• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
I also have a noob and I'm looking for the components to make it a franc ... I think the Bezel is indispensable, there is no ARF that holds!

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
I also have a noob and I'm looking for the components to make it a franc ... I think the Bezel is indispensable, there is no ARF that holds!

Dial is the eye-catcher of every watch, for the Daytona is absolutely the more striking appeal.....Arf bezel is the best rep, but obviously it has nothing on the gen one.....however, a NOOB with only a gen dial is already very credible, imho.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
NOOB case
Short aftermarket clasp
Gen black APH dial Superluminova
Rehaut NO RRR
Gen bezel

116520 black dial is my favorite Daytona of all time. 2 questions for you:

1. Are you thinking about getting an ARF bracelet as I heard they are superior quality and finish to the Noob ones.
2. How does the gen bezel compare to the Noob? For my build I was considering going Noob base with ARF bracelet, dial, and bezel. Wondering if a gen bezel is worth the $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
bc68eb1b8ef02eef08c0b99d1c22c83b.jpg

Chromalight collection :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

???

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Got a question for those who handled a panda 116500 in both ARF and Noob.

I had an ARF 116519 cause I don't care about a .5mm thickness difference nor a fully working chrono.

However I sold it because of two major fuck ups I don't see anone talking about.

The end links are not recessed, not even flush but RAISED on their 116519. It looked terrible. Not only that, but compared to gen, the case shape was not sharp... the curves felt soft and non-luxury... felt like a dhgate case. I was not impressed.

I got a Noob and it fixes both of those problems fhankfully. Sharp case and recessed end links.

I want to get a panda 116500 now but again a working chrono and a .5mm increase isn't the biggest deal.

My question is does the case also curve softly and look crappy compared to gen and Noob? I think the recessed endlinks are actually okay in their panda version from what I can see

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Got a question for those who handled a panda 116500 in both ARF and Noob.

I had an ARF 116519 cause I don't care about a .5mm thickness difference nor a fully working chrono.

However I sold it because of two major fuck ups I don't see anone talking about.

The end links are not recessed, not even flush but RAISED on their 116519. It looked terrible. Not only that, but compared to gen, the case shape was not sharp... the curves felt soft and non-luxury... felt like a dhgate case. I was not impressed.

I got a Noob and it fixes both of those problems fhankfully. Sharp case and recessed end links.

I want to get a panda 116500 now but again a working chrono and a .5mm increase isn't the biggest deal.

My question is does the case also curve softly and look crappy compared to gen and Noob? I think the recessed endlinks are actually okay in their panda version from what I can see

I've had about 10 Daytona ARFs and 10 Daytona Noob's. I can tell you that apart from the 116520 dials, 116500 white V2 dials (fat counters), the steel model cases, and the bracelets (only removable parts because the ARF sels do not fit Noob cases) Everything else including the model cases in gold Noob wins, and above all continues to work on the models to improve them. ARF is stopped.

Panda 116500 buy Noob V4 ;-)

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
case and sel Noob of the models in gold with rubber is impressive for how close it is to the gen. ARF gold rubber watch have orrible sel :)

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I've had about 10 Daytona ARFs and 10 Daytona Noob's. I can tell you that apart from the 116520 dials, 116500 white V2 dials (fat counters), the steel model cases, and the bracelets (only removable parts because the ARF sels do not fit Noob cases) Everything else including the model cases in gold Noob wins, and above all continues to work on the models to improve them. ARF is stopped.

Panda 116500 buy Noob V4 ;-)

Hey thanks for the response, you're the perfect person to ask about this then lol. I am glad someone else noticed how bad the case and SELs are on the ARF Oysterflx Daytonas.

I am a bit confused though, you seem to state that the steel model cases and bracelets are better for ARF? But then say go for v4 Noob if going for the Panda? Isn't that a contradiction? Shouldn't I be going for ARF Panda if case and bracelet is better on ARF?

I am sure I misunderstood somewhere, please elaborate if you can!

