• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Date Just (blue dial) so far and what to improve

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Do you advise the roulette dw for the DJ blue dial?

Definitely. Because that is the gen configuration from gen Rolex factory.

All 116200/116234 with blue stick dial should have roulette date disc. Below is a screenshot of the Official Rolex 2017 dial guide:
So according to the gen configuration guide below, the following dial colours should have roulette date disc: white, blue, black, and black arab concentric

madex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/18
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum after some time quietly reading.
I'm also about to get the ARF DJ 36 in blue, which will be my first rep. After some research, I couldn't find answers to the following questions; maybe one of you guys has an answer:
1. how water resistant are they? possible to take a shower or swim in a pool? or only wash your hands?
2. I would actually prefer the fluted bezel. But I fear, that it is too much of a difference compared to the Gen, as the Gen has white gold in it.
3. Similiar to the bracelet: I would actually prefer the Jubilee, but I have the impression, that the oyster one comes closer to the Gen.
4. Dateflip: I read on a different thread, that the dateflip takes like 1-2 hours instead of flipping instantaneously. Do you have any experience with that?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for these questions and look forward to your answers.
Thanks a million

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum after some time quietly reading.
I'm also about to get the ARF DJ 36 in blue, which will be my first rep. After some research, I couldn't find answers to the following questions; maybe one of you guys has an answer:
1. how water resistant are they? possible to take a shower or swim in a pool? or only wash your hands?
2. I would actually prefer the fluted bezel. But I fear, that it is too much of a difference compared to the Gen, as the Gen has white gold in it.
3. Similiar to the bracelet: I would actually prefer the Jubilee, but I have the impression, that the oyster one comes closer to the Gen.
4. Dateflip: I read on a different thread, that the dateflip takes like 1-2 hours instead of flipping instantaneously. Do you have any experience with that?

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for these questions and look forward to your answers.
Thanks a million

1. You should get it tested before submerging it in water
2. the gen is solid white gold. The rep is rhodium plated stainless steel. They're not identical, but looks pretty good imho
3. I have both and they are excellent. Choose the one you like best. The jubilee is 316 SS and the oyster is 904 SS
4. Mine doesn't flip over 1-2 hours: it's much less than that

madex

19/7/18
1. You should get it tested before submerging it in water
2. the gen is solid white gold. The rep is rhodium plated stainless steel. They're not identical, but looks pretty good imho
3. I have both and they are excellent. Choose the one you like best. The jubilee is 316 SS and the oyster is 904 SS
4. Mine doesn't flip over 1-2 hours: it's much less than that

Thanks for the fast response :)
One question to 4: does it flick like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmo1JF-fGPk or how can I interpret that?

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
For what I understand the new dj jubile is 904l stainless steel too. Is this right?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

pedroregooo

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/6/18
guys i have been reading this thread and im also very very interested in get a dj with blue dial, the information you keep posting is incredible and very interesting. I have really just 2 questions.

first: wouldnt it be worth to save a bit more and buy one in second hand? it seems to me the money beeing used to mod the watch is not that far from buying a gen

second: do you mod urselfs? is it hard or adviced to outsource it? and where to?

thanks you m8ts :)

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
Well a new DJ is 7400 Eur, you can find a used ref 116234 at not less than 4000/4500

An Arf is about 330Eur, plus 200 eur datewheel, 100 eur service and mounting, an original dial is about 500 eur.
If you want a perfect clone, you can add a gen crystal, don't know the price but i think 300 eur. Than speaking about the movement you can make it bulletproof with a gen winding mechanism for about 300 eur. So at the end

330+
200+
100+
500+
300=

Total= 1700 Eur and you have a perfect frankenwatch. at a fraction of the used Gen. You choose.

But i think you can spend the half and you have a perfect super rep for about 1/10 of the gen watch.

Hakai

11/6/18
GregH I think
Arf
Dial
DTW
+ Service

Is enough
Put some money on the side for a gen età and you are good

On the other hand you can get a real (old) gen for 1800-3000 depends on how lucky you are. But again old movement, servicing
, Scretches etc...

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
GregH I think
Arf
Dial
DTW
+ Service

Is enough

On the other hand you can get a real (old) gen for 1800-3000 depends on how lucky you are. But again old movement, servicing
, Scretches etc...

