• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Yachtmaster 116655 Rose Gold

namynos

Horology Curious
16/3/19
im also trying to decide. here are my considerations:

- JF is not an option. the finishing is not on the same level as NOOB and ARF. The bezel has some weird effect, depending on the light.
- ARF has corrected the date font on the A2824 movement, so that version is a good option. 3135 has fat numbers, so its out.
- The numbers on the bezel of the noob version has round corners. Not as refined as the ones on the ARF.
- Noob comes with 2 extra straps. Its always good to have more straps to find the right size for you.
- On the ARF, you can only have 2 straps, so you have to take care and choose the right size.
- ARF has a better bracelet, with a real metal blade.
- I´ve been reading a lot about people having problems with the NOOB´s gold plating. The ARF seems to hold much better.

So, if you want the best, at the moment, its probably the ARF with the 2824.
Noob is also very good, but the problem with the gold plating really worries me.

Thanks for your input pecupecu, But i have already ordered it, i guess i made the right choice Because i decided on the ARF, But i believe i fixed both the problems you had with ARF, i spoke to Jennifer at Pure time, and she agreed to swap out one of the EE to a EG that should fix my problem with the shorter strap, I also mentioned to her about the DW i think they fixed it for me also while keeping the 3135 movement, you decide here is a pick of a Gen next to my Rep , I captured the shot off of a youtube video ,sized them up the best i could . i think there pretty close.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgwvzpp0lo...nshot.jpg?dl=0 Mine is on the right side :)

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Thanks for your input pecupecu, But i have already ordered it, i guess i made the right choice Because i decided on the ARF, But i believe i fixed both the problems you had with ARF, i spoke to Jennifer at Pure time, and she agreed to swap out one of the EE to a EG that should fix my problem with the shorter strap, I also mentioned to her about the DW i think they fixed it for me also while keeping the 3135 movement, you decide here is a pick of a Gen next to my Rep , I captured the shot off of a youtube video ,sized them up the best i could . i think there pretty close.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgwvzpp0lo...nshot.jpg?dl=0 Mine is on the right side :)

ARF looks great! That is the one to have :)

pecupecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19

date is ok. too much mag, but in real life it will be ok.

the main problem for me there is the thickness of the gold frame in the minute markers. it completely changes the dial. is that a real problem on the ARF, or is it the picture?

chigganv

30/1/19
ARF / NOOB Owners.

How long have you owned the watch (ARF or NOOB) and have you seen any fading of the rose gold color yet??

Last edited:

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
I think that only Noob has fading problems

Inviato dal mio MI 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I think that only Noob has fading problems

ARF Had it's share of issues too. Had an ARF 116515 I bought M2M and the clasp looked horrible, I sent it right back to the previous owner for refund. It is about getting lucky, but I think NOOB has the better plating?

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
I have seen a lot of 116655 Noob with this problem

Last edited:

atozzotas

7/1/15
ARF / NOOB Owners.

How long have you owned the watch (ARF or NOOB) and have you seen any fading of the rose gold color yet??

For about 2 years
Yes, mine was noob that faded in the tips of the lugs. (maybe came into contact with perfume or alcohol based hand cleaning solutions)

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
For about 2 years
Yes, mine was noob that faded in the tips of the lugs. (maybe came into contact with perfume or alcohol based hand cleaning solutions)

My new Noob daytona has this exact same problem, my guess is rose gold plating doesn't hold well overall, there is much debate on here about how to properly look after these plated watches, I've seen people say you should wipe them after use so the oils from sweat etc don't react with the plating, others say rubbing basically wears the thin plating down... shame really rose is mu favorite metal.

haggle_

Known Member
29/6/18
To be honest, For me I care more about the finishing of the watch. 90% of people don’t care about what flaw we are seeing, but they hold the watch with smooth and solid feeling, the feeling of 20k watch. ARF win over Noob 10 times. You just need to invest in gen crystal and gen dw. You would have perfect feeling gen watch.

i have couple of noob high end version, all the edge are not smooth and feel so sharp.

Wo can replace datewheel and crystal?

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Puretime dropped an updated ARF 116655 today...cant tell whats new

...actually not sure if anythings new, it may have just been re-added to the site.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Puretime dropped an updated ARF 116655 today...cant tell whats new

...actually not sure if anythings new, it may have just been re-added to the site.

I noticed that but I don’t see anything different.

benballer

Known Member
Certified
15/3/19
Stunning thread. Read all 28 pages lol.

Quick question: the gen RG YM has a 3135 movement, right ? So the SH3135, despite being problematic and with a bold DW, is pretty much accurate - in terms of looks ?

Reactions: donpepe

jkoelho

Horology Curious
22/6/08
Hi.
I'm interested in this model. For what I see, the ARF is the best version. But I also noticed about the BP v2 that also looks good but not really mentioned much. And while on trusty time the ARF sells for $478 (ROLYM162), the BP v2 sells for $318 (ROLYM151), so is it that better for extra $160/50% more? Besides that it was mentioned that BP has the best gold color and they are the best ones for gold watches.
Splitting both versions into the following details, how do they compare?
  • Date wheel (for me they both look good, not "fat")
  • gold plating and gold colour accuracy
  • bezel engraving (I think the ARF looks better, the BP looks to have more rounded corners, but not sure if it is just me)
  • band (do they both have metal inside)? how many included with each of them?
  • movements: "Nickel Plated Asia Clone 3135 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph" on BP vs "Nickel Plated Asia 2836-2 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph", don't know which one is better;
  • Other details;

Reactions: JBLNR