• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

grand-unveiling2 out of 3 of my -ultimate mods for the rolex community

DannyTheDoberman

Renowned Member
17/11/16
U.K
Smoke, you shouldn’t doubt your work so much. It’s not that bad.

Joking aside, well done. A serious game changer!

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
All pics and thread were deleted. To view my thread to to the XXXX link the hater tom rep is trying to defend his inferior mod and digging mine ha ha ha lol.anyway guys thanks for the response.this is legit the ym insert looks sick .when I get a gen soon you will see they are identical finishes.thw guy is trying to say that the Rehaut engraving is not aligned and the rwi is not centred ha ha ha.this is a demo watch showing the mod .no1 gives afuk if the dial is aligned or not in the watch this is a sample only to show u guys oh but the finsh looks rough him amd his freind says ha ha ha the gen is identicl to this finish and the pics were taking in such lighting to show the finish.otherwise it would look smooth and Tom my only competition .I mean non competition would sat it looks too smooth.i called his mod out saying it's ok but mine is better .I'm super confidant to say that .facts are facts.smh

so enough talk about the non competition

and move on :)

There's no RG link anymore. I fixed your pics and edited the first post. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mbrute

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/18
Wow might have to get a YM just for the sake of this bezel

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
QueTip your a machine bro thanks man. Ill be posting lots more pics of these mods in different lighting

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Looks like the usual bezel covered in sparkly paint to me , which also seems to have spread on to the numbers and the crystal ??? I know it will be against popular opinion , but looks amateurish . Perhaps it is poor photography? I' m not a hater , but perhaps you should employ ' a really talented photographer ' because I don't see what is great about it ?

Last edited:

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Dude..holy FUCK did you nail that sub mod! I just looked up the YM in my dealer book and GOD DAMN, you nailed that too! Broo!!!!!

Do ALL of the gen hulks have the BB clasp? A jeweler can bead blast?! What a dope thread smoke! Jesus.

It took me so long to check the thread out because I thought it was an old thread! Awesome to see some fresh stuff. That

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Regardless of who has a better bezel ultimately time will tell.

Im just thankful that there are people like Smoke and Tom who will offer this service and push the boundaries - I'm pretty sure neither of them are trying to make a living off their work at the prices they charge and it's alot better than spending 1000Euro on a gen insert :).

So thanks both.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
smoke Congratulations!
You have cemented your invaluable service stature in this community. Take a bow, Smoke.
You got PM, buddy.

dhistory

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/17
Nice!!! I’m looking forward to seeing the Sub bezel mounted.

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
I will definately consider buying a YM now. Good work!

machim

19/7/17
Congratz. It would help ARF YM sell now. Ordering claps

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
goddamn it smoke

Start your own company like BK's. Ill send you 200k right now!

Shut up and take my money!

You may be cause that some factories and dealers go bankrupt soon haha!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Also do all gen hulks have the black paint in logo on clasp? Man that looks TOO good! Jeeeez

Yes all reps should have the black clasp logo and sand blasted finish. Because all reps are replication of 2010 to 2015 gens

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
smoke hey man, congrats on your mods. I think it is cool that dudes are trying stuff out and wanting to make their reps better. I like the mod that you did to the clasp, I also like the YM bezel. What I think is not cool though, is calling out another modder. If you are so confident in your mods, why not let the work speak for itself? I have not seen one of your inserts in person, so I will not comment based on pics, but I have seen one from Tom, and one from another modder on here that was actually plated in real platinum. I installed an insert that Tom refinished on a YM from a member on here, and what I can say is that his work is VERY clean and extremely well done. The finish was even, the polishing was very crisp, there was no bleed of texture from the blasted area onto the numbers or vice versa. Was it gen like? I dont know, but it looked damn good. The one I thought looked most gen like was the one that was actually plated in real platinum. The color is different.

I'd love to see what you do with the ceramic inserts - painting them is a bitch, so if you come up with something better, I would be all over it and probably buy a bunch from you to offer to my customers as well, especially if you could do a batman or a good hulk insert.

Anyway, congrats man, its cool that you are trying to figure out new solutions for the community. It would be cool though if you could let your work speak for itself, and not feel the need to trash another modder. Just seems kinda douchey.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I've had toms ym bezels in hand plenty of times as I run a triangle shipping service.so I have compared his to gen and it was too gold and I could see that without comparing it.the numbers were not flat either so he didn't mod the numbers .maybe I should not have mention him but what I did say about him was acually respectful as he was the first to try the ym mod amd I acknowledge that in my post .but this is next gen.saying my mod is better which it is ,May have been hella arrogant. But I'm confident this mod the most gen like.plus if I get negative comments I know he has sent trolls over here And neg comments don't bother me.plus healty competition will push him to work harder and improve but anyway I'm not going to start a massive war it's pointless we can all run and make mods.he can stick to his work and I'll stick to mine .same goes to all others modders .it's all competitive and to be the best one must innovate push boundarys take shit to the next level.

as for the ceramic platinum that will be the best around aswell us I will be supplying the inserts allready modded in custom listers .And the prices will be cheaper than everyone else.
enough talking from me.more pics coming soon

Last edited: