• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Arf white dial shaved and installed on noob sa4130 movement with gen balance
09cb2ea9a9463e6eaf72d6d10a5fe874.jpg

And the whole watch with gen hands, gen crown, arf crystal and bezel
All on a noob case, bracelet
c7328bb75ac85cf1243d2b5def7318b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job my friend!

I’ve personally shaved my BP dial, but on the central parts actually there are are residual of rubber with that i’ve fix the dial on the dremel. I used the same method as the user who showed above with the dremel BUT with shiny black dial there will be some halos left by the rubber that I think have ruined the dial.

What is the method that you have use on your work if i can ask?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Arf white dial shaved and installed on noob sa4130 movement with gen balance

And the whole watch with gen hands, gen crown, arf crystal and bezel
All on a noob case, bracelet

Incredible work!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
great job @misiekped
I have all the ARF parts for a black and white 116500 but the noob donar watches are still missing.

I will use a lathe to shave the dial. Will mount the dials on a piece of brass and cutt them down with low speed. Have already tried it and it works good. Lukko already reported the problem with the dremmel.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
From which TD did you buy the bp dial and arf bezel? From? MrTimezone?

You can get BP dial from some TD. But you can’t get unfortunally the ARF bezel beacuse they sell all complete set case (just case with bezel, glass and caseback) at 188$.

I’ve buy mine at 50€ from a friend of mine that installed a gen bezel in his ARF daytona :)

Reactions: gekkehenkie

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good job my friend!

I’ve personally shaved my BP dial, but on the central parts actually there are are residual of rubber with that i’ve fix the dial on the dremel. I used the same method as the user who showed above with the dremel BUT with shiny black dial there will be some halos left by the rubber that I think have ruined the dial.

What is the method that you have use on your work if i can ask?

So sorry to hear about your dial bro. Wish I could have gotten this posted sooner. I improved both the anchoring method and the protection, as I had said was needed after my last trial effort. First I taped up the bit shank to increase its diameter slightly. Then I used a stack of washers to give it a solid backing - no wobble from unevenly compressed rubber. On the dial side I used double layer dial protective discs, a rubber O ring and a fiber washer to compress the O ring uniformly. Works fine, no dial damage on a glossy dial. I am going to do this on my ARF dial when it arrives.

While this worked for me on a junk dial, I caution anyone thinking of doing this to practice first on spare dial they don't care about ruining.

15377226332141.jpg

15377226089930.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kaddy and Rufctr2

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15
So sorry to hear about your dial bro. Wish I could have gotten this posted sooner. I improved both the anchoring method and the protection, as I had said was needed after my last trial effort. First I taped up the bit shank to increase its diameter slightly. Then I used a stack of washers to give it a solid backing - no wobble from unevenly compressed rubber. On the dial side I used double layer dial protective discs, a rubber O ring and a fiber washer to compress the O ring uniformly. Works fine, no dial damage on a glossy dial. I am going to do this on my ARF dial when it arrives.

While this worked for me on a junk dial, I caution anyone thinking of doing this to practice first on spare dial they don't care about ruining.

15377226332141.jpg

15377226089930.jpg

i did the same with arf dial...i lost one of the marker (impossible to find inside my garage, i've tried for 1 hour) and now i don't know what to do..do you think noob's marker will fit on arf dial? :(

Reactions: LaPavel

rari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/17
USA
Looks great, one of my favorite purchases was the 904 version of this

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
i did the same with arf dial...i lost one of the marker (impossible to find inside my garage, i've tried for 1 hour) and now i don't know what to do..do you think noob's marker will fit on arf dial? :(

Does the marker you lost have feet on it? If not it would be a little easier to fit it from the Noob. They are not identical in appearance only you can decide if the match is OK. Some markers can be a pain to remove unless you dont care about salvaging the dial. They can be glued on pretty tight. If you dont care about the Noob dial I would elavate it level (use the dial feet and make a 3rd prop to sit level) and let it soak in a tray of acetone (goof off or nail polish remover). That will loosen the glue. I would adjust the level of acetone so it covers the base of the markers only so as to work on the glue, but not let it rise to the top of the markers so as not to destroy the lume.

Sorry to hear about losing a marker, thanks for sharing. I have a containment box I'll use when I do mine. I made it to keep flying parts from disappearing.

15342854560080.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

BTW what speed was your dremel on? I started at 5000 and then increased to 10000 but did not go above that.

Looks like extra dabs of epoxy on all marker feet are in order on the back of the dial.

Last edited:

bettoban

Known Member
30/12/15
BTW what speed was your dremel on? I started at 5000 and then increased to 10000 but did not go above that.

Looks like extra dabs of epoxy on all marker feet are in order on the back of the dial.

I don't know, it's not a gen dremel. It has 8 speeds, i started with 1 and then increased to 4. I used a big flat screwdriver for giving to the sandpaper an hard surface. It took maybe 15min in total. I wish i had your smart idea of using a containment box :(

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
It looks like Puretme just released the Noob 904L version. I just got my white dial v2 literally yesterday... Should I sell it M2M? Is it noticeable between 316L and 904L? Mine is still brand new :(

Reactions: LaPavel