Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by the massakretor View Post
    Guys why no one talks about the JF daytonas? At 288$, they are very slim (same as gen). So everyone tradeoff the non working chrono for 488$ with ARF but literally no ones for JF for an even better thickness?

    Even JF 288$ plus 50$ for an ARF bezel, would be a steal and very close to the real deal.
    I think you mean one of these: https://www.intime03.co/rollie/2820-...s-genuine.html
    Yes, these models have very nice thickness and are also looking nice but complete FAUX chrono = no working stop second hand, no working = frozen subdials at "3" and "9"
    If you can live with a watch which looks like a chrono, but does not work (also not the stop seceond hand) than it is a good deal.

    Case shape is very similiar to the ARF, this means same flaw for the pusher position. But who will recognise when you are not so steep into these knowledge

    You can also mod the JF "slim" version. Dial on the JF is good.

    time goes by so slowly ...

    Comment


      Newbie question here - is it possible and effective to mod a JF Daytona with the Noob movt?

      Comment


        Originally posted by thescorpiusgroup View Post
        Newbie question here - is it possible and effective to mod a JF Daytona with the Noob movt?
        Impossible man. There are too much parameters that it would not work easily.
        Save your time and money and go for the Noob directly.
        time goes by so slowly ...

        Comment


          Originally posted by the massakretor View Post
          Guys why no one talks about the JF daytonas? At 288$, they are very slim (same as gen). So everyone tradeoff the non working chrono for 488$ with ARF but literally no ones for JF for an even better thickness?

          Even JF 288$ plus 50$ for an ARF bezel, would be a steal and very close to the real deal.
          The JFs in that price range have a DG2813 movements in them and IIRC the 3 and 9 subdials move as 24 hour hands triggered by the top and bottom pushers. The large chrono hand is frozen.
          We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.

          Comment


            Originally posted by thescorpiusgroup View Post
            Newbie question here - is it possible and effective to mod a JF Daytona with the Noob movt?
            A better option would be to buy the Noob and mod it with a JF dial. Still waiting for someone to try that and report on the fit. There's one JF dial I'd love to fit on a Noob.

            We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.

            Comment


              OK thanks for the info.

              Now perhaps a better question, is there a JF vs. ARF dial/bezel comparison?

              Comment





                Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
                Genestein AP creator

                Comment



                  Omega: 2 x Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Liquidmetal \ Speedmaster Apollo XVII \ Seamaster The James Bond 007 - 50th Anniversiy Ceramic \
                  Aqua Terra Grey Dial 007 \ Seamaster Diver 300 Blue Dial \ Planet Ocean CrPO 42mm Noob \ Vintage Seamaster 300 Military \
                  Rolex: Daytona 2016 116500 modded \ GMT Master II 16710 Red/Black \ Yacht-Master 116622 Noob Grey Dial \ Submariner 116610 Hulk \ Datejust blue dial \
                  IWC: Portugese Chrono 3714 \ Top Gun Chrono PVD

                  Tudor: Heritage Black Bay Bronze \ Heritage Black Bay Red Bezel
                  Porsche Design: Flat Six Chronograph P6000 - A7750
                  Montblanc: Timewalker GMT - Swiss ETA 2836-2

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Micasol View Post
                    Awesome

                    time goes by so slowly ...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Nur-Uhr View Post

                      I think you mean one of these: https://www.intime03.co/rollie/2820-...s-genuine.html
                      Yes, these models have very nice thickness and are also looking nice but complete FAUX chrono = no working stop second hand, no working = frozen subdials at "3" and "9"
                      If you can live with a watch which looks like a chrono, but does not work (also not the stop seceond hand) than it is a good deal.

                      Case shape is very similiar to the ARF, this means same flaw for the pusher position. But who will recognise when you are not so steep into these knowledge

                      You can also mod the JF "slim" version. Dial on the JF is good.
                      Yeah those are what I am talking about. Since JF and ARF are the same factory I believe a lot of parts are shared (dial, bracelet, bezel maybe). Just for the chrono working 1 minute a lot of people are paying basically double, and eagerly so.

                      I was looking for some extra real life pictures of the JFs because if they look nice, I could totally live with a faux chrono

                      Comment




                        Noob just arrived. Far from perfect I know, but I am very pleased with it!

                        The movement feels really good to wind, none of the gritty/grinding feeling I’ve had a few times.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment





                          Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
                          Genestein AP creator

                          Comment


                            Micasol I like your style. Thanks for the pictures. Do you know if someone has made a picture with the noob and a gen on the same wrist? I would like to see differences under the same light conditions. Sorry this is my first post.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Biertje View Post
                              Micasol I like your style. Thanks for the pictures. Do you know if someone has made a picture with the noob and a gen on the same wrist? I would like to see differences under the same light conditions. Sorry this is my first post.
                              Thanks bro, here welcome, made pics to compare which model?


                              Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
                              Genestein AP creator

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by the massakretor View Post

                                Yeah those are what I am talking about. Since JF and ARF are the same factory I believe a lot of parts are shared (dial, bracelet, bezel maybe). Just for the chrono working 1 minute a lot of people are paying basically double, and eagerly so.

                                I was looking for some extra real life pictures of the JFs because if they look nice, I could totally live with a faux chrono
                                JF Daytonas are not the same as ARF. Look on Trusty or TS watch for some good pics/vids of both. Not the same dial bezel or bracelet. ARF better in all categories. Some JF dials are worth trying to get only because ARF doesn't make them yet.
                                We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X