• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V9 SEL and Bezel comparisons (ARF bracelet included and installed on the V9)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So, there is a lot of hype on the V9 Noob that just came out. There were also a lot of concerns with the SELs. This write up compares the V9 to a Gen, the new bezel construction, and clasps. I also had an ARF bracelet I had ordered and installed on the V9 to show you how it would look with it on. I will tell you that the stock V9 Noob bracelet felt so much better and solid between the two. Both are made from 904L steel. Although I feel both are made very well I may have to modify, a little, of the ARF to make it sit nice and right. I will post in the future once I this is done but at this time, right out of the box, the Noob sits perfectly as it was made for the watch. I think both options are very good if you happen to go this route and there is no wrong answer, you only feel it in the pocket book. Off to the Picts.....

V9 vs GEN

4SHrQQn.jpg

8izHMbt.jpg

Xjj1dZW.jpg

q6nCwCZ.jpg

LTrXvj8.jpg

ui3uobc.jpg

Wsevevr.jpg

EPM9O1c.jpg

TQROTpo.jpg

uFBSuVD.jpg

vVlhnEc.jpg

A1pJlFn.jpg

gNADNMr.jpg

2QLgSXa.jpg

fEqFCGk.jpg

57TjC7P.jpg

jHhBOd4.jpg

cecFWoD.jpg

6t8E8c0.jpg

GCUP1iX.jpg

mXYgRnw.jpg

zoCEi7J.jpg

PfVXkf9.jpg

kwHEHPI.jpg

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Here's what I mean about the ARF bracelet that doesn't sit as well...

O9mF1DH.jpg

It's only when I move the watch around on my wrist but if I wear it firmly, it looks nice. Feels like there is some play and so I may have to use the tape mod.

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
The ARF sel and clasp is aesthetically closer to gen than V9 but it doesn't feel as solid? Interesting.

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
No..

Noob clasp is the best currently on the market and very close to gen. It is also stiff like gen. Engraving are very neat and nicely done. Crown is standout clear and firm. Ceramic ball spring bars.

Noob has won subc clasps.

ARF has outsourced the clasp and lost this area. But their overall bracelet and sel are excellent. Just need to be ARF case also.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
awesome write up and pics, well done, thanks for this. interesting to see that the bezel engravings are still inaccurate after all these years and iterations. particularly the hash marks are visibly the wrong size and shape.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
awesome write up and pics, well done, thanks for this. interesting to see that the bezel engravings are still inaccurate after all these years and iterations. particularly the hash marks are visibly the wrong size and shape.

Getting very close now

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I would stick to the noob bracelet. the ARF bracelet on it looks too recessed at the top

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
No..

Noob clasp is the best currently on the market and very close to gen. It is also stiff like gen. Engraving are very neat and nicely done. Crown is standout clear and firm. Ceramic ball spring bars.

Noob has won subc clasps.

ARF has outsourced the clasp and lost this area. But their overall bracelet and sel are excellent. Just need to be ARF case also.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Exactly - ARF clasp is crap.