Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

It's raffle time! Get your tickets today!CLICK HERE
See more
See less

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tschacko View Post

Offtopic, although you are using picr.me
    I never see your pictures on Tapatalk.

Comment

I think there is a problem with the standard image function of the forum with tapatalk... for the future I will use BB code...

Comment

Originally posted by markfisher View Post

Thanks Man ! I always appreciate your pics ! Now it works

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenix View Post
          scorpioneinter

My thoughts below:

Noob base watch
          Casework to shave lugs
          Arf Bezel
          Arf Dial
          Arf clasp (I think you can get away with using the NOOB bracelet, but invert the SELs from 6->12 and vice versa, then use the ARF clasp)
          ​​​​​​​Arf Crystal (requires a trim of the gasket)
          Double check timekeeping, power reserve and a light oil.
          Whats the thing with inverting the SELs ? Does it fit better ?

Comment

guru mentioned that it fit better. It may not be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenix View Post
              guru mentioned that it fit better. It may not be necessary.
              If it fits from the beginning, then no need for it. Because of the tolerance it could be that it fits better on the other side.

I have 4 noob Daytonas, so I had 32 chances to get good SEL fit and it worked out. I am happy with the SEL on all 4 watches.

Sent from iX

sigpic

Comment

The bracelet seems to have gaps on the first link. Is this normal?

https://imgur.com/m4sPqRY
                https://imgur.com/GRjFMUf
                https://imgur.com/OkWi8aI

Comment

On my recently received noob, the terrible SEL's had an interesting cause for their poor fitment.

The center portion of the SEL springbar hole measured measured at 1.77mm while the outer two parts of the SEL measure out at 2.1mm. So one of the 1.75mm spring bar had bent causing a gap between SEL and case. The other springbar hadn't bent, but the flex the 2mm side holes allowed to the 1.75 springbar made for a SEL gap when ever any tension was applied to the watch bracelet.

I drilled out the center part of the SEL to match the larger outer parts. I then used a diamond bit to very, very slightly open case lug holes and installed the larger 2mm Submariner springs bars. The SELS now fit almost perfectly up against the case.

*Edit* I forgot to add that opening up the case lug holes to fit the slightly larger Sub springbars also gave the opportunity to correct any issue with the springbars lug hole alignment.
                  Last edited by JacksonLee; 12-01-19, 19:25. Reason: Added missed piece of info.

Comment

QC Noob Daytona 904L.......counters are orrible!!! I will change with ARF V2!

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonLee View Post
                      On my recently received noob, the terrible SEL's had an interesting cause for their poor fitment.

The center portion of the SEL springbar hole measured measured at 1.77mm while the outer two parts of the SEL measure out at 2.1mm. So one of the 1.75mm spring bar had bent causing a gap between SEL and case. The other springbar hadn't bent, but the flex the 2mm side holes allowed to the 1.75 springbar made for a SEL gap when ever any tension was applied to the watch bracelet.

I drilled out the center part of the SEL to match the larger outer parts. I then used a diamond bit to very, very slightly open case lug holes and installed the larger 2mm Submariner springs bars. The SELS now fit almost perfectly up against the case.

*Edit* I forgot to add that opening up the case lug holes to fit the slightly larger Sub springbars also gave the opportunity to correct any issue with the springbars lug hole alignment.
                      I had a bad SEL fitment on my Spectre and changing the spring bar out with a bigger one solved the misalignment problem. So not necessarily a bad thing just poor quality spring bars. Easily resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco1937 View Post

Apart from the fat sub-dial which is obvious in this pic, what's wrong with the counter? The alignment seems alright. A few people post ARF with bad bezel misalignment. The 120 marker was off to one side of the 6 hour marker. This one looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco1937 View Post

Not sure why anyone would pick an ARF over a Noob

After owning both, the noob is hands down better in every way other than the dial and bezel, but on the wrist there is not much even in dial and bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alexccmeister View Post

Apart from the fat sub-dial which is obvious in this pic, what's wrong with the counter? The alignment seems alright. A few people post ARF with bad bezel misalignment. The 120 marker was off to one side of the 6 hour marker. This one looks good.
                            This watch it's ok for franken and stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Princewilliam View Post

Not sure why anyone would pick an ARF over a Noob

After owning both, the noob is hands down better in every way other than the dial and bezel, but on the wrist there is not much even in dial and bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              with this dial the watch can not be worn. It is seen that it is a fake 10 meters away

Comment

How is the weight of the ARF and the Noob bracelet compared to the gen Daytona bracelet?

Comment

Working...
                                X