• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

mbrute

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/18
Both look good. I had one of the first JF versions to be released (same thickness as gen but non working chronos) and the non working chronos never bothered me but the bezel was poor. Especially the “UNITS PER HOUR” it bugged me everytime I looked at the watch.

Not to offend, but dude, you have a speedy on your profile picture. The entire point of the speedy, being a chronometer, is the chronometer functionality. I would never consider getting a chrono without chrono function. But maybe most rep buyers care more about the look than the function. I mean, we are buying replica watches after all and looks do count.

mbrute

9/7/18
Not anything personal dude, just a comment about the rep watches and what not.

Reactions: NewbyUK

jennyleee

6/4/18
Beautiful photography in the initial review. I have the ARF myself. These factories are really competing with each other.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
how does the bracelet feel? I used to have the ARF and it felt really cheap in my opinion.

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
Interesting - I recall the reviews on here suggesting that the ARF bracelet was better than the Noob.

Also interested in this as quite close to purchasing. Similarly what is the weight like for Noob in comparison vs gen?

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I will have an ARF tomorrow but don't have a Noob or a gen to compare it to, which makes my judgment a bit useless/lacking in context. But I'll post my impressions regardless :)

Here are my Daytonas:

8x1xsl.jpg

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm quite happy with my ARF daytona, although the rotor is much noisier than I'd like. I don't have confidence in my skills to take the caseback off and grease it without ruining the watch. Anyway, the finish of it overall seems very impressive and gen-like to me (I have a few gens but not a Daytona).

Last edited:

watchtiger

22/11/16
Also interested in this as quite close to purchasing. Similarly what is the weight like for Noob in comparison vs gen?

The ARF bracelet feels way better compared to the Noob. Miles apart on the quality and finish especially the bracelet and SEL as mentioned here before.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
The ARF bracelet feels way better compared to the Noob. Miles apart on the quality and finish especially the bracelet and SEL as mentioned here before.

+1.

100% agreed. ARF bracelet is wayyyy better than the Noob bracelet. In fact, I am almost convinced that the Noob bracelet has aspects of it that are made from plastic -- at least, that's how it feels like it.

Reactions: watchtiger

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
I have no first hand experience with the ARF bracelet but I think I can comment a bit on the Noob. Weight is not so much of an issue with the Noob bracelet, but rather the tightness in assembly of the individual links. Each of the Oyster links are made up of three parts...the two outer links and the midlink. Comparing them to my gen bracelets these links are not assembled tight enough, nor are they perfectly flush with the midlink. I suspect this lack of tightness is what gave the slightly sloppy and slightly flimsy feeling of the Noob bracelet.

If you wear your watch tight, like I do, then the Noob bracelet is passable. But if you wear your watch slightly loose and the bracelet would flap about a bit, then it will feel "cheaply" made if that makes sense.

But given this is based on one example from Noon that I have I don't think the sampling pool is big enough to draw any definite conclusion.

Below is a photo highlighting the gaps I was referring to...and no thread should be without eye candy right?
99c5a374d390cb15a844c0b40238e460.jpg
188c22144a8515d3251f470e8544d8ad.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Left it in the watch box for 3 days. Took it out, still within 30 sec of correct time. Chrono pushers smooth as silk just like gen. This watch is totally NWBIG Don't waste your money on a Gen Noob have nailed it.

42911687224_3680b5a7c7_b.jpg

SliverSurfer

10/5/18
Left it in the watch box for 3 days. Took it out, still within 30 sec of correct time. Chrono pushers smooth as silk just like gen. This watch is totally NWBIG Don't waste your money on a Gen Noob have nailed it.

42911687224_3680b5a7c7_b.jpg

Looks awesome! Would be interesting to know how the bracelet feels on this batch? How is the weight and the tightness? Does it feel cheap?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I'm also looking to hit the trigger. My TD has the ARF bracelet for sale on his web site. Any opinion, or experience with swapping the ARF bracelet for the Noob one it comes with?

you can put it on but it looks ugly. it will not really fit. stay with the noob, the second batch is better

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

gapple

Good. Thanks. Now checking with the TD to see if he will ship to me here. I'm in Mexico, and the choices are few. DHL/FedEx scan all shipments into the country. Registered mail takes 3-4 months. EMS maybe.