• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The arf 126600 bezel dilemma that actually does not exist

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Hey Gang,

as some people are still arguing about the pointy bezel scallops of the arf sd50 (v2 didnt fix this), i just wanted to say that it is really not noticeable on the wrist. Actually, the gen can also look pointy in the right light.

IMHO this rep is NWBIG right out of the box and it not being on the list is quite a scandal!!!! ;)

Left rep / right gen

Collage_Maker_20180714_112934936.jpg

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I don't think there is much argument - the teeth are too sharp and pointy. Period.

Agreed that you can't really 'see' it on the wrist, but it feels sharp and nasty. It doesn't feel, right, or in balance with the rest of the watch which is perfect. I know the gen feels sharp too, but nothing like the rep does out of the box.

I put an easy tutorial on how to fix it, perfectly. But it absolutely does need fixing.

edit - you're right - that this isn't on the NWBIG list, given some of the reps that are, renders the list rather out of touch.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeValue and Itto

Hakai

11/6/18
Trust me they are indeed too sharp and it's noticable if you own oneownjust fix it with sand paper! And it's close

Reactions: shotgun

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Until dial markers, hands, bezel are fixed i dont think it will make Nwbig. I have one, its dam good give it some time and it will make it.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Until dial markers, hands, bezel are fixed i dont think it will make Nwbig. I have one, its dam good give it some time and it will make it.

I don't think anyone is saying its perfect, but if the below made the list, then this one should as well - because its better than they are. Same for the ARF sub - which is much better than the V7.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610 Noob V7
Rolex Submariner 114060 No Date B-C Noob V7

Reactions: mech500 and Itto

soni04al

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/16
Hey Gang,

as some people are still arguing about the pointy bezel scallops of the arf sd50 (v2 didnt fix this), i just wanted to say that it is really not noticeable on the wrist. Actually, the gen can also look pointy in the right light.

IMHO this rep is NWBIG right out of the box and it not being on the list is quite a scandal!!!! ;)

Left rep / right gen

Collage_Maker_20180714_112934936.jpg

I can’t see the image!!! Are I’m the only one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabbrisd

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/12
The ARF 43 positively should be on a Top List - the "pointy" bezel discussion frankly has been ad-nauseum - I did not proceed with the "fix" and in 6-8 weeks of normal wear - "playing" the bezel a bit each day - not only does the rotation settle down and get smoother - but "magically" the bezel "points" smooth out to the touch from what it "feels" like out-of-the-box. Just because with discriminating eyes there always can be "we would tweak this" - doesn't take away for like $500 out-of-the-box this is a DAMN GOOD - IF NOT BEST ROLEX STAINLESS REP