• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest NOOB Daytona batch

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Here is a pic of my franken and the rep. I would say it is the best dial they have released, fonds are way off but at least the subdials are ok and match the gen

90e5dd0edeee7fe7c15170fa279d4074.jpg

Sent from iX

Stunning! Wear it in good health.
May I ask where you ordered it from?

Sent from the RWI App

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
what I wonder why is the absence of a 904L case... why start a new project with the new movement with this "old" case...
for me is not vital to have 904L steel, but is so strange to not use it with the new movement to making a brand new reference watch.
Anyway, I think I'll pull the trigger on the 16520 white (all my other watches have a black dial) and wait to franken it in the future...

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
what I wonder why is the absence of a 904L case... why start a new project with the new movement with this "old" case...
for me is not vital to have 904L steel, but is so strange to not use it with the new movement to making a brand new reference watch.
Anyway, I think I'll pull the trigger on the 16520 white (all my other watches have a black dial) and wait to franken it in the future...

Marketing plan. If I were they I would do the same.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18

904L steel is harder to work with than 316L. It makes sense that they'd try to get the case, lugs, SEL, etc right with a material they're used to before moving on to anything else. Similar to how tech companies operate, this way they essentially have a bunch of early-adopter beta-testers out there (ie, us) who provide feedback before they move on to materials where rejects are more costly.

Plus, from a purely marketing point of view, the watches with the new clone movement are expensive enough (comparatively) without adding the additional cost (with debatable benefits) of 904L steel. Better to get buyers used to the higher cost now, and a price hike for 904L will be more palatable later.

Reactions: hibee999 and KJ2020

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I just received my 116520, pics coming soon! the only thing is that i find the bracelet to be a bit "flimsy" for comparison i have a JF daytona (7750 movement) and the bracelet feels much more solid and "heavy" as if it is a whole piece.
the watch is stunning, but i can't get over the creaks of the bracelet, will a baby johnson oil bath help?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
the watch is stunning, but i can't get over the creaks of the bracelet, will a baby johnson oil bath help?

Yes, I use WD40 for 2 days and then 2 days baby oil. Feels like gen after the treatment

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
guru , I am so glad I followed your lead. I must say this SA4130 is crazy accurate! Wish I had a timegrapher around cuz this looks silly accurate. I received my Noob 116520 last September 7, and set it to my local time. Today, Sep 14, it is keeping time, just a shy couple of seconds (hard to be that accurate when the seconds hand at 6 are tiny, he he) faster/slower. Not PER DAY, but a couple of seconds faster/slower after 7 days!

Gentlemen, I dare say this Noob 116520 is worth every penny DESPITE its flaws. I bought this as my little way to salute Noob's effort in improving movement performance.

Buy it for the movement! The gen bezel and dial --- that's for another day. I am enjoying mine stock. See picture below compared to the time in the MacBook behind.

vhpLR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
I respectfully disagree. WD40 doesn't remove Sharp edges. You really need to bring it to a watchsmith who can round out the bracelet edges to make it smoother.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Doc brown

1/11/17
guru , I am so glad I followed your lead. I must say this SA4130 is crazy accurate! Wish I had a timegrapher around cuz this looks silly accurate. I received my Noob 116520 last September 7, and set it to my local time. Today, Sep 14, it is keeping time, just a shy couple of seconds (hard to be that accurate when the seconds hand at 6 are tiny, he he) faster/slower. Not PER DAY, but a couple of seconds faster/slower after 7 days!

Gentlemen, I dare say this Noob 116520 is worth every penny DESPITE its flaws. I bought this as my little way to salute Noob's effort in improving movement performance.

Buy it for the movement! The gen bezel and dial --- that's for another day. I am enjoying mine stock. See picture below compared to the time in the MacBook behind.

vhpLR.jpg

Agreed in every respect.

Reactions: DD60

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I respectfully disagree. WD40 doesn't remove Sharp edges. You really need to bring it to a watchsmith who can round out the bracelet edges to make it smoother.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I can live with your comment, it always worked for me. Never heard about that a watchsmith will round out the edges to make it smoother.

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
I can live with your comment, it always worked for me. Never heard about that a watchsmith will round out the edges to make it smoother.

SO do you give it a bath in WD40 just as you would with Baby Oil?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Ok, here again.....

I put the bracelet in a small plastic bag and cover the bracelet with WD40. I let it sit in there for 2 days and move the the bracelet in the WD40 once in a while. After 2 days I take it out and clean it with water and soap. Then the same with baby oil. It will fell much better without any sharp corners,

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Haha, thanks for the explanation, just so I'm clear you are spraying the bracelet with wd40 and putting it in a bag or you are drenching it in wd40 and subsequently baby oil?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Haha, thanks for the explanation, just so I'm clear you are spraying the bracelet with wd40 and putting it in a bag or you are drenching it in wd40 and subsequently baby oil?

Thanks!

Dude, guru has stated his process clearly. Why is it so difficult for you to understand?

guru said:
"Ok, here again.....

"I put the bracelet in a small plastic bag and cover the bracelet with WD40. I let it sit in there for 2 days and move the the bracelet in the WD40 once in a while. After 2 days I take it out and clean it with water and soap. Then the same with baby oil. It will fell much better without any sharp corners,"

1. Place the bracelet into the bag and spray the wd40 into the bag so that it completely covers the bracelet. Seal the bag.

2. Let the bracelet soak in the wd40 in the bag for 2 days. While the bracelet is in the bag and soaking occasionally move the bracelet around to help the oil dial into the bracelet.

3. After 2 days, remove the bracelet from the bag and Wash the bracelet using Soap and water.

4. Then, place the bracelet into a bag and cover it with baby oil. Let the bracelet soak in the bag, in the baby oil for 2 more days.

5. At the end of 2 days, remove the bracelet and Wash it with Soap and Water.
* I'm not sure what type of soap guru uses, but I use 'Dawn' dish liquid and luke warm water to wash the bracelet after the treatment.
Hope this helps to clarify.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

Thanks!

Order a $30 ultrasonic cleaner for jewelry. Wash it in there for ten minutes with warm fluid. Let dry. Secure screws with loctite if wish to. Put bracelet on watch and be happy.

After 12 weeks it might need another clean, depends on wear. In the summer when you sweat that builds up fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opirata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
That spacing on the “rolex” tho...
Still awful.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI