• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best feeling rep?

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Arf sd43 v2 for sure is best feeling.

Yeah, I really want to get one of those. It's relatively low risk because the resale value is so damn good. I also wanted to know, what shipping method should I use for puretime(conus)? There's the 15 dollar method directly from china, then the 30 dollar method with the triangular route via the UK. The problem is that the 15 dollar version is not guaranteed by PT if it gets seized by customs, whereas they suggest against the 30 dollar version if you live in conus(it takes longer). It seems like neither option is good for the US. What's the rough chance of customs seizure for CONUS?

hermesgroove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/17
If you have a gram scale, could you weigh it? I am very interested in the SD43. Also, have you used it in the water at all?

I heard you can use it in the water out of the box (there is a post by a guy taking his sd43 diving in hawaii), but I want to waterproof mine first.
I don't have a scale but I think the rep weighs 187 grams (gen is 194 g)

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I heard you can use it in the water out of the box (there is a post by a guy taking his sd43 diving in hawaii), but I want to waterproof mine first.
I don't have a scale but I think the rep weighs 187 grams (gen is 194 g)

Problem is that SD's have an HEV valve which is another thing that could go wrong. You are smart to waterproof test it first. All reps should be tested before swimming or even showering. My wife had a gen DJ that fogged up just from showering, something went wrong when it was produced I guess but Rolex took care of it. Just goes to show that you need to be really careful with any watch!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Yeah, I really want to get one of those. It's relatively low risk because the resale value is so damn good. I also wanted to know, what shipping method should I use for puretime(conus)? There's the 15 dollar method directly from china, then the 30 dollar method with the triangular route via the UK. The problem is that the 15 dollar version is not guaranteed by PT if it gets seized by customs, whereas they suggest against the 30 dollar version if you live in conus(it takes longer). It seems like neither option is good for the US. What's the rough chance of customs seizure for CONUS?

I think SEAD has some stock in UK or somewhere in the EU. You might be in luck! Shoot him an email!

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Problem is that SD's have an HEV valve which is another thing that could go wrong. You are smart to waterproof test it first. All reps should be tested before swimming or even showering. My wife had a gen DJ that fogged up just from showering, something went wrong when it was produced I guess but Rolex took care of it. Just goes to show that you need to be really careful with any watch!

Yes, but WHERE? I live in San Diego, and I really don't think that bringing a "fake" watch into any of the watchsmiths around here would go over so well. I'd be perfectly willing to pay someone 50 bucks or something to make sure my watch has enough water resistance to shower and swim. I can't seem to find any vendors on RWI that do that service and explicitly list the price. Do you know if there are any rep friendly watchsmiths in San Diego, or where I could go to find one?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
ARF Datejust 36mm (oyster and jubilee - had both and they feel so gen)
ARF 126600 (had it briefly and it feels great)
TC 16610 (feels damn gen as well)

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Yes, but WHERE? I live in San Diego, and I really don't think that bringing a "fake" watch into any of the watchsmiths around here would go over so well. I'd be perfectly willing to pay someone 50 bucks or something to make sure my watch has enough water resistance to shower and swim. I can't seem to find any vendors on RWI that do that service and explicitly list the price. Do you know if there are any rep friendly watchsmiths in San Diego, or where I could go to find one?

I am on the other coast my friend. Best bet is to find a modder on the west coast or anywhere in the US and ship it to them. Better safe than sorry, what's a few days.

You could even try doing it at home if you are good with your hands :)

http://www.instructables.com/id/Safe...esistant-test/ or https://forums.watchuseek.com/f6/di...-watch-water-pressure-tester-$40-4319282.html

Or get this and charge others to test their watches as well https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Re.../dp/B016NNS2IO