• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Correct mate! ARF V2 no mods. Was going to install a CF bezel and crystal but pretty happy with it at the moment.

Remove deco plate and install noob caseback.. you will have new watch,thin as gen

ssouthall6

10/10/13
The ARF is much nicer out of the box I have to say, as an owner of four noobs, 4 ARF'S, a JHF, a BP and an old noob, the geometry of the noob case is just shabby..the others are wrong because they have to house a 7750 but the noob just seems to have been very poorly machined. When you handle the gen and the noob together it's really too obvious a difference for my liking. The curvature and finishing is practically non existent, the case is more like a GMT master.

However it's nothing that can't be reworked- they left too much steel on the case, better than not enough :) and the rehaut engraving and movement make them perfect for franken bases. But at $700...well, maybe I expect too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
The ARF is much nicer out of the box I have to say, as an owner of four noobs, 4 ARF'S, a JHF, a BP and an old noob, the geometry of the noob case is just shabby..the others are wrong because they have to house a 7750 but the noob just seems to have been very poorly machined. When you handle the gen and the noob together it's really too obvious a difference for my liking. The curvature and finishing is practically non existent, the case is more like a GMT master.

However it's nothing that can't be reworked- they left too much steel on the case, better than not enough :) and the rehaut engraving and movement make them perfect for franken bases. But at $700...well, maybe I expect too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe arf and noob make deal like that... so they can both selling their watches... noob better movement and arf better finish

srhoque

28/11/18
= best daytona rep ever

Totally agree!!

Just FYI, I found out today that TomRep (well known on this forum for doing YM insert mods) can do a bracelet mod with Noob SEL put into an ARF bracelet. Looking forward to doing that. I think this would take this watch to the next level.

Last edited:

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
The difference is night and day with Gen Parts...

Plus the value of the gen parts alone will probably never lose value so you end up with a watch that could even potentially go up in value.

Hence why I recommend getting the 116520 as gen parts for this model is more readily available, and more reasonably priced.

BEFORE any upgrades:

oxbiD.jpg

AFTER:

oxFY3.jpg

Noob Daytona 116520 [Got it in hand in early January 2019]
ARF Crystal + ARF Bezel (V2) + Gen gasket
Genuine White APH Dial [Super Luminova]
Genuine Minute and Hour Hands [Super Luminova]
Genuine Chronograph Hand [ Small gen hands did not fit sadly :( ]
oxSVY.jpg

Gen Box + Gen Papers + Gen Holo Tag

Last edited:

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Totally agree!!

Just FYI, I found out today that TomRep (well known on this forum for doing YM insert mods) can do a bracelet mod with Noob SEL put into an ARF bracelet. Looking forward to doing that. I think this would take this watch to the next level.

Many members can do/ have done this.

​​​​​​A splitter, clamp with some brushing. Proper tools cost more than an ARF bracelet though =.="

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
Many members can do/ have done this.

​​​​​​A splitter, clamp with some brushing. Proper tools cost more than an ARF bracelet though =.="

Can you please post pics of the tools required to do this job. Also, where do I go about buying them?