• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to realign GMT2c bezel?

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Hi - I want to realign the bezel assembly on my 116710 because the 12 marker on the bezel is 1mm or so off the 12 marker on the dial. I have taken most of the bezel assembly off fine but am struggling to remove the last bezel part with grooves (not the metal washer) that fits with the click spring (the part that sits on the outside of the crystal gasket) - this is the part that needs to be shifted 1mm so the thin metal click part under the bezel fits into it when reassembled.

Any tips on how to remove this without having to remove the entire movement and pushing the crystal out that way?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Longwood do you know?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
if you've got the bezel off why not just remove the ceramic insert and adjust it.

Reactions: MrBeasy

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
if you've got the bezel off why not just remove the ceramic insert and adjust it.

This! put a mark on the bezel where 12' Marker should be. Use heatgun to pry the ceramic off. Realign with the mark you have made. Dab of high quality glue back in. Press and hold

Done

MrBeasy

8/2/16
You sir.... may be on to something! thank you. will report back.

MrBeasy

8/2/16
This! put a mark on the bezel where 12' Marker should be. Use heatgun to pry the ceramic off. Realign with the mark you have made. Dab of high quality glue back in. Press and hold

Done
thank you. will attempt this.

MrBeasy

8/2/16
what do you mean by heatgun? will a blow dryer do?

Done

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Is it a rep bezel and insert? don’t think Rolex use double sided sticky tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBeasy

8/2/16
gen bezel and insert. and I miswrote that it was 116710 It a actually solid gold 116718 bezel - I think the inserts just click in don't they?

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Yeah you’re not getting the insert out with a hairdryer, they are pressed in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrBeasy

8/2/16
Didn't do it - felt like I was going to crack it. Put a fair amount of force on the inside and still wouldn't budge

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Hello Mr Beasy,

i to once had this issue. IMO you would be crazy risking pulling the insert out when it’s Gen. it’s in there.

The crystal retaining ring comes off, it takes a litttle finesse and the crystal will come off. Take a fresh razor blade and slowly work it around the base where it meets the mid case, don’t use a ton of upwards force just push it in and keep working it all around. It will lift up. The gen is setup that you want the 12 o clock marker lined up between the two humps on the retaining ring.

Take your time and and be careful with your fingers. Next time I do one I’ll take a video so we can have it on the page. You can WhatsApp me if you want some photos of what to do.

wasabe19

Horology Curious
24/1/09
Hey guys sorry to hijack but I'm actually looking to replace the bezel assembly on my noob CHS GMT2c.

Do you just pop off the bezel and press it back in just like on a sub?

Thanks in advance !