the noob Daytona you do not need to shave the caseback. If you change the gasket, the watch is 12.4 mm, same as gen

Sent from iX

Reactions: kudos

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Where do you get the gaskets from ? Can't get past that white ring or the bloated subdials so ordered both colour ARFs. But with replacing those two I would be very happy with the noob

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Where do you get the gaskets from ? Can't get past that white ring or the bloated subdials so ordered both colour ARFs. But with replacing those two I would be very happy with the noob

Clarks has them under the listing n. 232985459708 on ebay :)

Reactions: mir36

enetec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/18
I'm searching for a good Daytona m116519ln-0024 (White gold, Oysterflex model) with full working Chrono and a nice Oysterflex bracelet (with fast tuning system in clasp as gen has ).

From all TD having a web site I have only found ARF models with 3 & 9 subs not working as in my cheap rep.

If possible I would like a 4130 clone movement and a white gold plated one if available.

Do you have any hints for me? Nobody searching the same?

Thank you !

enetec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/18
Yep, I got one - Start reading the forum and answers to your questions will be there, guaranteed.

I'm already doing since days and. .. quite no answer for me!

I know how forum works. I managed some.

Thank you for you precious help & time. It's in real forum spirit.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
I'm already doing since days and. .. quite no answer for me!

I know how forum works. I managed some.

Thank you for you precious help & time. It's in real forum spirit.

You welcome! I can always arrange The Spoon Master Tucker as collateral.