• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DH Gate Pepsi or Batman

ab1030

Horology Curious
12/7/18
Has anyone ever ordered either from DHgate? There is a posting on there for 50$ and was curious of how it really is. https://m.dhgate.com/product/luxury...atches/408365213.html#s1-2-1;searl|2062007437

0bd6e221-bcea-44e4-967a-0e67739812cd

pedroregooo

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/6/18
i ordered the GMT from there but hasnt arrived yet! i can review

Reactions: ab1030

Bford5115

Looking Around
29/8/17
I just ordered the Pepsi from the link you provided. Will post a review once received. Figured if it's no good I will just sell it to a friend for half.

Reactions: ab1030

pedroregooo

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/6/18
ill post the links l8ter, and i ordered 1 week ago

sanigene

Horology Curious
23/6/18
Heres a review of the watch to the best of my knowledge.

Bracelet:
- most obviously, its an oyster bracelet and should be a jubilee.
- overall decent construction with good brushing & polishing, solid end links and screw pins. Better than any Seiko bracelet that's for sure.
- the rolex banner on the clasp has been poorly burned in by laser.
- no glide lock system.
- includes the half link adjustment on the clasp.
- clasp and lock flap work well.

Case:
- aluminum bezel insert, not ceramic. This can be easily identified on the sellers page and user pics. The seller never claimed it was ceramic.
- dimensions are good
- dial and hands good
- screw down crown
- 24hr hand works properly
- hacking seconds hand, loud ass rotor, + 15s per day
- 60 click bezel, not the greatest action, is about half a minute off from lining up properly (super annoying)
- font on the bezel numbers is not right
- 'swiss made' at 6 oclock is missing the crown symbol
- crystal is not sapphire. I dunno what it is.
- cyrstal includes the crown etched in at 6
- cyclops mag is pretty good, I was expecting much worse
- crap lume
- polishing and brushing is good except the areas hidden by the end links which is pretty rough

I know that's a long list but I'm comparing to gen or top rep. The watch will not fool anybody who knows. That said, compared to any other brand automatic watch for $55 its awesome.

sani

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Not sure if its low expectations from people who buy on dhgate? The batman looks wierd, SEL is bad, gaps are huge and its protruding out of the case. Dont even want to get started on the insert and dial. This shows how picky the people on this forum are, the general rep buying public dont care, they just want a nice looking watch with strong lume

stolt

Known Member
3/12/06
i ve bought several and they are awful. I asked some questions on here and was told to read more so in the end took the plunge. and all i can say is the difference between a good TDs watch and a DH gate is night and day, dont stare at them too long they look ok but the minute you study it you realise they are very poor. I know its hard as you just want to get one but honestly i gave mine away to some guys at work and they thought they were great, bought my V8 GMT and it was amazing the differences and quality

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Heres a review of the watch to the best of my knowledge.

Bracelet:
- most obviously, its an oyster bracelet and should be a jubilee.
- overall decent construction with good brushing & polishing, solid end links and screw pins. Better than any Seiko bracelet that's for sure.
- the rolex banner on the clasp has been poorly burned in by laser.
- no glide lock system.
- includes the half link adjustment on the clasp.
- clasp and lock flap work well.

Case:
- aluminum bezel insert, not ceramic. This can be easily identified on the sellers page and user pics. The seller never claimed it was ceramic.
- dimensions are good
- dial and hands good
- screw down crown
- 24hr hand works properly
- hacking seconds hand, loud ass rotor, + 15s per day
- 60 click bezel, not the greatest action, is about half a minute off from lining up properly (super annoying)
- font on the bezel numbers is not right
- 'swiss made' at 6 oclock is missing the crown symbol
- crystal is not sapphire. I dunno what it is.
- cyrstal includes the crown etched in at 6
- cyclops mag is pretty good, I was expecting much worse
- crap lume
- polishing and brushing is good except the areas hidden by the end links which is pretty rough

I know that's a long list but I'm comparing to gen or top rep. The watch will not fool anybody who knows. That said, compared to any other brand automatic watch for $55 its awesome.

sani

Pictures please.

Pam297Pam299

Known Member
1/12/17
Not sure if its low expectations from people who buy on dhgate? The batman looks wierd, SEL is bad, gaps are huge and its protruding out of the case. Dont even want to get started on the insert and dial. This shows how picky the people on this forum are, the general rep buying public dont care, they just want a nice looking watch with strong lume

It is what it is, but some times you get a pleasant surprise. I have a a Black PVD(Pro Hunter) that is amazing, +3/Sec a day for under a $100, no issue other than weak lume. While my Noob Deep Sea Blue V7 running +17/Sec a day. And my ARF Sea-dweller at +20/Sec and only keep wound for less than a day. Also, I had to file and sand each bezel teeth before I can wear it.

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I've just ordered a Sub C 116610LN from DH Gate for $50, I also own a Noob V9 so it will be interesting to compare the two! I'll post some pics and do a review when/if it arrives....
The reason for the purchase is that I love my V9 but can't wear it to work coz i'm a builder and will wreck it, maybe this will fill the gap, getting bored of my speedy.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You get what you pay for. They will be shitty compared to the $300 - $400 reps.