• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Nur-Uhr

Great pics and comparison! Which case back have you used on the Arf to slim it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Nur-Uhr
Great pics and comparison! Which case back have you used on the Arf to slim it down?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
I have sourced a caseback from an "old" JF Daytona (JF Daytona 1:1 same thicknes with 23J movement / faux chrono)
This caseback fits the ARF. Important is to remove the deco plates and rotor from the ARF and install an ETA 7750 rotor instead.

With this slim caseback, the ARF is perfect thin like the GEN.
Not much effort but maximum result :clap_1:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Nur-Uhr What a fabulous review/comparison! Thank you!

Reaffirms my choice with the ARF. Might need minor mods, and have a non-functioning chrono, but overall look and feel looks much better than Noob. I can not commend Noob enough on that movement, and only wish ARF can somehow license it for use lol. Still very happy with my 116500, I can't take it off my wrist since I got it in January. I do not even want to send it to a modder to mod the deco plate/rotor!

I will agree both are fantastic watches, and both equally flawed but we have to know what we want to live with in order to wear a Daytona. I went the opposite way with my Sub, and got the Noob in order to mod it lightly as we all know the ARF was better out of the box.

Reactions: lcsrep11

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I've been reading alot posts in this thread. Is there a way to correct the pushers on ARF like gen? Is it too obvious that Pushers is wrong on arf on wrist with naked eye?

Reactions: vcappp

lcsrep11

19/8/17
I've been reading alot posts in this thread. Is there a way to correct the pushers on ARF like gen? Is it too obvious that Pushers is wrong on arf on wrist with naked eye?

ARF are fractionally longer I highly doubt that you could tell on someones wrist. In hand with a gen side by side probably.

A friend of mine has ordered an ARF 116500 which is due to arrive the end of this week I will compare to my gen 116520 when he gets it.

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
There are 4 variants black or white and ceramic or ss.
Which dial look more close to Gen?
Thanks. I decided to try one ARF daytona.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
There are 4 variants black or white and ceramic or ss.
Which dial look more close to Gen?
Thanks. I decided to try one ARF daytona.

I doubt you will be able to find many V1 Arf Daytona left.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
My ARF Franken with modded casework including shortened pushers in the below link.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/7055015-upgraded-franken-116520-arf-daytona

I have not had an ARF daytona in hand so am interested to see it when it arrives and compare to gen. From looking at comparisons of pushers i think it looks like the screw part goes too far down making the top of the pusher look too long as a pose to the actual pusher being too long. As I said this is solely from images on here and looking at my 116520.

Reactions: MrBeasy

lcsrep11

19/8/17
So, do you think ARF V1 is more correct than V2?

No what I mean is I doubt that ARF are still making the V1 so even if it was better it would be hard to find that variant. I haven't compared v1 and v2 or had them in hand side by side with a gen.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Here are the instructions for the crystal mod on the noob daytonas.

The watch is 12.8 mm thick, gen spec needs to be 12.4.
So you need to reduce the thichness by .4 mm.
Rep bezel is 2.75 mm compare to gen bezel of 2.5 mm.
So you need to shave the bezel down to 2.5 mm.Now the
crystal,sits even higher, so you need to shave the gasket down from 2.5 mm to 2.1 mm. That will lower the crystal so that the facete is even with the bezel. The watch now has 12.4 mm.
When you do this, the hands needs to be pressed down. Don‘t know why noob didn‘t press them down from the beginning. When they are pressed down, they look even more gen. It is an incredible mod, rehaut looks smaller and handstack look much better.

I have not done this on the ceramic because of tooling issues.
These ceramic bezel are easy to break without the right tool to remove and press the bezel.

Have you measured the stock rep crystal? is it 2mm thick like alot of the rep crystals (instead of 1.8mm) like the gen?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Have you measured the stock rep crystal? is it 2mm thick like alot of the rep crystals (instead of 1.8mm) like the gen?

No, but will do with the next modd

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: Curt941

fredy.g

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/09
Thanks for the nice comparison

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Before reading all 24 pages of this thread, I thought I'll just get the ARF. After spending 30-40minutes reading all 24 pages, I'm now confused.

Same here.

I want to try out a black dial. Haven’t found a clear answer on:

Best black dial OOTB- ARF?

Will gen dial fit Noob watch with no mods?

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Same here.

I want to try out a black dial. Haven’t found a clear answer on:

Best black dial OOTB- ARF?

Will gen dial fit Noob watch with no mods?

Your concerns have been addressed several times in several threads.
But for your convenience:
1) Best black dial OOTB- ARF? - yes.
2) Will gen dial fit Noob watch with no mods? - yes

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
No it won't fit without mods. The dial needs to be "shaved".

Unfortunately, you may have been misinformed.
The gen dial is a drop-in, no shaving needed. The ARF dial --- when using it to replace the Noob dial, needs to be shaved.
But don't take my word for it. Ask guru who has done it and measured the dials, or ask misiekped Mike in NY.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Unfortunately, you may have been misinformed.
The gen dial is a drop-in, no shaving needed. The ARF dial --- when using it to replace the Noob dial, needs to be shaved.
But don't take my word for it. Ask guru who has done it and measured the dials, or ask misiekped Mike in NY.

You're right,i read wrong. I did read the first sentence and then jumped to the last couple of words of the second. F-king dyslexia. Apologies