• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
bettoban unfortunately puretime and ryan both said that can’t get the arf dials. can you post a picture of this once completed?

mine just came in, looks like you are too late or asked the wrong dealer

ed6bdcc0c8595b6447876e4b839759f6.jpg

Sent from iX

Reactions: Kitosarg

p.schwabe.2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/16
According to the informations chazingtime gave me ARF doesn't want to sell parts currently, so will be impossible to get right now an ARF bezel. I'm trying to find an aftermarket bezel, but i can't find nothing better than the noob's one. Do you guys had found any good alternative?

I see at yukis site,he sell ceramic daytona bezels and a few dealers on ebay too

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Doc brown

1/11/17
Just a quick comparison. Noob is still more accurate than Yuki. Look at the triangle at 200. Where it sits. On the Gen and Noob it sits to the right. On the Yuki it is in the centre.

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
guru bettoban lucky guys. once you get it installed can you let me know how easy or hard it was? i’ve read varying responses from cutting feet, to resoldering feet based on the arf being positioned for an eta, to glue. would like to hear it first hand from the guys with the dials. thanks!

Reactions: KJ2020 and Kitosarg

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
ahhh...sorry moment of stupidity. i realize now the dial feet need to be cut off completely and either new feet soldered on, or light glue to the movement. excuse my ignorance!

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
V2 ARF 116500 is supposedly:

- a new case (I think a bit more rounded on the bottom outer edge the lugs, not sure if that's correct or what else there might be),
- a new clasp (doesn't show in your pics)
- better hand height I think (can't tell from the pics).

The bezel on the new ARF models seems refined, but i don't hear it listed as a part of any official upgrade. I think it's likely just improved manufacturing, but that's a guess.

There's no difference in the dial at all, though some pics show a bit thicker horizontal lines on the ROLEX. I'm not sure if that's a change or just variation - it's subtle. And you REALLY have to zoom in for that.

So, having said all that, it's impossible to tell...

Kitosarg

Known Member
13/7/18
Here are some more photos, where the clasp is visible.

WIx6R.jpg

WI9Sg.jpg

WIoQa.jpg

Omg i wish ARF released this on the sa4130. Do you guys think it’s possible? Any time soon? I’m just getting started on this hobby. My question for you guys that are much more advanced than me, sorry for my bad english.
Im trying to get the noob v2 but the dealers i have spoken to say they are out of stock and dont know when they are getting the next batch. So i dont know if to wait or place an order and hope for the best.

Reactions: harmeetjollyy

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
just place the order and wait, otherwise you will not get one

Sent from iX

Doc brown

1/11/17
Omg i wish ARF released this on the sa4130. Do you guys think it’s possible? Any time soon? I’m just getting started on this hobby. My question for you guys that are much more advanced than me, sorry for my bad english.
Im trying to get the noob v2 but the dealers i have spoken to say they are out of stock and dont know when they are getting the next batch. So i dont know if to wait or place an order and hope for the best.

Your money is good in trusted dealers. In fact I dealt with a non TD from this site and the wait was 3 months but he pulled through. Patience goes a long way here not to mention you are getting a fresh baked watch straight out of a factory instead of someone else's QC reject. Also they may fix other faults that are not known to us yet. I would happily wait on those ones. It will be worth it. I'm also placing an order for the Noob V2 next week too.

Also note that if you wait for them to get stock then pay, you will be backlisted to all those others who have paid before you so better pay and order now to avoid further delay. So 2 months can turn into 3 or 4 because you have to wait in queue.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Here is a wristshot of the noob v2, I think the dial is much better then v1 and if you do not want to go the franken way, it is a really good watch for the price you pay.

aa5192cf858c8d6188bfc6b7f4683ab4.jpg

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

this watch is stunning, you already answered a question of mine in another thread, but let me ask you this, i asked Puretime for this watch from the V2 batch, and they told me that there is no V2 batch for this, only for the 116500.
now i'm scared that they could send me one from the v1 batch just to get rid of some stock, what can i do?