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
p0pperini - I believe you mentioned you owned both Panda variants from Noob and Arf, care to elaborate on what case felt more premium or gen-like?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hey thanks for the response, you're the perfect person to ask about this then lol. I am glad someone else noticed how bad the case and SELs are on the ARF Oysterflx Daytonas.

I am a bit confused though, you seem to state that the steel model cases and bracelets are better for ARF? But then say go for v4 Noob if going for the Panda? Isn't that a contradiction? Shouldn't I be going for ARF Panda if case and bracelet is better on ARF?

I am sure I misunderstood somewhere, please elaborate if you can!

for me even if the ARF has a better curvature than the case on the opposite side of the crown if you have to get a watch without modifications get the Noob. It is better in everything and I assure you that the thickness in the Daytona is very important. Noob with V4 has improved a lot. ARF you cannot keep it without changing the caseback

Reactions: Duckber

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
p0pperini - I believe you mentioned you owned both Panda variants from Noob and Arf, care to elaborate on what case felt more premium or gen-like?

The Noob is undoubtedly more gen-like, just because it's closer to correct thickness thanks to the gen dimensions of its clone movement. But I never even notice details like that when wearing the watches. I'm not really all that good on ultra-detail nit-picking when it comes to reps. I was more than happy with the ARF - but got seduced by the idea of the Noob gen-like clone 4130.

Reactions: Duckber

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
for me even if the ARF has a better curvature than the case on the opposite side of the crown if you have to get a watch without modifications get the Noob. It is better in everything and I assure you that the thickness in the Daytona is very important. Noob with V4 has improved a lot. ARF you cannot keep it without changing the caseback

Alright thanks for the response. Question, since you have both 519 and 500, is it true the 519 has a bigger case / wears bigger than the 500?

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Alright thanks for the response. Question, since you have both 519 and 500, is it true the 519 has a bigger case / wears bigger than the 500?

It is not bigger, it just has a different shape of the lugs

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
116520 black dial is my favorite Daytona of all time. 2 questions for you:

1. Are you thinking about getting an ARF bracelet as I heard they are superior quality and finish to the Noob ones.
2. How does the gen bezel compare to the Noob? For my build I was considering going Noob base with ARF bracelet, dial, and bezel. Wondering if a gen bezel is worth the $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, this is a Noob with gen dial, and ARF bezel and bracelet.....I think is more than enough for a great rep; ARF dial is gorgeous and should be a perfect choice for a first step modding/frankening Daytona, but gen dial has that little bit more.....
I agree with u that a gen bezel is not so different from an ARF one....but is different just enough to give u that feeling i am not able to describe u.
Last batch of NOOb Daytona seems to have a better quality bracelet, but I agree ARF is better....I am considering to purchase one from Li.
Hoping to be clear and comprehensive (English is not my mother tongue) ;-)

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
ZWfGD3.jpg
ZWffMn.jpg

Mate, this is a Noob with gen dial, and ARF bezel and bracelet.....I think is more than enough for a great rep; ARF dial is gorgeous and should be a perfect choice for a first step modding/frankening Daytona, but gen dial has that little bit more.....
I agree with u that a gen bezel is not so different from an ARF one....but is different just enough to give u that feeling i am not able to describe u.
Last batch of NOOb Daytona seems to have a better quality bracelet, but I agree ARF is better....I am considering to purchase one from Li.
Hoping to be clear and comprehensive (English is not my mother tongue) ;-)

You are right mate, the ARF bezel is the best REP bezel available at the moment and a good option and for most people good enough. However the bezel installed on your watch seems to be an ARF V1 bezel. They are considered to be superior to the current V2 bezels and unfortunately not available anymore.

By the way, your watch is beautiful!

Last edited:

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
You are right mate, the ARF bezel is the best REP bezel available at the moment and a good option and for most people good enough. However the bezel installed on your watch seems to be an ARF V1 bezel. They are considered to be superior to the current V2 bezels and unfortunately not available anymore.

By the way, your watch is beautiful!

Tony Clifton your eyes are accurate as usual, bezel and bracelet are from a V1