Sure, on mine i will only change dial and dw, and planning to change the reversing wheels as suggested here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-3135-3131/6601960-sh3135-essential-upgrades-

on the old gen, well it's very difficult. I was looking for a date just a lot (then i opted for a new gen oyster perpetual) but i only found veeery old model at high prices

71bucks

18/5/10
GregH I think
Arf
Dial
DTW
+ Service

Is enough

Does a gen ETA 2824 or 2836 fit/work in the 36mm ARF? I was assuming it did not and therefore never considered buying the watch...

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Does a gen ETA 2824 or 2836 fit/work in the 36mm ARF? I was assuming it did not and therefore never considered buying the watch...

Yes, with a movement holder a 2824 will fit. But you’ll have to change the hands, clip the dial feet, and get a dwo. Does not make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Sweet DJ. What configuration do you have here?

Sorry i have been away. It’s an ARF with Gen date weel and service.

Very nice watch. In response to another user commenting on the bezel, ARF have the best replica bezel on any DJ rep we have seen.

Sent from the RWI App

dhistory

21/11/17
Sorry i have been away. It’s an ARF with Gen date weel and service.

Very nice watch. In response to another user commenting on the bezel, ARF have the best replica bezel on any DJ rep we have seen.

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks for the reply. Really neat. If only my wrist could manage a 36mm

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
I’ve just received mine. The overall impression is not bad, but not great. Here’s my impressions

I think the ARF blu dial is good, better than I expected. It has a valid sunburst effect and I’m not disappointed at all. Of course the gen is better but I don’t think a replacement is absolutely needed

The watch is refined very well and I like a lot the precise date change at 00:01. The date wheel as anyone knows is not very good, some numbers are too bold and I think also not centered. I’ve already bought a gen datewheel.

3 elements I think are a tell in this watch.

1) The weight: I’ve a gen 34 mm oyster perpetual and the weight is significative higher. Not measured but in the hands it seems very lighter than the one I’ve experience with

2) the crystal: too much reflection. Never seen a dj in person, but the oyster i have have a lot less reflections

3) the bezel. Can’t say why, but doesn’t seem very gen.

If had to choose just one thing to change beside the dw, I will probably go for the crystal.

What you think?
eb89192f79d977692448a42a0b1fabbe.jpg
fed784473f55fd9e7b8fefba4eb5aa7c.jpg
bc172771ee9804851d4ad332f97b2ed1.jpg
36c7019e2aff8a5c3dfd370b99c4e4a3.jpg
f793c92ce76f7f615ead68842f21a390.jpg
f281d16bd60ec931295db1e46e9fffed.jpg

Reactions: Razorig2

Denny14

Known Member
7/9/16
GregH You're wrong the gen dial is similar but not the same and better refibished and has a darker shade, at night it seems almost black.
I will open a treahd about mine in which I will show the comparison between gen and rep; on the bezel you're wrong big is really very similar to the gen, if you have problems I suggest you put a smooth gen. Regarding the bracelet I can not tell you, I have an oyster the weights are different so I can not say what you say. Surely it is an excellent starting point for having a dj "gen" but you have to spend money. In my opinion dial, Dw, crystal, hands, and crown for those who make the picky a wetta bezel but I found a comparison and believe me, in the picture under the same light does not change anything, the user also said the comparison.
Regards

Reactions: Nivka

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
GregH You're wrong the gen dial is similar but not the same and better refibished and has a darker shade, at night it seems almost black.
I will open a treahd about mine in which I will show the comparison between gen and rep; on the bezel you're wrong big is really very similar to the gen, if you have problems I suggest you put a smooth gen. Regarding the bracelet I can not tell you, I have an oyster the weights are different so I can not say what you say. Surely it is an excellent starting point for having a dj "gen" but you have to spend money. In my opinion dial, Dw, crystal, hands, and crown for those who make the picky a wetta bezel but I found a comparison and believe me, in the picture under the same light does not change anything, the user also said the comparison.
Regards

Hi Denny, thanks for the impressions. Yes I know the dial is different from the gen, I was looking for a gen one even before the watch came in my hands, I’m just saying is not so bad I was expecting. I was prepared to a really bad dial, but this is good, not the same color, you’re right, but overall good.

I Know i was a bit picky on the other things, but I think the main thing here is the weight, way lighter than my gen oysterperpetual (but with oyster bracelet)

I’m looking for a comparison with a gen can you help? I’ve not seen in hands a gen so I can’t say, but I had experience with other superrep and gen, and in that case the differences were not visible at all

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
does the gen DJII come with a roulette DW? or is it just the DJ36?