• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Grand Noob Super Clone 4130 Servicing Competition

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Maybe because there is no more world cup excitement, I need another competition. Somebody recently sent me a dead Noob Daytona 4130 watch for servicing. Here are my timegraph results after my painstaking meticulous service. Let's start a competition. Other modders and watchmakers can post their own best results. Conclusion for non-watchmakers: the Noob 4130 responds well to servicing, and a good service can achieve top results. Challenge to other watchmakers: try to top this. :bleh:
ds8HaFr.jpg

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
If we or the factory that designed it were called upon to find a mathematical formula for the maximum amplitude of this super clone 4130 movement, we would have to integrate the geometry and lack of screws on the balance wheel into it. This is why clone movements are so exciting: they are in uncharted territories of service documentation. :stuvetjee:

Reactions: tosoboso and Ralphy

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I should have made photos of it while servicing, sorry, next time, if people are interested in that sort of thing.

Reactions: BruceLee55

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I agree, best movement I ever had. It is running about + 5 sec a week with a power reserve of 82 h. This since 3 month now.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
82h a week is ridiculous. I need one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
It truly is amazing. While it will always suffer from poor QC/errors in building them, the materials and finish are immensely improved. Unlike the SH3135, the rep parts aren’t “clearly” rep.

I have gen bridges and really don’t think it’s worth it to install. Also the paint on the reversing wheels is baked on so it won’t flake off!

It’s THAT GOOD.

Reactions: guru and phdsjain

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
How much to service a Noob 4130/ and sh3132 ?

would like to install what ever parts to achieve more gen like time setting (tightness of gen)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
It truly is amazing. While it will always suffer from poor QC/errors in building them, the materials and finish are immensely improved. Unlike the SH3135, the rep parts aren’t “clearly” rep.

I have gen bridges and really don’t think it’s worth it to install. Also the paint on the reversing wheels is baked on so it won’t flake off!

It’s THAT GOOD.

I only can agree. Domi serviced one and he said, unbelievable

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk