• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
maybe this is a silly question but you can get a Gen face off ebay for around 1k. why not put this on the 4130 movement and you have a pretty cheap franken thats 99.9% for like 1600 bucks?
what am i missing here?

It.s exactly what we are all expecting here :)
and find a gen dial on eBay while it’s still the time. This’s noob release has already changed the price of the gen parts

Reactions: ssouthall6

eddieb02

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/17
any idea if there are any issues with swapping in a gen dial on the NOOB 4130?

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
any idea if there are any issues with swapping in a gen dial on the NOOB 4130?
Various mates here have already swapped in gen dials into the Noob and I don't believe any problems were reported.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

eddieb02

9/11/17
awesome! hoping to see some nice franken builds here shortly!
wonder if we will actually see a down tick in the GEN daytona prices

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
awesome! hoping to see some nice franken builds here shortly!
wonder if we will actually see a down tick in the GEN daytona prices

there are too many franken builds here already, just read this forum

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: Maron

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
received this toy today

b3aaaf6302b68ec9ea74d63f053f2f12.jpg

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
I don't know if anybody else has noticed but all of a sudden the price for ceramic Daytona faces just in black and white hats gone up dramatically while gold ones et cetera are much cheaper!! the noob effect must have kicked in. Admittedly the sub dials are a little bit too fat on the noob but change this with a genuine dial and you've got yourself VERY close to gen $20,000 watch for well less than $2000.

The reliability on mine is still great poor Domi must have a queue out the door changing dials :)

because of the amazing replica movement in this watch and the prospect of a 904l model.

I wonder if the Daytona market will collapse like Panarai I remember when you could not get one of these for love nor money in the right model now you can't give them away.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I don't know if anybody else has noticed but all of a sudden the price for ceramic Daytona faces just in black and white hats gone up dramatically while gold ones et cetera are much cheaper!! the noob effect must have kicked in. Admittedly the sub dials are a little bit too fat on the noob but change this with a genuine dial and you've got yourself VERY close to gen $20,000 watch for well less than $2000.

The reliability on mine is still great poor Domi must have a queue out the door changing dials :)

because of the amazing replica movement in this watch and the prospect of a 904l model.

I wonder if the Daytona market will collapse like Panarai I remember when you could not get one of these for love nor money in the right model now you can't give them away.

Domi has mine at the moment for servicing and gen dial and hands fitting! Plenty of pics will appear upon its return!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse and KJ2020

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13

Give away what exactly?

eddieb02

9/11/17
hmm, depending on how much id be interested in a white dial too. im seriously tempted to just buy GEN dial and bezel and throw it on this NOOB 4130 and call it a near perfect super franken. maybe eventually upgrade the band to GEN or 904l

Reactions: Nate0624

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
This is the QC for the LN Noob black face I just received. I tried my best to make a side by side compared to Gen on left. If it helps anyone in knowing what the current batch of Noob 4130's look like. I'm not posting this for any help in picking faults etc. It's just for anyone these that have an extra keen eye to see what the current batch is like. Its good enough for me! :cool:

The gen is on the LEFT right?

The X on the gen Rolex logo looks upside down. The 6 o clock marker and 120 bezel mark are not aligned perfect on the gen also. Rep seems pretty good in comparison haha.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
This is the QC for the LN Noob black face I just received. I tried my best to make a side by side compared to Gen on left. If it helps anyone in knowing what the current batch of Noob 4130's look like. I'm not posting this for any help in picking faults etc. It's just for anyone these that have an extra keen eye to see what the current batch is like. Its good enough for me! :cool:

Still feel the sub dials are too fat. Obvious giveaway. Best is to swap dial at its 99% close to gen.