• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

JMG2099

Known Member
31/5/20
My two cents and I'm also just a beginner in the rep game. From owning both Noob V3 and ARF V2, I can say with extreme certainty that for beginners who are looking for a simple answer on which is better right out of the box, here's my opinion on both.

ARF
OOTB the ARF will look more gen-like and solid. But the 3 and 9 o'clock position sub dials do not work. So if you want a more gen like "looking" watch OOTB, pick ARF. The bracelet feels more solid and the contrast between the brush and polished links stands out more while the Noob will sometimes look more blended. And the power reserve for the ARF is around 48 hrs tops with proper winding while Noob is more towards the 72 hrs length. As for the chrono only the second hand will move while the minute and hour hands will not so timing a race or boiling an egg is a no go, LOL.

Noob
OOTB The Noob while still gorgeous will look less gen-like compared to the ARF but it comes with a fully function chrono which to many is a must. And the rotor is more silent compared to the noisy ARF rotor. And the movement of the second hand at 6 o'clock position sweeping motion is way smoother and gen-like than the ARF. Can never get tired of looking at it. ARF second hand movement isn't as smooth.

So it just boils down to preference. Me personally find myself picking up the ootb ARF more as a daily wearer than the ootb Noob due to how good it looks on the wrist and my lack of interest in using the chrono to time anything. But keep in mind that these two factories are at the top of their game in terms of looks and quality so you can't really go wrong either way.

Noob OOTB = Performs more like gen. Movement looks like gen as well. Absolutely amazing.
ARF OOTB = Looks and feels more like gen and less expensive. No chrono.

So pick your poison or...

Experts will say to use the Noob body and movement with the ARF dial+bezel and bracelet/clasp.Seems like the best of both worlds. Oh and for someone wondering which color dial looks closer to gen, the black dial on both Noob and ARF. Hope this helps a struggling beginner just like myself. And I apologize if this point have been mentioned before. Cheers!

Are we talking ARF v2 panda or 166502?

sc0ut84

Horology Curious
3/5/16
Did´t you buy an ARF 116500 from me? Why did u source asecond dial?

Because I wasn't sure that the TD was going to be able to actually source the dial for me. I wanted to cover all of my bases ;)