• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Rolex Noob Maintenance... servicing

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/4/13
Proper service of an automatic movement should include complete disassembly, cleaning of all parts by ultrasonic or mechanical cleaning machine, inspection of all parts, replacement of mainspring or correct lubrication of mainspring and barrel, lubrication of all parts, jewels and bearings with factory recommended lubricants and application specs, regulation of the movement and sealing/testing of the case. Ask fellow forum members in your area for recommendations of rep friendly watchmakers or seek out those on the forum who do this work. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I'm also wondering if there is a source for parts, mainly a replacement bracelet? My TD told me the factories don't let any parts out.

podda87

Horology Curious
11/7/18
Melbourne Australia
let me put some context into the question/thread... so I am in the process of trying to buy a Noob Sub V8 2836 but unfortunately The TD id like to go with only has the 3135... having gone through alot of posts on this forum... a few folks question the reliability and servicability of the 3135 and recommended the 2836....

Dizzzy

Horology Curious
8/8/18
Like podda87 I am currently awaiting the delivery of my V9 Sub with the 3135 movement as opposed the to the 2836 from a TD listed here on RWI and I would like to know if it's recommended to have it serviced and pressure tested when I receive it to ensure all case entry points are sealead and gaskets seated and greased correctly movemens lubed etc as I do intend to wear this piece daily and swim, shower and basicly get wet wearing it.

Also could anyone recommend a rep friendly watchmaker in the North West area?

Thanks

Reactions: Mr. Horology

Mr. Horology

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Proper service of an automatic movement should include complete disassembly, cleaning of all parts by ultrasonic or mechanical cleaning machine, inspection of all parts, replacement of mainspring or correct lubrication of mainspring and barrel, lubrication of all parts, jewels and bearings with factory recommended lubricants and application specs, regulation of the movement and sealing/testing of the case. Ask fellow forum members in your area for recommendations of rep friendly watchmakers or seek out those on the forum who do this work. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

approximately how much would it cost to service a brand new noob v7 no-date sub with a SA3130 movement?

Mr. Horology

Horology Curious
12/8/18
Like podda87 I am currently awaiting the delivery of my V9 Sub with the 3135 movement as opposed the to the 2836 from a TD listed here on RWI and I would like to know if it's recommended to have it serviced and pressure tested when I receive it to ensure all case entry points are sealead and gaskets seated and greased correctly movemens lubed etc as I do intend to wear this piece daily and swim, shower and basicly get wet wearing it.

Also could anyone recommend a rep friendly watchmaker in the North West area?

Thanks

im in the same situation just with a no-date sub

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Cdenim Did a great service on my first SA3135.
It was priced very fair and the watch came back great!

His turn around time was like a week or less.

Good luck

Reactions: Dizzzy

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
27/7/15
I’ve used BLK.W.EXPRESS for a few things, no servicing yet but he was really helpful, quick turnaround and price was very reasonable. He seems to be a good option finally for Australians

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dizzzy

Horology Curious
8/8/18
I have what I believed prior to purchase to be a sub v9 3135. After ordering I heard only two TD actually stock it so I'm not really sure how to distinguish. Anyway does anyone know of anyone willing to service, spar parts etc in the North West of England area?

Any info is much appreciated guys