• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

Rathfus

Horology Curious
18/1/19
What has been people's experiences with the accuracy of the Noob V2 4130 movement?
Is it generally within a few seconds a day?
If it comes and is way off (like a minute a day or more) is this something that is reasonably fixable by a watchsmith?

Wildcatfan

13/2/18
One for the experienced workers here. BP Daytonas:

http://www.tb88.pw/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_214&product_id=2314

I've found my dream daytona for sale from Toro Bravo - yellow gold case, white dial, leather strap.

I know it's expensive but c'est la vie. I would be really interested in people's thoughts on the "likely" quality of gold, the movement and how gen looking it is?

It's gold plated or wrapped which means there's almost no gold of any amount in the watch. It's a 7750 movement which means only one of the subdials actually works. As far as I know the ARF version or Noob version are the most popular and accurate. The Noob version with the SA4130 has a fully functioning chrono.

Adrenix

5/12/18
It's gold plated or wrapped which means there's almost no gold of any amount in the watch. It's a 7750 movement which means only one of the subdials actually works. As far as I know the ARF version or Noob version are the most popular and accurate. The Noob version with the SA4130 has a fully functioning chrono.

Thanks WCF.

I've done all the reading of all the Arf/Noob threads, so I like to think that I know everything there is to know aesthetically speaking about Noob and ARF but the sad honest truth is that gold one linked above is my dream watch.

I am currently saving for a Noob 116500 to build with ARF parts, so I know about the subdials issue which I would wear as a sort of daily.

I think if I bought the above, I know that it is not solid gold and appreciate it would need to be looked after. I'd also be quite happy with frozen Chrono dials .I guess it would be a smart/ best watch only until I saved the £15K for the gen!

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
What has been people's experiences with the accuracy of the Noob V2 4130 movement?
If it comes and is way off (like a minute a day or more) is this something that is reasonably fixable by a watchsmith?
When I first got mine it averaged about -4 seconds a day. After simple regulation it's been averaging ~+2.5 spd consistently. It's fairly straight forward regulation for any watchmaker to perform.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rathfus

Colt Seavers

Known Member
14/5/17

Mine, without being regulated, is around 10 seconds a day, roughly. But it only gets worked into my rotation once a week or so, so this is fine. The movement overall has been stellar.

Reactions: Rathfus

davidcfowler01

Horology Curious
4/11/15
Does anyone know of any dealers that have the noob v2 in stock, white face, ceramic dial, steel strap? I can only find the arf v2 of noob v1! Thank you.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It is Chinese New Year currently, you're better off waiting a month.

The dealers don't tend to keep stock btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nomana

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
When I first got mine it averaged about -4 seconds a day. After simple regulation it's been averaging ~+2.5 spd consistently. It's fairly straight forward regulation for any watchmaker to perform.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Mines has a variance of 20s or so per day depending on position of the watch; Worn, face down, dial up..etc. my watchmaker has regulated, but has anyone had the watch 'adjusted'?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Simply stunning ! On the wrist the fat sub dial are actually ok !

ONvMU.jpg

ONpqD.jpg

Bemma19

Horology Curious
3/1/19

Just received my noob 4130...I just gotta say I could not be happier with the watch. For those on the fence between this and the ARF, I honestly would not let some of the points on this forum deter you from a Noob. Yes, it may not be perfect. Yes the subdials may be slightly thick but overall its a really impressive watch. I admit, I have never held a gen daytona 115600...but neither has 98% of the worlds population. Perhaps, if you had them both to compare side by side there would be glaring differences. Even then, we are talking about 10ths of millimeters here. I respect the opinions of those on the forum regarding the downsides of the noob, and i considered an ARF because of them. Now that I have the noob, I would venture to say that unless you are are rep hobbyist in search of the perfect rep, the Noob will be a watch that you would feel very comfortable wearing out in the wild without fear of being called out. I have a gen GMT Master II, and as far as the fit and finish and overall feel of the noob is concerned as compared to my GMT, Im very impressed.

kyo86sg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/16
My gen 2 tone
f059942898f2f67f58f167dad8f7d987.jpg
6eb3389a14d3eb0c6ad16baeb35c87ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharing my gen 2 tone as well.
Picked this up recently @ USD $10,500. A steal I would say given the current daytona prices now. I am wearing this casually with t-shirt, shorts and slippers and I notice I would get attention from people around me. (I am in my earlier 30s)

25112337.jpg

25112344.jpg

zoORyHFl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Sharing my gen 2 tone as well.
Picked this up recently @ USD $10,500. A steal I would say given the current daytona prices now. I am wearing this casually with t-shirt, shorts and slippers and I notice I would get attention from people around me. (I am in my earlier 30s)

25112337.jpg

25112344.jpg

zoORyHFl.jpg

Too much bling... :)