• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Just received 2 babies last evening.. and here is one!

3642525a4d4fbaf6da6756dc406cb488.jpg

Have to say I’m pretty impressed by the watch. Bracelet is so so, but I’ll live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet ! Let me know if you want to sell one.

gapple

I just ordered the Noob 116506. I’ve had the black and white dials before, but in weak light I can’t see the hands. I figured the ice blue dial will make it easier to read. Time will tell. Now I have to wait till my friend goes to the States to pick it up for me. Sadly, customs in Mexico is brutal.

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
Pelagic any QC issues? yours looks great. i've been having trouble with bezel alignment and discolouration

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Pelagic any QC issues? yours looks great. i've been having trouble with bezel alignment and discolouration

None at all approved right away. Bezel alignment can be solved easily. What’s discolored on yours shoot me a pm of your qc. I’m going to either drop a gen crystal or at least change the gasket. Haven’t fully torn it down yet. I’ll be frankening this one the movement is amazing.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: KJ2020

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
If you reject the QC (for a valid reason such as bezel misalignment) what does a typical TD do? do they get a new watch for you? Or does the relationship get difficult from then on?

Rina1988

Known Member
21/7/16
If you reject the QC (for a valid reason such as bezel misalignment) what does a typical TD do? do they get a new watch for you? Or does the relationship get difficult from then on?

i haven't had any problems yet. be sure to be polite and give legitimate reasons with pics and i think you should be fine. which watch did you get and who's your td?

Reactions: clin197

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
So I have had the watch 3 weeks, during which it has been on my wrist, except for a 3 day period during which it didn't stop. It has lost 3 secs in that time. The rotor is silent the pushers work like silk. The chrono doesnt jump. It looks Gen.

Up until now there has never been a serious Daytona Rep. Now we have one but only one.

Noob nailed it. They truly did. 100% NWBIG at the very least.

If this isn't a super rep, nothing is Omagad

Thanks for your post timnic54. I like the aspects you emphasize, i.e. (i) working chrono (ii) 70 hr power reserve (iii) acceptable thickness (iv) reasonably clean movement prior to service (v) reasonable timekeeping accuracy out of box. I will get the exact same Noob white daytona with the black bezel as my next purchase.

I havent given as many likes to posts on any thread ever.

W.r.t. ARF comparisons (again, thanks to contributors), faults are (i) one tick vs two ticks, which I cant even decipher after tim's photo clarification (ii) bracelet is better (iii) sel is better

My plan is to swap the bracelet with a black curved end Everest leather strap, so the benefits of ARF are moot. Cant wait!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
CL dials have 2 tick, starting from 2015....I do not know what the f problem is. All noob dial have CL.

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: phdsjain

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Thanks for your post timnic54. I like the aspects you emphasize, i.e. (i) working chrono (ii) 70 hr power reserve (iii) acceptable thickness (iv) reasonably clean movement prior to service (v) reasonable timekeeping accuracy out of box. I will get the exact same Noob white daytona with the black bezel as my next purchase.

I havent given as many likes to posts on any thread ever.

W.r.t. ARF comparisons (again, thanks to contributors), faults are (i) one tick vs two ticks, which I cant even decipher after tim's photo clarification (ii) bracelet is better (iii) sel is better

My plan is to swap the bracelet with a black curved end Everest leather strap, so the benefits of ARF are moot. Cant wait!

Forget the two ticks one tick nonsense, the problems are the subdials and the ROLEX spacing.

The steel dial is completely wrong. They've copied the ceramic dial style. The steel dial never had this sort of spacing.

The ceramic dial spacing is better but sub dials are wrong.

Reactions: vcappp and r0b9502

Akra

11/1/17
wake me once 904 is available

Seriously why are people so into 904? Nobody notices this at all. It rather have them correct the subdials, thicker bezelnumbers and you have a superrep.

RS6man

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/3/18
Is the 120 off on this? Should I reject it or are they all misaligned?

daytonafd6fccb7a76a9445.jpg

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Just ordered mine today. I won’t get it till the end of the month, since a friend of mine will get it in the States and bring it to me. They wouldn’t ship to Mexico. I hope that the tarif issue with Trump and the Chinese doesn’t cause me trouble...

Tarrifs are only for legal merchandise! These, meh, are not spic and span legal

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Forget the two ticks one tick nonsense, the problems are the subdials and the ROLEX spacing.

The steel dial is completely wrong. They've copied the ceramic dial style. The steel dial never had this sort of spacing.

The ceramic dial spacing is better but sub dials are wrong.

I dont fully get your feedback. The white dial, black circumference subdials, black bezel, as shown in posts #203 and #204, would you classify as wrong dial/subdial?

Well, the more microscopic on goes, even one gen wont match another gen. So each individual has to draw a line somewhere, as to what the individual will live with or not.

For me, I dont even think I can spot the difference between a 3600 quartz movement 28800 on somebody's moving wrist, at a little bit of a distance, without appearing impolite. So, I will draw my line here: a if knowledgeable and practical fellow like timnic54 asserts that a particular specimen is a solid NWBIG, I will accept it :)

Reactions: timnic54

RS6man

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/3/18
Double post

Last edited: