• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

edmse

Horology Curious
10/8/18
Where’s the best place to buy the latest Noob pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guru, would you agree that this modification is mostly cosmetic? I did not notice much of a difference in wearing comfort, as dramatic as one might experience in thinning a caseback. This is because we are just making one element of the watch a little lower to make the geometry of the crystal in relation to the tachymeter a bit better. There is not much lowering of the center of gravity.

slaughterer62 I fully agree with you that this modification is mostly cosmetic. It is nice to have. Great that you took a 116500 and that your Ceramic bezel did not brake. Which tool did you use to take off the bezel? And did you put a gen dial in?
BTW, I think you might have a typo in your measurings, size of the watch 10.xx mm?

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
slaughterer62Which tool did you use to take off the bezel? And did you put a gen dial in?
BTW, I think you might have a typo in your measurings, size of the watch 10.xx mm?

The ceramic bezel seems at most risk when reseating the cer bezel back on the watch: if the gasket is too wide, it can crack the ceramic bezel. ARF Daytonas are more prone to this than Noob ones. When reinstalling the cer bezel it is good to see first if it can be positioned about half way down with modest force before pushing it into final position. If the bezel seems to be a tight fit, then the gasket needs to be thinned crosswise a bit.

No gen dial on this one yet--but, yes, something needs to be done there. ;-) Whereas 116520 white dial can stay with its V2 rep dial for a while--it is not so bad. The first one I Franken is actually the 116506. :) But the base is not yet with me.

Reactions: KJ2020 and vcappp

seisohai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/8/18
My question was serious. Cos I think the first post was comparing arf with the noob v1. I thought the so called v2 is much better???

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

The ceramic bezel seems at most risk when reseating the cer bezel back on the watch: if the gasket is too wide, it can crack the ceramic bezel. ARF Daytonas are more prone to this than Noob ones. When reinstalling the cer bezel it is good to see first if it can be positioned about half way down with modest force before pushing it into final position. If the bezel seems to be a tight fit, then the gasket needs to be thinned crosswise a bit.

No gen dial on this one yet--but, yes, something needs to be done there. ;-) Whereas 116520 white dial can stay with its V2 rep dial for a while--it is not so bad. The first one I Franken is actually the 116506. :) But the base is not yet with me.

I got the tool, I think the problem is not getting it off, the most risk is to get it on, as you said!

I saw a 116506 dial from my source for 1400 euros. When I was convinced to buy it, it was sold.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
:facepalm:
Perhaps we have the same source for dials.
:thinking:
I hate to be buying dials you want too.
:pcsam:

Bezelover

11/8/18
Hi, I am a new member and found the forum while searching for feedback on the Daytona Noob SA4130. Firstly, thank you to all members who have shared their first-hand experiences with the NOOB and ARF models, which I have found to be very enlightening and all of these viewpoints only add to the wealth of wisdom already in these RWI forums.
I now own a NOOB Daytona SA4130 White Dial SS Bezel, delivered 3 days ago from a TD in a facebook group. Very happy with it, I even opened up the back to see for myself the cloned 4130 movement, and be certain the seller didn't cheat me, and seeing the cloned 4130 blew me away. Not sure though if its V1 or V2, as I only came to know that there is a V2 already through this forum today. Now I'm in the process of purchasing my 2nd & 3rd NOOB Daytonas and the seller has been kind enough to send me QC pics in advance (prior to PayPal payment) since we already had a transaction. I would like to get your comments if these 2 pieces are either V1 or V2, as the seller can only say that his limited stock is very new from the factory and he is not aware of V1 or V2. I will greatly appreciate your help in this regard. I extend my gratefulness in advance...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
:facepalm:
Perhaps we have the same source for dials.
:thinking:
I hate to be buying dials you want too.
:pcsam:

about 250 km south of you?
I have all the dials I need, I skip the 116520 white one, but
he still has a Panda and some Racing dials....thinking about one of them but in my opinion, the dials are to busy.

Bezelover

11/8/18
Hi, I am a new member and found the forum while searching for feedback on the Daytona Noob SA4130. Firstly, thank you to all members who have shared their first-hand experiences with the NOOB and ARF models, which I have found to be very enlightening and all of these viewpoints only add to the wealth of wisdom already in these RWI forums.
I now own a NOOB Daytona SA4130 White Dial SS Bezel, delivered 3 days ago from a TD in a facebook group. Very happy with it, I even opened up the back to see for myself the cloned 4130 movement, and be certain the seller didn't cheat me, and seeing the cloned 4130 blew me away. Not sure though if its V1 or V2, as I only came to know that there is a V2 already through this forum today. Now I'm in the process of purchasing my 2nd & 3rd NOOB Daytonas and the seller has been kind enough to send me QC pics in advance (prior to PayPal payment) since we already had a transaction. I would like to get your comments if these 2 pieces are either V1 or V2, as the seller can only say that his limited stock is very new from the factory and he is not aware of V1 or V2. I will greatly appreciate your help in this regard. I extend my gratefulness in advance...
VqxZp.md.jpg

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
41fab0126bd242f4a8d8038056a8191c.png

here is the pic, tapa problems again ...

I’ve decided to get a gen crystal as the more I look at this pic the more it has the wrong profile angle. Will update with pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gpvecchi

4/7/12
Jesus, nobody notice it? The lugs of the Noob case are completely wrong! In the side view they have sharp edges, while the ARF and the genuine are rounded! Look at the third photo in first post and compare it with genuine.
Gold version have a best case profile, but still noticeable.

Last edited:
Reactions: shotgun and Sdc83

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Jesus, nobody notice it? The lugs of the Noob case are completely wrong! In the side view they have sharp edges, while the ARF and the genuine are rounded! Look at the third photo in first post and compare it with genuine.
To me seems the opposite. The picture says noob on top. So noob rounded as per gen, arf sharp lug.