• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Daytonas now in Full Gold!

dogrough

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/12
Gold?.I like how they are moving from 'Wrapped' because people are getting wise to that BS. The name wrapped is meaningless & already been proved that wrapped has zero gold content. So back to plated then?. How long would 18ct gold plate last, because of course it will be that thick. These guys produce 'fake' watches, wake up. Until some one proves there is any gold content i would take any gold claim with a huge pinch of salt, gold color, maybe.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I'd love an all gold daytona again (I used to have one with white dial but sold it when I ran into money trouble) but I wish they could come up with a way to make the weight right. Maybe lead inserts somewhere?? The recent reps that are being produced are so good I think the rep factories will come up with a fix for this issue at some point

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
The photo looks great, but does the color of the dial matches the Gen. one? Overall It still an nice GOLD DAYTONA.... :):):):):)

LarryZek

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/3/17
The photo looks great, but does the color of the dial matches the Gen. one? Overall It still an nice GOLD DAYTONA.... :):):):):)

Dial is fairly good to my eyes
Have not had them side by side though

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Personally dislike the green dial, but holy crap LarryZek does that thing look like magic on your wrist. Does the bezel look identical to gen? Seems the font is off, but it can only be because I am seeing the watch from far away. Enjoy!

LarryZek

Banned
1/3/17
Personally dislike the green dial, but holy crap LarryZek does that thing look like magic on your wrist. Does the bezel look identical to gen? Seems the font is off, but it can only be because I am seeing the watch from far away. Enjoy!

Personally love green dials.
Hulk is my favorite Rolex by far. Thats why its the one I bought a gen of.
The front on the daytona bezel may be a bit off. Overall amazing watch and ARF killed it.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Also like the green dials, but mainly on the hulk and the olive Daydate. Overall yours looks stunning, and is one of those watches you’re unlikely to bump into a gen, so who cares about side by side!

Reactions: LarryZek

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Personally love green dials.
Hulk is my favorite Rolex by far. Thats why its the one I bought a gen of.
The front on the daytona bezel may be a bit off. Overall amazing watch and ARF killed it.

Thanks for confirming, I am hoping they come out with the blue dial WG Daytona which has a similar bezel.

Green definitely not for everybody, but neither is black so it is nice to have options! I must say it does look stunning, and I hope you wear in good health and enjoy it to the max!

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I'd love an all gold daytona again (I used to have one with white dial but sold it when I ran into money trouble) but I wish they could come up with a way to make the weight right. Maybe lead inserts somewhere?? The recent reps that are being produced are so good I think the rep factories will come up with a fix for this issue at some point

Lead is denser than steel but nowhere close to gold. This would not get you what you need .

What would work is making the cases and bracelets out of tungsten, which is just a touch less dense than gold , but the manufacturing costs vs steel would be much higher

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Lead is denser than steel but nowhere close to gold. This would not get you what you need .
What would work is making the cases and bracelets out of tungsten, which is just a touch less dense than gold , but the manufacturing costs vs steel would be much higher

People were buying the supposedly gold 'wrapped' subs for over $1,000, so I guess there's a market for more expensive reps. If they make a rep look this good with the correct weight it may be worth it as it would still be a fraction of the gen cost. I'd be tempted for sure!!

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
People were buying the supposedly gold 'wrapped' subs for over $1,000, so I guess there's a market for more expensive reps. If they make a rep look this good with the correct weight it may be worth it as it would still be a fraction of the gen cost. I'd be tempted for sure!!

I think main issue is that while those are more expensive, they didn't require much different equipment wise so you can make some and see how they sell. Making tungsten cases and bracelets means entirely new equipment so it's a big investment

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
By the way, the ARF the back casing dosen't have the 4 dog tag right? I just saw there is another version is coming out with the 4 tags at the back of the case, but is under another factory named "WP" or what.

LarryZek

Banned
1/3/17
By the way, the ARF the back casing dosen't have the 4 dog tag right? I just saw there is another version is coming out with the 4 tags at the back of the case, but is under another factory named "WP" or what.

No markings on the back.
Same base as the steel but plated.
Not a huge deal to me as when I wear it no one can see the back.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I think main issue is that while those are more expensive, they didn't require much different equipment wise so you can make some and see how they sell. Making tungsten cases and bracelets means entirely new equipment so it's a big investment

I didn't consider that, my knowledge of metal fabrication is rudimentary at best. Hopefully some crazy rich Chinese guy decides to gamble, as I still personally think if they could get the weight right we'd all be rocking gold timepieces lol.

mikegemmill

Known Member
16/1/15
Cheshire, UK
Was never a great fan of these until I saw Jonah Hill wearing one on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, guessing his isn't an ARF though!

jonah-hill-skipped-important-meeting-to-attend-kanye-wests-wyoming-listening-party-07.jpg

LarryZek

Banned
1/3/17
Was never a great fan of these until I saw Jonah Hill wearing one on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, guessing his isn't an ARF though!

jonah-hill-skipped-important-meeting-to-attend-kanye-wests-wyoming-listening-party-07.jpg

I look like him I've been told
and I have one now. But an ARF