• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Here is a link to the gen forum where members are discussing about differences in dials made by Rolex.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=150925

So much talk for fractions of mm (16 pages) is nonsense in my humble opinion. I don’t remember anymore if it was in this thread or another the post from a member working in Rolex dealership/boutique who had the opinion from one of the Rolex watchmakers about the Noob Daytona 4130 saying that’s an excellent replication. I own one too, to be honest I am a type of collector that does not notice this minor differences you guys are pointing out. Keep in mind that the tollerances are just about what you keep mentioning here, fractions of mm or mm..enjoy them for what they are...

arepuj

Known Member
6/10/11
Here is a link to the gen forum where members are discussing about differences in dials made by Rolex.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=150925

So much talk for fractions of mm (16 pages) is nonsense in my humble opinion. I don’t remember anymore if it was in this thread or another the post from a member working in Rolex dealership/boutique who had the opinion from one of the Rolex watchmakers about the Noob Daytona 4130 saying that’s an excellent replication. I own one too, to be honest I am a type of collector that does not notice this minor differences you guys are pointing out. Keep in mind that the tollerances are just about what you keep mentioning here, fractions of mm or mm..enjoy them for what they are...

Is that Noob or ARF?

Enviado desde mi H3113 mediante Tapatalk

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Unfortunately, daytona noob is fat on the profile..
this destroys the daytona line,the proportions are wrong.. Expect the V3

Reactions: vcappp and Sdc83

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Unfortunately, daytona noob is fat on the profile..
this destroys the daytona line,the proportions are wrong.. Expect the V3

Side profile is barely distinguishable from a Gen. The difference is academic.

Noob 4130

29509518008_a975de9a52_b.jpg

43436146411_f65b1202d4_b.jpg

Problem is that when a side on photo is taken the light needs to be right . If not the curved lower edges under the lugs look straight. In the hand next to a Gen it looks within a Gnats bollock the same.

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
I also have a gen and have had many I think the difference is minimal and barely significant. All things are relative We are talking about Reps

Ok Ok.... no problem for me..I choose ARF, I have no doubts about this...the best out of box Daytona ...My two cents... ...

Reactions: vcappp and Sdc83

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I am with you, ARF all the way. I do not care for non-working chornos on a rep anyway! I am so happy with my ARF.

lukko Not sure i see what you mean, as I am pretty sure I have a v1 and the dial looks good to me, as does the bezel insert.

56a9924edf749f328dc6ab5bd01a6ae9.jpg

Ceramic ARF was only in this version not previous or upgrade and comes out before steel version was updated

Reactions: vcappp

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Many interessting and informative posts here.

I can't await the arrival of my Noob 4130 116500 and than I can do some comparison with my ARF 116520. ...
The Noob movement for itself is very fascinating and worth to take this Daytona.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Hi have two Daytona...trust me the new daytona is fat...
cdf91c90725bdd8bd17155fdc895b204.jpg
dd9888373f434ef0fe23d3a51e40dc0f.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

that is comparing apples with tomatos

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Just got the Noob.

Yep, this thing is a complete game changer. The movement is incredible and there is no turning back to those pesky 7750s.

Bracelet is also extremely good, much better than the ARF bracelet, I was extremely worried and on the look out for potential NATO, rubber or whatever before getting the watch since I had a 116600 sea-dweller V2 from noob which had a disgustingly terrible bracelet which almost made me physically ill just handling the watch, luckily they have made incredible strides in this department and I am extremely satisfied.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Just got the Noob.

Yep, this thing is a complete game changer. The movement is incredible and there is no turning back to those pesky 7750s.

Bracelet is also extremely good, much better than the ARF bracelet, I was extremely worried and on the look out for potential NATO, rubber or whatever before getting the watch since I had a 116600 sea-dweller V2 from noob which had a disgustingly terrible bracelet which almost made me physically ill just handling the watch, luckily they have made incredible strides in this department and I am extremely satisfied.

Would you mind posting photos of the watch? I'm curious whether Noob Daytona is providing new bracelets now. The noob bracelet i have feels cheaper when compared to the ARF bracelet.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Just got the Noob.

Really? I compared ARF 500 to gen 116520 and the bracelets are nearly identical. I would say the noob bracelet could be "good" but not "much better" than ARF as this thing is super high quality!

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Really? I compared ARF 500 to gen 116520 and the bracelets are nearly identical. I would say the noob bracelet could be "good" but not "much better" than ARF as this thing is super high quality!

+1. This is the credited response. I couldn't agree more. The Noob bracelet feels cheap when compared to the ARF bracelet.

Reactions: Sdc83 and shotgun