• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V9 2836 movement issue?

Jay15180

Horology Curious
20/12/15
Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker and recently made the jump by buying two reps from Ryan at InTime, a PAM312 and a 2836 Noob v9. The service from Ryan was excellent but now that I've had some time to play with the Noob I'm finding it has an issue setting the time. The issue is that when I am setting the time the hour hand won't advance past the 12 o'clock marker. From searching the forums it seems that this is likely due to the hour hand contacting the marker but I'm not positive that this is the case. Additionally, when I was advancing the time initially it had quite a bit of resistance at 12 and would not advance, now that I've checked it again I noticed that the minute hand continues past 12 without a problem while the hour hand bounces against the marker refusing to advance. Has anyone every had this problem before? What was the solution? also perhaps someone with more knowledge about the movement can chime in regarding whether I might have caused damaged to the movement by trying to set the time in this way.

Thank you for any help you guys can provide.

salnik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
Same problem, same watch but bought by Chazing.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

salnik

28/5/18
in this picture you notice that the minute hand has arrived at 12 but those of the hours is steady between 11 and 12 and will remain there all the time while the clock will continue to work well. Obviously (to me) it does not change the date. Jay15180, do you change the date?
ba357929aff43e84749ede941e504b90.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Jay15180

Horology Curious
20/12/15
Hmmmmm looks like it could be a batch of these that’s having the problem. When did you receive your watch? Mine came in just about three days ago. Mine seems to stick the hour hand right at the tip of the 12 market where yours seems to stick the minute hand as well.

Before noticing the issue I was able to set the date with the quickset but the date will not advance by turning it past 12. I should note however, that if you try and set it counter clockwise it won’t turn back past 12 either.

salnik

28/5/18
Hmmmmm looks like it could be a batch of these that’s having the problem. When did you receive your watch? Mine came in just about three days ago. Mine seems to stick the hour hand right at the tip of the 12 market where yours seems to stick the minute hand as well.

Before noticing the issue I was able to set the date with the quickset but the date will not advance by turning it past 12. I should note however, that if you try and set it counter clockwise it won’t turn back past 12 either.

That's right, mine has the same defect but stops 2 steps first and then stops and I'm forced to go back because it does not go forward. I think you're right, as I said, I bought the watch from Chazing and I arrived 5 days ago.

Sent from the RWI App

Jay15180

Horology Curious
20/12/15
Yup, hopefully one of the experts can chime in here. I’m awaiting a reply from Ryan so hopefully we can get some sort of fix.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
The hour hand is set too low and bumping against the bottom of the 12 oclock marker. And since you forced the minute hand your gonna need to reset all 3 hands.

Reactions: Rina1988

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/4/13
Once again yodog has it exactly right ....

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Jay15180

Horology Curious
20/12/15
I suppose that confirms what my earlier search yielded. Does anyone know if this sort of issue is likely to cause movement damage? If I were to have a watchsmith repair the watch I want to know if I should be prepared to buy a swiss eta. Hopefully it just as simple as resetting the hands and checking for clearance...

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
no movement damage, but pull the crown(so hands not move anymore) and better not use it till hands reset.

hands reset is possible DIY, but u have to do some reading and training on a cheapie is recommended, so i recommend for u a watchsmith. its a cheap fix(should be max. $50).
heads up guys. everything will be fine.

Jay15180

Horology Curious
20/12/15
no movement damage, but pull the crown(so hands not move anymore) and better not use it till hands reset.

hands reset is possible DIY, but u have to do some reading and training on a cheapie is recommended, so i recommend for u a watchsmith. its a cheap fix(should be max. $50).
heads up guys. everything will be fine.

Just the information I was looking for! thank you very much! Prior to getting the watches I found a rep friendly watchsmith who agreed to service them so I'll hopefully be able to get him to solve the problem.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: pengo

salnik

28/5/18
Hello to all, I solved the problem by taking the watch from a good watchmaker Johnny Depp who replaced the hour wheel because it was faulty. Thanks again Johnny Depp

Jay15180

Horology Curious
20/12/15
Hello to all, I solved the problem by taking the watch from a good watchmaker Johnny Depp who replaced the hour wheel because it was faulty. Thanks again Johnny Depp

Yikes, I hope I don’t have to replace parts or else I’m just going for a Swiss ETA. Btw check your PMs, I’d like to ask you about your experience with the repair.