• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help authenticating

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Rolex fans, please offer me some assistance. I know very little about Rolies, but I need to authenticate this please. The following photograph is the one and only image that I am likely to get. It was a printed hard copy image that was scanned to a pdf that I have now copied back to digital to upload here. The quality is crap, as the original printing seems to have been a deskjet to paper. Any help would be great

Rolex.png

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's going to be pretty much impossible to say with any degree of certainty using that pic. Date looks crisp, coronet is straight, end link fit looks good, indices are all aligned correctly, bezel is crisply machined.

It may well be gen, but I wouldn't buy based on this pic.

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
It's going to be pretty much impossible to say with any degree of certainty using that pic. Date looks crisp, coronet is straight, end link fit looks good, indices are all aligned correctly, bezel is crisply machined.

It may well be gen, but I wouldn't buy based on this pic.

Cheers Trip, totally appreciated. It's a work scenario, the owner of the alleged gen has lied to his official receivers about his assets, and has about £125,000 worth of valuable jewellery, including this watch, which he failed to disclose when made bankrupt. It's going to be fun bringing him in on charges of fraud

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
If that's the case, and you know it, it may very well be gen. But like said, I'd rather see it in person and feel it before I bought it. And it's tuff w that pic, but man if you can get that for a great deal due to the circumstances?! That would be cool. Just be cautious.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Cheers Trip, totally appreciated. It's a work scenario, the owner of the alleged gen has lied to his official receivers about his assets, and has about £125,000 worth of valuable jewellery, including this watch, which he failed to disclose when made bankrupt. It's going to be fun bringing him in on charges of fraud

If that's the case, in all likely hood it's gen.