• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06
Lovely,
i am also trying to make it thinner but i can't find the spare parts :(

If you can't source them and you're willing to drop the coin, I simply swapped the caseback off my old non-functioning Daytona, like this one:

https://www.pfclones.com/0-0-0-rlds...tk-asian-clone-2824-nwc-nf-special-offer.html

Remove the two movement screws on the ARF, throw away the deco plate, replace screws, grab a 7750 rotor ("oscillating weight") and screw off ebay for $15 and swap them out. Viola.

Reactions: SenzaTempo

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I'm in the middle of a White 116500 Noob/ARF build

I'm trying to decide if a Gen crystal is worth it.... I already have a gen spec gasket to get rid of the horrible Noob milky white one. But i'm really unsure if a gen crystal really will be noticeable over a Noob or ARF crystal

I should say that on my Sub build, i think its mandatory with a Gen crystal, but mostly because of the Date Magnifier

Let me hear from you wonderful people that made the jump from rep to gen crystal :)

Reactions: shotgun

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
I'm in the middle of a White 116500 Noob/ARF build

I'm trying to decide if a Gen crystal is worth it.... I already have a gen spec gasket to get rid of the horrible Noob milky white one. But i'm really unsure if a gen crystal really will be noticeable over a Noob or ARF crystal

I should say that on my Sub build, i think its mandatory with a Gen crystal, but mostly because of the Date Magnifier

Let me hear from you wonderful people that made the jump from rep to gen crystal :)

Gen crystal is not necessary...change only the gasket...Rep crystal noob is ok!

Reactions: 2841

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
If you can't source them and you're willing to drop the coin, I simply swapped the caseback off my old non-functioning Daytona, like this one:

https://www.pfclones.com/0-0-0-rlds...tk-asian-clone-2824-nwc-nf-special-offer.html

Remove the two movement screws on the ARF, throw away the deco plate, replace screws, grab a 7750 rotor ("oscillating weight") and screw off ebay for $15 and swap them out. Viola.

I have an old 7750 where, the case seems thicker, but the caseback is thinner .. exactly what are the external and internal measurements for a thin caseback to be installed on ARF?

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
The V4 Noob Daytona is my 3rd REP Daytona panda and I am very happy with it. The first two I got I was not happy with and always wanted to mod them. But because I couldn’t find a good watchmaker in my city (Dubai) I could not mod them. I never even wore them because they felt rep and were an easy spot on. I was not comfortable wearing them in public.

But the V4 is different.

The flaws are not noticeable unless you look for them through a microscope and compare them with a GEN. Even the comparison we do by taking a photo of our rep and comparing it to a GEN photo online. That’s not accurate because of the different lighting, different camera and also angle of the shot.

In my opinion:

1) The Daytona red color is very GEN like. Yes its a tiny bit high but it’s not noticeable at all on the wrist.

2) The 5 lines text is great because there are GEN dials that are very close to it. Again, Rolex keeps on changing the dials so you will never be able to catch up. If you decide to change the dial to an ARF then it’s your choice but trust me you don’t have to.

3) The bezel is also very GEN like and many people who own both the V4 and CF bezel say that the difference is hardly noticeable. Both bezels have their flaws in low or high lighting but both dials are GEN like.

For me if the flaws are not noticeable unless you put a GEN next to it and you spend 30 seconds trying to find a flaw then the rep is amazingly done and is worth every penny.

Guys we are only spending $700 for a $28,000 watch. The watch looks very GEN like and the movement is also great and reliable.

In my opinion anyone who wants a Daytona should buy the V4 and not mod it because it’s not worth spending more money on tiny details that are not easily noticeable on the wrist.

Buy it and enjoy the compliments!

fcc51949609bb40e364c0f8c6d4c033d.jpg

30774c023d1f66d048d8aa8c12027572.jpg

59fc8f296e0d3b1125c33f951761dd2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Markaplan Mate how is the bracelet on the V4?? Have they improved it or does it still feel a bit cheap??

I have v3 latest batch bracelet and bracelet is almost the same as arf..i had arf too..just wash with soapy water or baby bath and feels smooth..not rattly
they improved bracelet a lot

Reactions: SKnight

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
What i will never understand is this:
Why are the two Es in PERPETUAL different shapes?

And it has been like this on noob dials from the start.

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20
Markaplan Mate how is the bracelet on the V4?? Have they improved it or does it still feel a bit cheap??

To be honest I cannot really judge because I never had a GEN Daytona to compare it with. But I had GEN Batman and hulk and the bracelet noob Daytona does feel cheap compared to them. It has a tingling sound when you wear it on. But I heard from other members that washing it with soap does make a big difference. I didn’t try that yet but will update you once I do it.
23b6807ff2fa8d562bed6271c82aa820.jpg

Reactions: SKnight

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
I have v3 latest batch bracelet and bracelet is almost the same as arf..i had arf too..just wash with soapy water or baby bath and feels smooth..not rattly
they improved bracelet a lot

I agree. My v3 bracelet is very good!

Reactions: Bobi01

Markaplan

Supporter
9/10/20

Your strap is the definition of luxury!! Great choice! Where did you buy it from?
I bought an oyster flex rubber strap and when I installed it on my Daytona it looked really bad because I did not have this metal part that I highlighted in the picture bellow.
Can you please tell me how you have it? I was not able to remove it from the actual bracelet.
Thank you in advance.
[mention]Valentz [/mention]

37a4cfc08d141d6b957e66e9560a50bf.png