• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
gold plating does fall off over the time. it can last 1-3 years depending on how well you take care of the material.

This is brand new.. literally received in the mail yesterday. :\
I'm 99.9% certain it's not wear & tear.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I've seen other forum posts on RWI recommending microfiber cloths.. strange.
What's the issue with a microfiber?

microfiber leaves tiny scratches in SS material. It feels really good when you polish the bracelet but when you do it every day, you will see it soon. Just hairline scratches. I learned my lesson

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: sniffti and Bobi01

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I've seen other forum posts on RWI recommending microfiber cloths.. strange.
What's the issue with a microfiber?

Due to the relatively high degree of hardness of the material polyester, there is a risk of micro-abrasion during long-term use in some applications. Plastic glasses cleaning with microfiber cloths are irreparably damaged......

check wiki....

Reactions: sniffti and Bobi01

rpsmithbarney

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/19
CONUS
I have just received the most recent Noob Daytona (Ice blue dial / brown ceramic bezel) with the fully functioning 4130 clone movement. In appearance terms the watch looks outstanding in all respects. Other than the weight issue, on the wrist the watch feels about 95% of the original (which I also own) Sadly, I had to return the watch to my TD as the movement failed the first day. Essentially the watch would only work when the stopwatch function was activated. Once the reset button had been pressed the watch would stop when the small second had had rotated to the 35 second mark. Currently the watch is on its way back to my TD for repair or replacement.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I heard you should be able to remove tiny scrathes with a cape cod cloth fairly easy. Personally I use a cotton wheel with green polishing compound on my dremel. It works wonders on a polished case as well.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Guru,i have tiny scratches too on my watch,i use microfiber cloth lol...
so best choice is 100% of cotton?

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
Due to the relatively high degree of hardness of the material polyester, there is a risk of micro-abrasion during long-term use in some applications. Plastic glasses cleaning with microfiber cloths are irreparably damaged......

check wiki....

Thanks for the information. I thought watch cleaning clothes were polishing clothes though?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Arf V2 ;-)
46cb13fe816bef1d9a848005657d662c.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
And bracelet v1 and v2 are not same from arf..clasp is upgraded and not sure for links and SEL

kopite81

2/12/18
My ARF bracelet doesn't look any different from the one that came with my noob

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
My ARF bracelet doesn't look any different from the one that came with my noob

That sounds odd. Everyone seems to say the clasp is much better looking on the ARF. I also saw a comparison that clearly showed the ARF clasp is better looking. I dunno why yours would look the same. But then again you never know what weird things the factories do sometimes.

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville
AFAIK you cannot fit the ARF bracelet on the Noob. But the ARF clasp will fit the Noob bracelet.

Thanks xartan for your reply on both threads. :) However, it seems possible to fit the ARF SELs onto the noob.

Perhaps kopite81 could share his experience regarding his ARD bracelet?

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Thanks xartan for your reply on both threads. :) However, it seems possible to fit the ARF SELs onto the noob.

Perhaps kopite81 could share his experience regarding his ARD bracelet?

That sounds great if it actually works. It would be nice if it works and looks right. I’d like to see some pics and hear how he made it fit if he had to do anything special. It’s the first time I hear someone made it fit.

Last edited:

Albertonanana

9/1/17
Sorry for the silly question: does anybody knows if any TD has a JF Daytona A23J caseback?
Or if anyone has it let me know!
Thank you guys!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI