• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
So this movement is it safe to say the chrono can be used alot? and I mean alot and it wont break or reset with the seconds hand misaligned or slightly off? Many 7750 based movements if you press the reset anywhere around the 30 second mark it will then never reset properly exactly at the 12 position. I will be a few seconds off due to the shitty levers.

This movement is solid in terms of chrono working/operation?

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
So this movement is it safe to say the chrono can be used alot? and I mean alot and it wont break or reset with the seconds hand misaligned or slightly off? Many 7750 based movements if you press the reset anywhere around the 30 second mark it will then never reset properly exactly at the 12 position. I will be a few seconds off due to the shitty levers.

This movement is solid in terms of chrono working/operation?
I have operated the chrono hundreds of times and thus far nothing wrong so I'd say it's pretty solid. All 3 chrono hands reset perfectly regardless of where they are before reset.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: peterpl

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I know several members have bought the Noob Ice Blue Daytona. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself and am wondering if you guys still like them after owning them for a while. The dial on the ARF is slightly different but is the Noob Ice Blue good enough as is?

RobSe1

Reactions: recan1ze

Porscheguy21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/18
I have operated the chrono hundreds of times and thus far nothing wrong so I'd say it's pretty solid. All 3 chrono hands reset perfectly regardless of where they are before reset.

Do you mind performing an 11 hour chrono run on your 4130 for the sake of knowledge on rwi? :idea::D:drinks_cheers:

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
Do you mind performing an 11 hour chrono run on your 4130 for the sake of knowledge on rwi? :idea::D:drinks_cheers:
Actually I did. Well, not for eleven hours but over 9 hours...now that you're asking about it I regret not taking a photo while at it.

FWIW, the movement is really excellent. Shame the same can't be said for the dial. I mean, I can live with the ceramic bezel but the thick sundials can be a bit obvious if you know what to look for.
769ff2e7d041e7c56638231706c25c4c.jpg

Reactions: Maron

Porscheguy21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/18
Actually I did. Well, not for eleven hours but over 9 hours...now that you're asking about it I regret not taking a photo while at it.

FWIW, the movement is really excellent. Shame the same can't be said for the dial. I mean, I can live with the ceramic bezel but the thick sundials can be a bit obvious if you know what to look for.
769ff2e7d041e7c56638231706c25c4c.jpg

It's a beautiful watch! I can't wait to get my V9. Wear yours in good health! :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: mui.richard

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I know several members have bought the Noob Ice Blue Daytona. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself and am wondering if you guys still like them after owning them for a while. The dial on the ARF is slightly different but is the Noob Ice Blue good enough as is?

RobSe1

The ice blue is an awesome watch and the Dial is really great. For me it’s no Problem with the different subdial burst because nobody will notice...

but i‘m think about to let it go, i have too much and it gets no wristtime

iLXkr.jpg

iL4VI.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The ice blue is an awesome watch and the Dial is really great. For me it’s no Problem with the different subdial burst because nobody will notice...

but i‘m think about to let it go, i have too much and it gets no wristtime

iLXkr.jpg

iL4VI.jpg

Thanks bro. I appreciate the pics and the comments. I have to use $500 worth of credit at a TD or I'd wait a bit for an M2M. It really is beautiful! Yours is in perfect condition!

I have a simple solution for low wrist time - each watch gets its day in turn, guess you could say "My watches rule" LOL

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Thanks bro. I appreciate the pics and the comments. I have to use $500 worth of credit at a TD or I'd wait a bit for an M2M. It really is beautiful! Yours is in perfect condition!

I have a simple solution for low wrist time - each watch gets its day in turn, guess you could say "My watches rule" LOL

sure bro :) yeah its in great condition! And the SEL are spot on.

THAT is a great idea with your rotating rule :D

Reactions: KJ2020

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria

RobSe1

I am not so happy with the ice-blue Noob dial since it misses the individual sunburst effect in the subdials. So I bought an ARF Dial and will have it fitted and replaced.

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
And here it is, what's a brother to do when there's a request? Honor it right? So I left the Chrono running through the night for a bit over 11 hrs 29 minutes, and then reset.

And the timekeeping, dial up, over that 11+ hrs was spot on. Gained zero seconds.

d9279d26aeb1073a8731407b6fe84610.jpg
91f1bef38b150218f4954ec12e2150dc.jpg

Last edited:

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
And here it is, what's a brother to do when there's a request? Honor it right? So I left the Chrono running through the night for a bit over 11 hrs 29 minutes, and then reset.

And the timekeeping, dial up, over that 11+ hrs was spot on. Gained zero seconds.

d9279d26aeb1073a8731407b6fe84610.jpg
91f1bef38b150218f4954ec12e2150dc.jpg

So does this mean its safe to run the chrono 24/7? I quite like the chrono second hand going around the face...

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
So does this mean its safe to run the chrono 24/7? I quite like the chrono second hand going around the face...
Why would anyone want to run the chrono 24/7? Yes I get it you like the Chrono second hand going around, but are you gonna be staring at the darn thing 24/7?
I got mine early May this year, and thus far the movement has been nothing but perfect. But other than these test runs the longest I've used the chrono is for but a few hours timing the parking.

Maybe you should get one and try it out?