• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Deepsea4life

Known Member
14/11/13
Agree. I think some are going a bit overboard with the noob praise. Those subdials are icky. Got to fix those SELs too...

Obviously for some the movement makes up for that. Especially since it accepts a gen dial. So then you just have a Franken big gap special. (JK)????????????????????

ARF all day. ????????

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Deepsea4life

Known Member
14/11/13
Omg those question marks appeared on their own. Swear to god I'm a normal person. Lmao.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Omg those question marks appeared on their own. Swear to god I'm a normal person. Lmao.

Question marks appear when emojis are not interpreted properly.

Have to agree that ARF bracelets > Noob bracelets.

This is my ARF v1 ceramic. I also have the ARF v1 SS black dial, and they look very good to me!

fe4cd955f0317e269b09985bd64bbfe8.jpg

Looking at the bezel number alignment and deep cuts, and the dial accuracy I'd have to say ARF wins in these categories as well.

Reactions: Sdc83

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
In case anyone is interested, the new Metallic bezels have the same marker layout that the Ceramic bezels do. Bold and dramatic.

Daytona_Metallic_Bezel_Medium.jpg

Last edited:

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Agree. I think some are going a bit overboard with the noob praise. Those subdials are icky. Got to fix those SELs too...

Obviously for some the movement makes up for that. Especially since it accepts a gen dial. So then you just have a Franken big gap special. (JK)????????????????????

ARF all day. ????????

Sels on my Noob are perfect. Just a QC issue.

lcsrep11

19/8/17
In case anyone is interested, the new Metallic bezels have the same marker layout that the Ceramic bezels do. Bold and dramatic.

Daytona_Metallic_Bezel_Medium.jpg

Gold models have been like that for some time now mate. Bi metal too.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Kornsoup

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/16
Without Gen dial;
Noob is definitely a better watch. Vertical clutch and 72 power reserve. Wow x 2
ARF is a better rep though. Just my stupid opinion.
In the end, i got ARF just to scratch that itch. So Waiting attentively for noob to improve the dial and also noob owners to report back on stability of the movement.

Reactions: KJ2020 and lcsrep11

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Currently I am obsessed with my arf duo.

They really look great as an overall product. I do appreciate the working chrono 4130 by noob and respect the efforts.

It would be ideal if we could hybrid the two to get the best of both worlds.

I am so tempted to order the noob to try out the chrono and have some fun. Don't know which one in particular to get....
659dcf76c9f06376064727fe08a80adc.jpg
d53b804add06341d227e2e802f824d2a.jpg
06d1534281a552ffa7876a0c5a4cb806.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

seisohai

9/8/18
Hi all. Sorry I am a newbie here

have been reading arf vs noob Daytona and most people says arf version is aesthetically more pleasing.
plenty of complaints on noob dials and fonts. Can someone please specifically tell me what are the flaws in noob version?? Cos I could not identify it myself. Sorry am too new for all these.

ssouthall6

10/10/13

have been reading arf vs noob Daytona and most people says arf version is aesthetically more pleasing.
plenty of complaints on noob dials and fonts. Can someone please specifically tell me what are the flaws in noob version?? Cos I could not identify it myself. Sorry am too new for all these.

Look back around page 12 there are visual dial comparisons.

Noob ceramic dial actually isn't too bad as reps go, but the subdials don't quite look right.
On the steel version, the noob dial is completely wrong. They've used the same font on the ROLEX as their ceramic dial. The letters should be closer together and more accentuated.

Neither insert is very good, the ceramic one the engravings are too shallow and the triangles are too small. The steel one seems the wrong profile.

lcsrep11

19/8/17

Biggest tell for me is look at the sub dials (three small circles) and compare them to gen, There too fat it makes the watch look weird and its an obvious tell. The Noob white stainless steel 116520 model isn't as bad as the rest. The black face modes in both variants ceramic and stainless are really bad.

seisohai

9/8/18
I see. It seems like the 116520 has more issues
how about the 116500 white dial version?? Are the fonts really that bad?? And I suppose the fat you guys are talking about is the width of the sub dial ring??? Or the whole sub dial diameter??
am actually looking at the 116500 white

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I see. It seems like the 116520 has more issues
how about the 116500 white dial version?? Are the fonts really that bad?? And I suppose the fat you guys are talking about is the width of the sub dial ring??? Or the whole sub dial diameter??
am actually looking at the 116500 white

It is actually the inner diamter of the sub dial mostly . But it really isnt that bad . imho The 116500 bezel on the Noob is way better than the ARF. But if you really want a watch that actually isn't a chrono and has a fake print of a column wheel on the movement plus the pushers at the wrong angle buy the ARF

Reactions: nothingelse

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
guess what I do with this dial?
well, tapa does not allow me to post the pic

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Last edited:

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I received the Noob 116520 yesterday and straight away popped a lower(2.3mm) crystal gasket and a used gen bezel on and just wearing and enjoying it! The movement is very impressive! I’ve just run the chrono for around 3 hours while I detailed my car and it ran perfectly and reset perfect. Very solid so far!

Sorry can’t upload a pic!!! This forum is crap on tapa since it was redone☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory and guru

Watchtrader93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/17
I received the Noob 116520 yesterday and straight away popped a lower(2.3mm) crystal gasket and a used gen bezel on and just wearing and enjoying it! The movement is very impressive! I’ve just run the chrono for around 3 hours while I detailed my car and it ran perfectly and reset perfect. Very solid so far!

Sorry can’t upload a pic!!! This forum is crap on tapa since it was redone☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

useless without photos, try Tinypic takes seconds on. The mobile! Waiting to see your 116520!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I received the Noob 116520 yesterday and straight away popped a lower(2.3mm) crystal gasket and a used gen bezel on and just wearing and enjoying it

Very interested in seeing this.

Deepsea4life

Known Member
14/11/13
Sels on my Noob are perfect. Just a QC issue.
I mean, most every noob daytona I've seen has SEL gap. Subs too. You must have gotten lucky - Congrats!

Safe to say this -

*If you are looking for the BEST Daytona that has the capabilities of accepting Gen Dial/Movt parts and want a good reliable chrono - Go for Noob

*If you are looking for the BEST Daytona visually out of the box with a non working chrono but correct running secs @ 6 - Go for ARF. I think it's that simple.

FACT-
If I see that big second hand on a Daytona running - It's just going to make me look even harder for authenticity. Just saying.

I think we got some chrono molesters on here. hehe.

#Simpleton