• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
8fea8908bfd679eac5807c570f7317ca.jpg

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
:love: Nice unit, mate, so what parts dd you swap out?
Gen dial, hands, sapphire, both oysterflex, clasp, crown, tube & all the keyless works, automatic module, most the bridges, ratchet wheel, barrel complete, second wheel, chrono seconds wheel, clutch module. CF bezel.

Still on the lookout for reasonably priced unopened balance, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Gen dial, hands, sapphire, both oysterflex, clasp, crown, tube & all the keyless works, automatic module, most the bridges, ratchet wheel, barrel complete, second wheel, chrono seconds wheel, clutch module. CF bezel.

Still on the lookout for reasonably priced unopened balance, though.

Did you see difference with the gen crystal?Like more clear?

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Did you see difference with the gen crystal?Like more clear?
Not in terms of clarity, the Noob crystal actually is already quite good. However, the LEC is incorrect on the Noob as it is far too apparent. The more important thing is getting gen gasket which fixes the opacity and height issues of the Noob one, as the crystal sits too high. I didn't actually manage to get the gasket replaced on this one nor the SS daytona, but the meteorite one was OK. This was the reason from my watchmaker:

the gen crystal gaskets are extremely tight when pressing the ceramic bezels on. So much so I have used the rep gaskets as I fear shattering the ceramic bezels. I've had this before on rep cases and gen gaskets.

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Not in terms of clarity, the Noob crystal actually is already quite good. However, the LEC is incorrect on the Noob as it is far too apparent. The more important thing is getting gen gasket which fixes the opacity and height issues of the Noob one, as the crystal sits too high. I didn't actually manage to get the gasket replaced on this one nor the SS daytona, but the meteorite one was OK. This was the reason from my watchmaker:

the gen crystal gaskets are extremely tight when pressing the ceramic bezels on. So much so I have used the rep gaskets as I fear shattering the ceramic bezels. I've had this before on rep cases and gen gaskets.

Thank u for your helpful reply,yes gasket is something that i will 100% do but i thought for the crystal also if it made difference with clarity etc...,but after your reply will keep the noob

gpvecchi

4/7/12

What is LEC?