• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Original Noob 116500 SA4130 (v2) on the left - ARF Dial and Bezel on the right. It's pretty damn close to the naked eye seeing them side by side without zoomed to hell. Either way the goods are off to to get the mods done and have them back in a few weeks.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Original Noob 116500 SA4130 (v2) on the left - ARF Dial and Bezel on the right. It's pretty damn close to the naked eye seeing them side by side without zoomed to hell. Either way the goods are off to to get the mods done and have them back in a few weeks.

3sPfa.md.jpg

Agree, on the white dial ceramic they are pretty close. ARF is better though especially the bezel.

From pics and from what others say the ARF white dial has a slight off white hue to it. Do you see that IRL? It's quite apparent in a pic I posted above (not my watch).

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Agree, on the white dial ceramic they are pretty close. ARF is better though especially the bezel.

From pics and from what others say the ARF white dial has a slight off white hue to it. Do you see that IRL? It's quite apparent in a pic I posted above (not my watch).

The bezel was actually more of a noticeable change/improvement in the ARF than the dial. I was actually thinking I would be less impressed with the bezel swap but pleasantly surprised =)

Reactions: jcher and KJ2020

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
The bezel was actually more of a noticeable change/improvement in the ARF than the dial. I was actually thinking I would be less impressed with the bezel swap but pleasantly surprised =)

The bezel indeed looks real good ! Was it difficult to source ?

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15

I ordered an ARF to mod my Noob and when it arrived the first thing I noticed was the dial is a totally different colour. The Art dial is quite creamy. I much prefer the colour of the Noob dial, which is frustrating. I received another Noob and Arf from a friend also for mods and it's the same. To me it stands out way more than the subs/bezel...

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
I ordered an ARF to mod my Noob and when it arrived the first thing I noticed was the dial is a totally different colour. The Art dial is quite creamy. I much prefer the colour of the Noob dial, which is frustrating. I received another Noob and Arf from a friend also for mods and it's the same. To me it stands out way more than the subs/bezel...

Apply a wax traitement on it, and will be white has gen is, what my watchmaker did on it, and result is stunning, no more creamy white but pure shiny white

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Digital.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
Apply a wax traitement on it, and will be white has gen is, what my watchmaker did on it, and result is stunning, no more creamy white but pure shiny white

Please tell me more about this wax treatment sir

jb3

17/4/17
USA
The bezel indeed looks real good ! Was it difficult to source ?

Was very easy to source - Puretime was able to get both the bezel and the dial within a few days. I am sure other TD's can do the same if you have a TD preference just reach out to them.

Reactions: vcappp

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

Indeed, I was also offered a wax treatment on the ARF dial to get to the gen color :) Great result on yours Micasol

Reactions: Micasol

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
I think ARF has the white dial Color about right, bright white would be too much, considering the Color of a gen white dial is actually ivory......

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
Nope gen 116500 is not ivory it’s shiny white, noob stock color is same as gen, arf with wax traitement same, but agreed that Arf stock haven’t the good white, here’s my gen 116500
3c6b82ba1e821dec393c37c659b03c49.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and jcher

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18

Wow, that sounds interesting. Never heard of waxing the dial before. Do you have any comparison pictures? I saw some pictures of shotgun where he had a gen next to an ARF. The dial looked quite spot on.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Nope gen 116500 is not ivory it’s shiny white, noob stock color is same as gen, arf with wax traitement same, but agreed that Arf stock haven’t the good white, here’s my gen 116500
3c6b82ba1e821dec393c37c659b03c49.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Have you taken side by side pictures, if yes could you share :)?

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
I am thinking wether to change the dial because I got a new noob dial with thin subdials. The so-called V2 everyone is talking about. Only the O in Rolex is crap. What do you think?

fab288eaff010b81aa416422411883dc.jpg

Reactions: jcher

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
I am thinking wether to change the dial because I got a new noob dial with thin subdials. The so-called V2 everyone is talking about. Only the O in Rolex is crap. What do you think?

fab288eaff010b81aa416422411883dc.jpg

They don’t look thin

Reactions: seisohai

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
They don’t look thin

I think they based the dial on the 2018 model where the subdials are a shade thicker. Even so noob is still too thick.

Having seen a 2019 panda in the flesh, they've gone back to slimmer subdials again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Digital.