• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Rolly123

17/11/18
Looking to purchase the ARF 116515 on oysterflex. Have a 6.5inch wrist and was wondering if stock length will fit with the micro adjustments or if I need to order XS length straps on top?

Think from some research I might be EE and ED, but not sure which size it comes with.

Any help much appreciated!

RandyC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/19
Heard a rumour that ARF is coming up with 4130 clone movement daytonas. I have asked my TD to check but does anyone have anything on it?

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Heard a rumour that ARF is coming up with 4130 clone movement daytonas. I have asked my TD to check but does anyone have anything on it?

Who said that rumour? That is what we waiting for

Bobi01

2/2/19
Does someone have issues like this with SELs? SELs are little longer than lugs
Can this be lugs problem or endlink problem,could i solve this with new bracelet?
Experts help
7022478f35ebf9cb431108e1f5149cbb.jpg
0eba2998814d0cb90f1e9669111c2719.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Does someone have issues like this with SELs? SELs are little longer than lugs
Can this be lugs problem or endlink problem,could i solve this with new bracelet?
Experts help
7022478f35ebf9cb431108e1f5149cbb.jpg
0eba2998814d0cb90f1e9669111c2719.jpg

I believe it's because the case shape isn't very good, the lugs are not symmetric and sometimes short. My bottom right lug is slightly shorter then the left lug. My top lugs are both short. I replaced my noob bracelet with an ARF and its the same result.

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
I believe it's because the case shape isn't very good, the lugs are not symmetric and sometimes short. My bottom right lug is slightly shorter then the left lug. My top lugs are both short. I replaced my noob bracelet with an ARF and its the same result.

Do you have the v1 ?

Bobi01

2/2/19

So you think that it is a case problem and new bracelet wont fix problem?
Wonder if people who wear gens can reckognize this or this is in our minds only haha...

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Wonder if people who wear gens can reckognize this or this is in our minds only haha...

Mine is V1 and yes it's a case problem. The arf bracelet didn't make a difference at all. If it bothers you too much just switch to a leather strap and it's very hard to tell.
People who wear gens cannot tell unless it's someone from our community. With the SA4130 even if someone takes it off your hands it won't give you away. Actually most people have no idea how to use the chronograph :p

Bobi01

2/2/19
Mine is V1 and yes it's a case problem. The arf bracelet didn't make a difference at all. If it bothers you too much just switch to a leather strap and it's very hard to tell.
People who wear gens cannot tell unless it's someone from our community. With the SA4130 even if someone takes it off your hands it won't give you away. Actually most people have no idea how to use the chronograph :p

Mine is arf v2 and this is my second arf with this problem.. on first watch i didnt saw on qc and second one i got watch that i didnt ordered,TD switched it with someone else and said me to send it back to china and i didnt want to risk because this watch have perfect bezel crisp numbers and perfect aligned and this SELs was only flaw,so i decide not to send it back...now this flaw really bothers me

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

In your mind only, the majority of gen owners aren't watch enthusiasts and only buy them for the prestige and because they can afford them, they don't notice tiny things like that

Reactions: Bobi01

lcsrep11

19/8/17
Well I think on the gen the sel is slightly longer than the lugs.

I have a gen Daytona sell is definitely not longer than the lugs it’s a tad shorter. I don’t think it’s a massive tell though those previous images are super zoomed in. In reality I bet it’s hardly noticeable to naked eye.

Enjoy it for watch for what it is I say.

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
I've read every single post and responses. Yes. All 1700+.

I still don't know which one is better lol

Bobi01

2/2/19
I've read every single post and responses. Yes. All 1700+.

I still don't know which one is better lol

If you dont care about chrono and what movement is inside arf for sure,if you wanna clone movement and working chrono go for noob... best is franken noob with arf bezel

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
If you want full working chronograph and all functions like gen then go for noob... if you dont need chronograph and you want more gen-like look and feel then go for arf,but you must know that you need watchsmith to remove useles deco plate and replace rotor for havier one...why? Because you have glued screews and jewels on deco plate that can fall in the movement and cause problems,and light rotor cant auto wind well,you will need to manual wind it every few days but with new 7750 rotor it wind very well and no need to manual wind

How much should it cost to remove the Deco Plate and replace the rotor with a heavier one?

Cost of labor and materials. Ordered mine through BK and have heard great things. Hoping this is something he would be able to do before I receive the watch.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
How much should it cost to remove the Deco Plate and replace the rotor with a heavier one?

Cost of labor and materials. Ordered mine through BK and have heard great things. Hoping this is something he would be able to do before I receive the watch.

around $50 should be the expense mate:)

Bobi01

2/2/19

It cost me around 40-50 dolars,my watchsmith did all job...

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
around $50 should be the expense mate:)

I plan on wearing my ARF DAYTONA daily as soon as I receive it. Will I have any issues with the auto winding? Will I need to constantly mannually wind it each day?

Hopefully :(