• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Yachtmaster 116655 Rose Gold

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I have one on the way from Andrew, wanted to buy the Noob because of the date font on this but it was not available.

Reactions: Otix Straps

watchtiger

22/11/16
Date font is too fat. This looks more JF than ARF. Then again, aren’t they one and the same? Haha.

Otherwise the build of this watch is great!

Reactions: hblackiston

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Got mine today - If y'all buy these, be aware this new more gen-like oysterflex ARF is making is way shorter than the one on their daytonas. With my daytona, I had to add a single link , with the adjuster in the middle hole of the clasp to fit comfortably on my wrist. With this YM, I needed 2 extra links, and the adjuster in the outside most hole of the clasp, so we're not talking a few mm shorter, it's a significant difference. I couldn't even get the bracelet over my hand at stock length.

Reactions: Yankee183

blehbleh215

2/2/17
Got mine today - If y'all buy these, be aware this new more gen-like oysterflex ARF is making is way shorter than the one on their daytonas. With my daytona, I had to add a single link , with the adjuster in the middle hole of the clasp to fit comfortably on my wrist. With this YM, I needed 2 extra links, and the adjuster in the outside most hole of the clasp, so we're not talking a few mm shorter, it's a significant difference. I couldn't even get the bracelet over my hand at stock length.

Photo please!

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Ah I realized why - both ends are the same length. Usually you get one long one and one short one, but this is 2 short pieces, so it's like 13-15mm shorter than you usually get - good news for small wristed folks I guess. Glad I had those RG oyster links kicking around though.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
At any rate it's real nice feeling (aside from the short strap and fat date) like every other ARF release. Bezel feels great, SH3135 winding is really smooth feeling and really quiet. The addition of the metal flex band into the strap doesn't really make it feel any different from the other ones they were making, so not a huge difference there.

Reactions: blehbleh215

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Yes photos please! Also are you sure they’re not selling larger straps?

They may be , but I wasn't offered one (I didn't pay enough attention to see in the photos it was the same short piece on both sides - I think maybe they're only making the short piece with the new gen construction oysterflex and that's why they're using 2 65mm pieces on this watch instead of a 65 @ 6 and a 78 @ 12)

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I wonder if it was a mistake from the factory, I had a JF AP in rose delivered and the bracelet was installed wrong way around displaying a 5 digit serial number on the 4th link down from the case. I only clocked on after taking a photo. So wouldn’t surprise me that they installed two short sides by accident

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Maybe, who knows. I'd check with your dealer if you order at any rate to make sure if you don't have RG oyster links to make up for it.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I liked the dial on this but I have the Noob and the ARF looks wrong in some aspects compared to mine. (Bezel, gold color, clasp engravings, date font, etc.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro