• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Yachtmaster 116655 Rose Gold

BrandonT

Horology Curious
5/5/20
I was thinking about getting the ARF. I heard that the movement is not compatible with gen parts however. Will I be able to have a gen date wheel installed into the ARF or I would need to get a Noob?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mew

18/12/15
Germany
I was thinking about getting the ARF. I heard that the movement is not compatible with gen parts however. Will I be able to have a gen date wheel installed into the ARF or I would need to get a Noob?

That's not directly true,

Both 3135 clones should accept Gen parts.

Noob has the SA clone which is now commonly referred to as VR3135, where as ARF has the SH3135.

You can also get both watches with 2836 movement which doesn't accept Gen parts..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

BrandonT

Horology Curious
5/5/20

Noob has the SA clone which is now commonly referred to as VR3135, where as ARF has the SH3135.

You can also get both watches with 2836 movement which doesn't accept Gen parts..

Ahhh ok. Thank you. Maybe the person was referring to the 2836 movement.

BrandonT

Horology Curious
5/5/20

Ahh ok. Thank you. Maybe they were talking about the 2836

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Well my Noob has started discoloring, I've hardly worn it 10-15 times maybe since I bought it. Very disappointed.

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Well my Noob has started discoloring, I've hardly worn it 10-15 times maybe since I bought it. Very disappointed.

I’ve had this watch and a daydate both from Noob and both are gone because of fade. But then my friend on the other hand has two gold ARF rolexes that look brand new after several wears (almost 2 years worth) and even during hot humid summer days.

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I’ve had this watch and a daydate both from Noob and both are gone because of fade. But then my friend on the other hand has two gold ARF rolexes that look brand new after several wears (almost 2 years worth) and even during hot humid summer days.

Thanks buddy, good to know. Should be the way to go if I ever decide to get something gold plated. Took my chances with the Seamaster 300m blue-rose gold from VSF, we will see how that one holds up through time.

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Thanks buddy, good to know. Should be the way to go if I ever decide to get something gold plated. Took my chances with the Seamaster 300m blue-rose gold from VSF, we will see how that one holds up through time.

Nice choice! That blue and rose contrast is truly stunning. I actually just received my patek 5711r from PPF..first time trying out their gold as well..good luck to both of us! Lol

Reactions: leo6929

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
Hi, just been reading through the thread, some great info was well worth the read. Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to pick up the best 116655 ARF with the 2824 movement available now?

Reactions: DB9506

HollywoodHansi

Looking Around
17/1/20
Could anyone update us with how your ARF's are getting on?

Very tempted to order this watch.

Cheers

hey!

i just can speak for myself... i received the 116655 from ARF a few weeks ago. i wore it 3 times and it already starts to fade. i dont know if this is common with all arf's or if i was just unlucky..

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Hi,

im very interested in entering this model but it seem to have an important issue with the discoloring of the plates rose gold. I found only one with wrapped gold which is from D1F. A bit lote expensive but if it solves this issue it would be worthwhile.
anyone has info about this factory? And is the rep a good one?
https://yourwatch.io/watch-brands/7...ack-ceramic-bezel-on-black-rubber-strap-a2836

thanks

Had both the noob and ARF 116655. Both had plating issues. Wrapped gold would be recommended here, but I do not know this website so please reach out to a trusted dealer to set you up.

Reactions: _Rolexlover_

lotexigeus

Horology Curious
15/9/14
Correct, with one minor detail. I ordered the A2824 movement, not the SH3135. I cant vouch for the SH3135 datewheel being updated, only what I received.

how's your watch holding up? I'm on the fence with this model.