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
this watch is stunning, you already answered a question of mine in another thread, but let me ask you this, i asked Puretime for this watch from the V2 batch, and they told me that there is no V2 batch for this, only for the 116500.
now i'm scared that they could send me one from the v1 batch just to get rid of some stock, what can i do?

These watches sell like hot cake currently and there are considerable wait times. The chances, that you get one from the "old stock", are very very slim indeed, as they all should have already been sold (you might get offered one that someone rejected, it's on you to watch out in QC). The watches all come from the factory directly, there isn't any time for the TDs to build up a stock as demand is so high.
so just watch out in QC

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The chances, that you get one from the "old stock", are very very slim indeed, as they all should have already been sold (you might get offered one that someone rejected, it's on you to watch out in QC).

i might be an unlucky one...

Doesnt convince me

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
These watches sell like hot cake currently and there are considerable wait times. The chances, that you get one from the "old stock", are very very slim indeed, as they all should have already been sold (you might get offered one that someone rejected, it's on you to watch out in QC). The watches all come from the factory directly, there isn't any time for the TDs to build up a stock as demand is so high.
so just watch out in QC

i talked with a TD and he said that they are available right away, no wait list needed, now i'm afraid that it was because they have something to get rid of, but i cannot be sure, it's just a feeling. i will definitely watch in QC, may i ask if you know the precise differnces between V1 and V2 of the white dial Daytona? i read the whole post but everyone said different things lol

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
i talked with a TD and he said that they are available right away, no wait list needed, now i'm afraid that it was because they have something to get rid of, but i cannot be sure, it's just a feeling. i will definitely watch in QC, may i ask if you know the precise differnces between V1 and V2 of the white dial Daytona? i read the whole post but everyone said different things lol

You have to be more specific. V1 versus V2 of what model? 116500 or 116520? Cuz there is no "official V2 " for the 116520, only that of the 116500. And by "ffficial," I am referring to those posted in either Puretime or Intime or Chazingtime sites. I should have used "posted" instaed of "official."

However, in context, there is a "V2" for the 116520. guru posted a picture of it. Or read page 1 of this thread for Guru's comments. This "v2" in context refers to the improvement of the first Noob run, dial-wise: printing clearer esp in the sub dials, spacing, and colors are correct, etc. Not an expert, but that's what I gathered from the several threads. Maybe guru can chime in.

Here's mine:
pjy2o.jpg

Last edited:

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany

I have been in contact with puretime a few weeks back when I placed my order and asked for availability of all noob Daytonas with sa4130 in general. They told me they are all "in stock" - which could either mean they have a couple flying around the office and you will get QC the next day or that they can get them from the factory and you might have to wait some time.
I've now been waiting 2 weeks for my 116500 and I'm hearing similar things from other people. I'm absolutely not familiar with the 116520 you are after...
and about the 116500: I don't really care about the improvements, an ARF dial and bezel is going on it straight away once it reaches me.
subdials are still too fat on the noob, which hasn't been fixed and is the easiest tell on the ceramic...

Reactions: vcappp

Doc brown

1/11/17
I have been in contact with puretime a few weeks back when I placed my order and asked for availability of all noob Daytonas with sa4130 in general. They told me they are all "in stock" - which could either mean they have a couple flying around the office and you will get QC the next day or that they can get them from the factory and you might have to wait some time.
I've now been waiting 2 weeks for my 116500 and I'm hearing similar things from other people. I'm absolutely not familiar with the 116520 you are after...
and about the 116500: I don't really care about the improvements, an ARF dial and bezel is going on it straight away once it reaches me.
subdials are still too fat on the noob, which hasn't been fixed and is the easiest tell on the ceramic...

Just placed an order with Toro (116500 Panda) who says he has stock. Paid him today. Let's see.

Reactions: KJ2020