• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

thom.son

Renowned Member
Certified
26/11/18
Wow, ARF Daytona was super bomb plus all fantastic pictures!!

kudos

18/2/14
Got mine a few weeks ago. It's currently getting an ARF dial. Such a great watch
SDvjs.jpg
That looks amazing

Btw where did you buy the Arf dial, I am looking to buy the ceramic and steel dials as well as the bezels. I think I did read that they were available from intime or Mr time but cannot find the post now

IanW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/18
Where did you get this from please... it looks awesome on your wrist sir

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
That looks amazing

Btw where did you buy the Arf dial, I am looking to buy the ceramic and steel dials as well as the bezels. I think I did read that they were available from intime or Mr time but cannot find the post now
Thank you sir. That's still stock Noob, it's not visible at a distance, but close up you notice the fat subdials. But it's not as visible as on the black dial version.

I got my parts through puretime, but any TD should be able to get it for you.

kudos

18/2/14
Thank you sir. That's still stock Noob, it's not visible at a distance, but close up you notice the fat subdials. But it's not as visible as on the black dial version.

I got my parts through puretime, but any TD should be able to get it for you.
Yes, the fat dials do not look noticeable at distant. It will look awesome with the ARF dial.

I messaged puretime about the parts, they said they can only get the dials. Have messaged intime to see if they can source all the parts for me.

Last edited:

DJTonesNY

Horology Curious
21/12/18
Beautiful piece. I am currently shopping around for a few myself. I guess I need to add Trusty to my list of TDs to consider?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
Great thread guys!!! Just purchased the 4130 noob platona, will post pics as soon as I can....
Just wondering, Rolex QC is known to be fairly poor, given pricing. Oftern SEL gaps are present, misaligned bezels, and variations between runs..... While it’s an amazing effort by many enthusiasts to fix the small errors, I’m really wishing many of you could become employed by Rolex in the QC dept....
Also, it would seem to me the control group (gens), refered to are very, very small, perhaps some of the variation seen is due to this issue?? I’m not questioning the superb research performed by members, valuable information indeed!! But honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me to see further down the line, gens with very similar issues as pointed out in this thread.
I’d think issues like the fat subdials in noob 4130’s are a definite flaw, but some of the other issues may end up being the result of such a small control group of gens......

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
People like to share around their qc pics nowadays asking for opinion it's especially annoying when they themselves don't see any issue

If you don't see any flaw then accept it and wear it with pride!

kudos

18/2/14
People like to share around their qc pics nowadays asking for opinion it's especially annoying when they themselves don't see any issue

If you don't see any flaw then accept it and wear it with pride!
Maybe they are inexperienced with QC, just a thought.

It could be their first rep watch purchase and they don't know what to look for.

1luzion

11/11/17
Let’s bring this thread to 2019!

I’ve been lurking, looking and reading on the new movement in the noob Daytona.
Lots of people mention problems with reliability? Any issues with you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18

Lot of? Who? Anyway touching wood I can say mine is running smoothly

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

They are very reliable movements. Keyless is finicky when removing/refitting the stem but other than that they are solid.

Berike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
do you have a link or where to buy a daytona like this in the US ? I travel there often and would like to buy one, or if no somewhere in Brazil, thanks!

mariusw

Horology Curious
18/1/19
Is there anyone here who is selling a genuine Rolex Daytona 116520 oyster bracelet ? Please PM me if so.