• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ - You need to change that bezel :D it is killing the looks of that awesome watch :D

Meh, it's not even a blip on my radar bro. I've turned down the screen intensity on my radar the longer I am in this hobby. I have a dozen or more other projects in work so too busy to notice!

Essray

Renowned Member
22/5/16
Wisconsin USA
3107388fba62cec3c37f459ba1bb3952.jpg

cf3f24ee0ef91f1d3f84b90a5cff9cc6.jpg

6e3b8b96220ba5c918ea6e06a47a5748.jpg

Seriously considering making the swap. I know KJ2020 says no. It’s a beautiful watch by Micasol. Runs smooth and true. I’d definitely buy a panda from him. If I did make the swap... what do you think of the dial and insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
If I did make the swap... what do you think of the dial and insert?

Honestly I wouldn’t use either. That Noob panda dial isn’t the best v2 (coronet, red Daytona print, sundial width, etc. ) and you can get better v3 dials. But if you’re going to the effort, get an ARF dial. They are SOOOO much better in every way. Get a Clean Bezel as well. They’re not that expensive.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Redsoxfan02116

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Runs smooth and true. I’d definitely buy a panda from him. If I did make the swap... what do you think of the dial and insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about using the dial and bezel in those pics with the watch in that pic? If so, the precious metal case is a completely different shape than the SS case. Apologies if you already knew, maybe some others don't. PM case on the bottom.

Case-shape2.jpg

I would mix and match parts to suit me, I'm crazy that way. Others likely would not.

Reactions: ssouthall6

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Honestly I wouldn’t use either. That Noob panda dial isn’t the best v2 (coronet, red Daytona print, sundial width, etc. ) and you can get better v3 dials. But if you’re going to the effort, get an ARF dial. They are SOOOO much better in every way. Get a Clean Bezel as well. They’re not that expensive.

Sent from the RWI App

Have to agree with this assessment. Besides inferior dial print, your insert has wrong “R” font. As KJ mentioned, WG and SS case shapes are different too.

But looking at the bright side, none of these “flaws” will be visible on wrist from the normal viewing angle. Personally, I would rather have a watch that makes me happy rather than what others notice.

Reactions: KJ2020

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

staying safe...

I must say your watch is gorgeus bro... one of the best daytona reps we’ve seen here,SELs are tight and nice recessed,dial is like gen... very nice i hope it will last many years

Reactions: KJ2020