• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

Doc brown

1/11/17
The gen is on the LEFT right?

The X on the gen Rolex logo looks upside down. The 6 o clock marker and 120 bezel mark are not aligned perfect on the gen also. Rep seems pretty good in comparison haha.
Gen is Left. Thanks mate.

Doc brown

1/11/17
Still feel the sub dials are too fat. Obvious giveaway. Best is to swap dial at its 99% close to gen.

Yes they are extremely over weight. Its a project that I'll try to get too. But on the bay the black gen dials are almost 3k.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
received this toy today

b3aaaf6302b68ec9ea74d63f053f2f12.jpg

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Is that an ARF dial?

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Only reason I didn't think it was gen was because of the amount of white space around the outside

Reactions: theREALgoat

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
A testament to the ARF dial, I think.

Other quick identifiers are the notch @ 3, and the flattened coronet tips with the fatter "middle finger" at the base of the coronet.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Only reason I didn't think it was gen was because of the amount of white space around the outside

I agree, it seams to be an Arf for me, the white space is bigger than on the gen imho.

Doc brown

1/11/17
Just some quick pics de-stickered. Sorry for the quality. 4 days from China to Australia over a weekend. That's unheard off!! I hope my black face arrives that quick.

Just a quick question I have it a manual wind and set time etc. Lasted about an hour before stopping. Just gave it another manual wind about an hour ago but this time its still going.

Is this normal? Could it be from a rotor plate being too loose or too tight? So when I'm wearing/moving arms it's not charging properly? Time will tell.
b3ARq.md.jpg

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
Yes, ARF dial. Very close to gen. Will put it in a noob ceramic. Cannot live with the fat sub dials

Sent from iX

Nice, I'll be interested to see if it fits the noob case without modification. I was going to use one in a Phong 116520 case with gen movement but the dial was slightly too big and I haven't had a chance to shave it down.

Agreed it's a huge step up from the Noob 116500 dial

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Nice, I'll be interested to see if it fits the noob case without modification. I was going to use one in a Phong 116520 case with gen movement but the dial was slightly too big and I haven't had a chance to shave it down.

Agreed it's a huge step up from the Noob 116500 dial

I will let you know, never thought about this. I put a gen dial in a ARF case and all was fine. Should work the same way. I will measure the dial tomorrow and compare with the noob dial.

Opirata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
I was wondering, why they got the sub dials right in the blue platinum and f**** up all other versions??

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I was wondering, why they got the sub dials right in the blue platinum and f**** up all other versions??

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Who knows the rules of the rep world but my guess is, 2 different dial suppliers. noob is just manufacturing the parts which come from different suppliers.

Reactions: Opirata

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I will let you know, never thought about this. I put a gen dial in a ARF case and all was fine. Should work the same way. I will measure the dial tomorrow and compare with the noob dial.

guru Hey bro, can you post your experience with the ARF dial install on the Noob movement with pics even?

I think the ARF dial feet are different due to it fitting a 7750, so what are your plans - remove and reattach the feet or remove and use dial dots?

You are breaking new ground again here, please share with the rest of us who want to follow your lead!

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
guru Hey bro, can you post your experience with the ARF dial install on the Noob movement with pics even?

I think the ARF dial feet are different due to it fitting a 7750, so what are your plans - remove and reattach the feet or remove and use dial dots?

You are breaking new ground again here, please share with the rest of us who want to follow your lead!

also interested in this

guru if you have the time please let us know what method you used to install the arf dial

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

Will do but it will take some time because the watch is still in China. Dial arrived yesterday. I can measure the gen dial and ARF dial, no problem.

The plan is to cut the feet and reattach new feeds. Just put new feet in the feerholes on the movement, adjust the dial and glue the feet to the dial. That is the plan, now let us see what happens but I am very confident. Did the same with a gen dial on a ARF 7750 a year ago.

I am doing this only on the 116500 watches, all my 116520 have gen dials.

Reactions: stufuse

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Will do but it will take some time because the watch is still in China. Dial arrived yesterday. I can measure the gen dial and ARF dial, no problem.

The plan is to cut the feet and reattach new feeds. Just put new feet in the feerholes on the movement, adjust the dial and glue the feet to the dial. That is the plan, now let us see what happens but I am very confident. Did the same with a gen dial on a ARF 7750 a year ago.

I am doing this only on the 116500 watches, all my 116520 have gen dials.

That's an interesting approach. Are you planning to re-use the ARF feet? I don't see why you couldn't if they were cut cleanly and then shaped up a bit. They would end up slightly shorter but that's OK.

Thanks for the update.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
That's an interesting approach. Are you planning to re-use the ARF feet? I don't see why you couldn't if they were cut cleanly and then shaped up a bit. They would end up slightly shorter but that's OK.

Thanks for the update.

What a great thread. Subscribed for guru’s ARF dial install pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Dear members,

some days ago (or better said nearly two weeks ago ;) ) my Noob Daytona 116500 White Dial with 4130 fully working chrono movement arrived.
I did some comparioson pictures with my ARF Daytona 116520 White Dial below. (please note - 116520 White Dial / Stainless Steel bezel = ARF || 116500 White Dial / Ceramic bezel = Noob)

To be very honest, both watches are very nice and well made.
Each of them has their own pros and cons. Neither the ARF nor the Noob are perfect at all.

I will also mod both watches because than is each of them nearly "perfect" for my use.
ARF modding plans: center the dial | shorten /shape the pushers | install a slimmed caseback (already removed the deco plate / rotor ETA installed and silenced)
Noob modding plans: dial change to an ARF | bezel change to an ARF | rebrush the bracelet | modify the clasp ot change the clasp

>> Here are my personall PRO's and CON's for each of them:

ARF
+ dial and texture / printing and font typing
+ look and feel of the complete watch
+ crystal is very good
+ rehaut thickness
+ crown (winding crown)
+ bracelet
+ clasp
+ 904 stainless steel
+ SEL fitment

- non working chrono = only stop-second function
- 7750 movement
- caseback (too thick = cause of deco plate & rotor inside)
- pushers too long
- incorrect position of pushers

NOOB
++ movement clone of 4130 and with all of its functions = +++
+ look and feel of complete watch (but not the bracelet!)
+ crystal (but not the gasket!)
+ hand stack and hands
+ windings crown
+ pushers = very accurate
+ SEL fitment

- dial and texture and font typing (also sub dials too fat)
- bezel could be much better for 116500
- bracelet: the polished center links are very "sharp" in the area to the brushed links // not very good
- clasp and looks and feel of the clasp compares to the ARF

I compared both watches also with a Gen Daytona (116520 white dial = old model without rehaut engraving) from a friend of mine. He did not want that I take pictures compared with these two watches and I put pictures of his watch to the www. I respect his argument and point of view.
I have to say again that both watches are very nice. I think 99% of the people out there cannot say if it is a ARF / Noob / Gen or know any difference.
My friend was also very fascinated to both watches. He liked both and he liked them much more as I told him the prices for each ;)

Please note again, I like both of them for their own pros and cons. Both will be modified for my personal satisfaction :)

And here are now some pictures for comparison
116520 = ARF // 116500 = Noob

IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg