• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I agree I don't understand why anyone is even talking about the ARF.

ARF has the replication correct as far as looks and fit/finish go, the Noob has the replication correct as far as the movement goes. Bottom line, I rather have the one that looks the part. That is just me though, trust me I am super jealous of anybody with a Noob Daytona right now, but if it had the looks and fit/finish that were comparable to the ARF I would be all over it.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
ARF has the replication correct as far as looks and fit/finish go, the Noob has the replication correct as far as the movement goes. Bottom line, I rather have the one that looks the part. That is just me though, trust me I am super jealous of anybody with a Noob Daytona right now, but if it had the looks and fit/finish that were comparable to the ARF I would be all over it.

ARF has some advantage, but from 10 inches away you do not see it

Sent from iX

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Yes...but chrono movement is inside the watch!!!
:eek:hgoon:

not really, kind of on the outside, you may not no this because you have an arf, but those sub dials are supposed to move... :rofl:

haha this will go on forever until either noob makes an aesthetically pleasing watch to the pixel peeper or Arf get a 4130 installed

lcsrep11

19/8/17
If the movement is important to you go with Noob if you want a watch that looks as close to gen as possible out the box go with Arf, its as simple as that. Personally, I don't think its a big deal chronos at 3 and 9 are fake as ive used the chrono on my gen probably 6 times in 6 years. Id be more worried about those huge sub dials on the noob. Hopefully Noob nail the dial and bezel in the next few variations as i've read Arf are not developing a clone movement like the noob 4130. I Think this is a huge shame if its true.

Reactions: Sdc83

knol

17/8/16
does noob sell dials seperately an how much if so. in that case i would get the noob and change the dial when they release another version

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
does noob sell dials seperately an how much if so. in that case i would get the noob and change the dial when they release another version

get the noob and get an ARF or BP or gen dial and you are all set....here is a dial I will put in my 116500

fffc4dbb7d4c1364a236294f03036590.jpg

Sent from iX

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
get the noob and get an ARF or BP or gen dial and you are all set....here is a dial I will put in my 116500

fffc4dbb7d4c1364a236294f03036590.jpg

Sent from iX
First of all, thank you for your efforts, I have just dug through all pages and am now really drawn towards the noob Daytona and I will upgrade it with another dial, like you said.
I've just asked puretime if they can get an ARF v2 dial separately to my noob Daytona order and they said they "might be able to". If I may ask so bold, what's the usual price for these spare ARF dials if you know by any chance?

knol

17/8/16
First of all, thank you for your efforts, I have just dug through all pages and am now really drawn towards the noob Daytona and I will upgrade it with another dial, like you said.
I've just asked puretime if they can get an ARF v2 dial separately to my noob Daytona order and they said they "might be able to". If I may ask so bold, what's the usual price for these spare ARF dials if you know by any chance?

is that an ARF dial ? from which TD did you get it and how much was it. Did not know that the ARf dial would fit the noob movement

Calibre16

31/1/12
not really, kind of on the outside, you may not no this because you have an arf, but those sub dials are supposed to move... :rofl:

...If you decide to start the chrono, yes... which is something I haven't done even once during the last 6 years since my rep collecting began. So that makes me prioritize the look and feel instead, so I guess I'll buy the winner in that category, the ARF.

For all yall that do use the chrono, I understand that the decision on noob is easy.

Reactions: lcsrep11

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
It's not like that !!! Arf time keeps it, and also good!

But still "Mercury" V6 inside. It's "missing" 10 cylinders and "about" 1000 Horsepower of engineering marvel. But if you, like most ARF owners, just want to run your "chronograph" slowly for sixty seconds, then this just might be the perfect bargain for you.

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15

Just bought on puretime, price was something like 65$ included airmail shipping. They said that could take a bit of time to have it. I can't wait for this upgrade :D

Reactions: hadamokel

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
Just bought on puretime, price was something like 65$ included airmail shipping. They said that could take a bit of time to have it. I can't wait for this upgrade :D

Thanks mate, much appreciated, so it must be around 50, maybe 60 bucks on a regular order where they just bung it in a box with my ordered watch. Man I want this Daytona now